Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (H) pre match

Would be quite a nice feeling to beat these well.

Should have enough to do so, given players are on-form and ready.

Can imagine their fans being envious with LCFC having such an excellent owner/s, given their controversial stadium move and other things they've been unhappy about..

1 hour ago, tickler28 said:

Schmeichel

Justin.    Soyuncu.  Morgan.    Chilwell

Gray.Tielemans.Choudhury. Albrighton

Maddison

Iheanacho

Subs:

Vardy

Fuchs

Benkovic

Praet

Mendy

Ward

Barnes

This gives us 8 fresh starters and is still a strong side with quality on the bench

Dropping Vardy is brave. 

14 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Would be quite a nice feeling to beat these well.

Should have enough to do so, given players are on-form and ready.

Can imagine their fans being envious with LCFC having such an excellent owner/s, given their controversial stadium move and other things they've been unhappy about..

It's true that West Ham fans haven't had much to cheer about for a long time. And there's some discontent with the owners.

But getting 60,000 against Everton   - that's not bad...

Huge game. We need to up our work rate and intensity. Bring in Albrighton for Perez, Choudhury for Mendy and Tielemans for Praet. Our loss of form means that we must now out work the opposition, something we failed to do against Southampton and, even more crucially, against a very poor Burnley side who were there for the taking. Time to stand up and be counted. Get stuck in and we beat West Ham, a team with a lot of talent but a team that doesn't like to get it's hands dirty. Against Brentford play a strong second string; given the chance to impress they should give everything they've got. Then, against Villa, play our strongest 11 aided by the return of Wilf and we should be firmly back on track; looking forward to a Wembley final, still at least 11 points clear of 5th in the League and hopefully still in the FA cup.

Got to be getting to the point soon where Nacho gets a start.He looked very handy again albeit a bit deep yesterday but control is good and quick thinking to get the ball moving forward.Back four I would leave and it becomes a three when Ricky goes walkabout( in a good way).Probably Perez making way for Nacho.

Lets face it we played pretty OK yesterday but no result.Mendy did a good job Denis likewise (not like Denis Wise) and Fuchs

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

It's true that West Ham fans haven't had much to cheer about for a long time. And there's some discontent with the owners.

But getting 60,000 against Everton   - that's not bad...

To be fair they do have a good fan following, the new stadium just ruins it completely

The most vital game of the season so far is West Ham. Forget the Liverpool or Man City games over Christmas; this is the one. We need the crowd, the team to work off each other and get some evening match time fervour. We're all worried at the mo, but I sense we can get back on the bike on Wednesday. There will be a few tweaks to the team but I hope we play Ihenacho from the start as he deserves to play and it may confuse Moyes working out a plan just with Vardy up top. Don't worry about a holding midfielder we should be dominating this one. Go 4-4 effin 2 - with two wide men and two up top as we are at home. 

Edited by oxtonfox
adding point

It’s just ironic that I’m our last game one of the biggest positives is Barnes finally looking like the complete player we’ve all been praying for.

hope he continues to build on that against the hammers. Cmon you foxes let’s get back to the feel good winning ways again. Losing sucks!

Guest An Sionnach

Wes is fit so only one injured player, much better than most P.L. squads  right now,  so no excuses there. Tiredness?  same for everybody. Individual form ? Nearly full squad to choose from. We underperform again and the buck stops with Rodgers. 

Edited by An Sionnach

There really is no ‘I’ in team. If we under perform, we do it as a team. It’s not as if the players do not know how to play football, do not where the goal is for this or that games until Rodgers tells them, so bad passes, bad finishing- not everything can be laid at the managers door.

Bring back the psychologists I say.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There really is no ‘I’ in team. If we under perform, we do it as a team. It’s not as if the players do not know how to play football, do not where the goal is for this or that games until Rodgers tells them, so bad passes, bad finishing- not everything can be laid at the managers door.

They still have one on the books.

Guest An Sionnach
6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rodgers cannot tell them how to play football, every single player in our squad is a better player than he ever was. So its largely a matter of motivation and that is where he needs to show his worth , scribbling in a notebook is not in my opinion the way to do it.

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

To be fair they do have a good fan following, the new stadium just ruins it completely

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

They've not taken a full allocation and we've sold M1 again to City fans. 

They had the full allocation, intact the biggest weve given this season however over Christmas from 26th (I think) onwards they had a week of no sales. 

I go England games with a few WHU lads and it was only in the pub at West Ham away had re realised they sent 700 or so back. They'd have probably filled that away end too if they didnt. 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Surely we can't lose at home to this rabble..

Can we?

West Ham traditionally do well at ours. We don't often beat them at home and given our current form I don't think it would be a massive surprise if we dropped more points.