Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (H) pre match

5 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Saw Choudhury in the Lambo show room in Thurmaston last night. Make of that what you will....

Hope he isn`t going for the one you are after! :@

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Our wingers are all much of a muchness - one good game to four or five bad/average ones. And Perez can’t even play in that position. It’s pot luck whoever Rodgers selects.

We all know that the most dangerous and consistently productive winger that we have is our right back!

So if we truly want to play in the Champions League why are we not looking to buy one? 

Who says we aren’t? It’s a lot easier to buy a player in the summer and that player will know we are in the Champions League by then too. 

On 19/01/2020 at 16:54, FIF said:

No,NO,NO

We'll be way to slow and ponderous

Kasper (flapperman)

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu (tell him to stop being fancy)

Chillz

Mendy

Hamza

Madderz

Tielemans/Barnes (tell them about predicting when they have to run back to defend)

Iheanacho

Vardy

If fit, play Ndidi, reports say that he could be in the team tonight 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Anyone else feeling totally apathetic about the games at the moment, we've been as dull as dishwater for quite some time now. 

Over the last 3/4 games they have not played with such a high line not as much pressure on the other teams back for, we have sat a lot deeper, BR has slowed our game down and this maybe due to the players being knackered with the amount of games that they have played 

3 minutes ago, John rayner said:

If fit, play Ndidi, reports say that he could be in the team tonight 

but are we rushing him back too soon? Would it be better to play Hamza tonight and for the Brentford game and then bring back a Wilf after he gets some raining in for the league cup knockout match. I think so.

tonight is a MASSIVE game for us. Even though we've thrown away 6pts in the last two games against rlegation threatened teams if we can win tonight we'll still be sitting pretty, if we lose the pressure will be high in each of the next 3 games at the very least, and the selection will be more problematic.

3 points against a shit West Ham team and we move further towards CL qualification whatever anyone else does, we can not worry so much about potential defeat , playing a weaker team, against Brentford and we can go into the League cup SF playing our best team and aiming for a final.

A third consecutive loss to a shit team would put big pressure on us to turn things around against Brentford (who are possibly a better team than Wham) as failure would mean 6 losses in 7 and early FA cup exit adding even more pressure to the Villa match which is days before another PL match where we'd be staring 4 consecutive PL defeats in the face.

Let's trounce them tonight and restore confidence.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Anyone else feeling totally apathetic about the games at the moment, we've been as dull as dishwater for quite some time now. 

No.

We've actually had more shots on target and some exciting games over the last month. Losing doesn't mean it was dull, just disappointing.

We lost leads in both the last two games. 

I'm also feeling apathetic. Prior to the Norwich game we averaged more than two points per game, which was top 3 form. The last 7 games have yielded an average of one point per game, which is relegation form. Let's hope that Brentford at the weekend doesn't become another Newport.

8 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I'm also feeling apathetic. Prior to the Norwich game we averaged more than two points per game, which was top 3 form. The last 7 games have yielded an average of one point per game, which is relegation form. Let's hope that Brentford at the weekend doesn't become another Newport.

Brentford are in the championship playoff territory at the minute and not far off automatic promotion. It wouldn't be a Newport in the slightest.

• Like 1

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leicester-city/injury-news/news/brendan-rodgers-hails-machine-wilfred-ndidi-after-speedy-injury-comeback_386983.html

I know its been briefly mentioned already but i dont think it's been celebrated enough.

First i heard and i am now buzzing for tonight, even after commenting that i dont think he would have made enough of a difference.

I am now converted. Come back onyinye wilfred ndidi. We've missed you.

Please show us how much and relegate these jellied eel loving twats.

39 minutes ago, FIF said:

No.

We've actually had more shots on target and some exciting games over the last month. Losing doesn't mean it was dull, just disappointing.

We lost leads in both the last two games. 

I've watched the games, I was bored, we were poor and it was mostly drab and dull. I'm glad you've enjoyed it, but frankly it's one step away from Puel levels of boredom at the moment for me. 

I know it's still partially down to winning the league, I've not felt the same since. I just feel early season positivity has ebbed away, part due to not playing very well. But also because I'm not sure Rodgers is showing any signs of knowing what to do to end the slump. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

What are we supposed to make of it? 

He’s looking for a new car? Shock horror.

That obviously his mind is on buying a new car and not focusing on his football. Maybe the reason him and Chilwell fell out? Hamza wanted a Lambo but Chilwell thought Bentleys were better?

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Our poor run of form has coincided with him starting games for us 🤔

He's not directly responsible for every other players shit performances.

A few times he's been only one of the few actually coming out with any credit whatsoever. I'd rather had the usual three in the middle, but Tielemans has been total and utter garbage. Praet didn't make him give the ball away 11 times against Villa (for example), with lazy, sloppy passes. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Nope. Not yet anyway.

I'm always convinced we're going to actually turn up and not put in another complete minger of a performance, and for the last three games I've been thoroughly disappointed. 

Another Soton- or Burnley-like showing tonight, and I think we'll see a bit of a shift in attitudes, and questions will really start to be be asked.

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Nope. Not yet anyway.

I'm always convinced we're going to actually turn up and not put in another complete minger of a performance, and for the last three games I've been thoroughly disappointed. 

Another Soton- or Burnley-like showing tonight, and I think we'll see a bit of a shift in attitudes, and questions will really start to be be asked.

Margins though isn't it? I don't think we played that badly against Burnley. Had one of our efforts gone in or Vards scored the penalty, we'd have been praising the team for turning things around and putting on a solid show. I didn't see much different with Burnley away than I saw at Brighton or Crystal Palace away - just we came out on the right side of the result and our fans were happy.

Keep the faith.. It'll come good.. 

• Like 1