Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (H) pre match

I'd maybe consider a 3-5-2 to give Vardy some help up top and change things up a bit. Tell Chilwell and Ricardo they have free reign to go forward.

Kasper

Soyuncu   Evans    Fuchs

Ricardo      Tielemans      Hamza/Praet     Chilwell

Maddison

Iheanacho   Vardy

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Christ, thinking about this and I am seriously struggling to know what I'd do team-wise. I think Iheanacho deserves a start though. We have to get him in. He's been our biggest threat for the last two months and I'm not joking.

you know why? Because he has been showing plenty of desire and he rarely gives up. If all of our players were like him, we'd be in a different position right now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guesty said:

I'd maybe consider a 3-5-2 to give Vardy some help up top and change things up a bit. Tell Chilwell and Ricardo they have free reign to go forward.

Kasper

Soyuncu   Evans    Fuchs

Ricardo      Tielemans      Hamza/Praet     Chilwell

Maddison

Iheanacho   Vardy

Think we've learned that that formation isn't working for us. In particular look at Chilwells last performance. He has pace and runs from deep but in that advanced position he doesn't/can't take anyone one on and just passes back and slows things down. Fuchs is a liability at centre half and always has been, gave two goals away in champions league by losing his man and hasn't improved either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Hughes said:

Could we try Justin at RB and Ricardo RW? Looks like Justin can do a decent enough job and out wingers are the position that we need more from.

Ricardo best coming from deep. Has been tried on the wing and is poor overall (which is why he was possibly converted to a fullback). The answer in the short term is to put Gray or Albrighton in front of him. Gray may have influenced things a bit more yesterday rather than bringing an out of form Tielemans on. I think he and Nacho would have given them more to think about. 

We are bound to be edgy after Sunday but whatever is occurring on the pitch, for the love of God let’s get behind them! The atmosphere is getting toxic again and it’s counter-productive. Then, before we know it, it’ll be like it was when Puel was here. 

As for the team, no idea at this point. Glad I’m not Brendan. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Katy said:

We are bound to be edgy after Sunday but whatever is occurring on the pitch, for the love of God let’s get behind them! The atmosphere is getting toxic again and it’s counter-productive. Then, before we know it, it’ll be like it was when Puel was here. 

As for the team, no idea at this point. Glad I’m not Brendan. 

Totally agree with that sentiment, though Rodgers could probably help the situation by picking his most in form players if fit and play them in positions that they're best suited to and confident in. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Totally agree with that sentiment, though Rodgers could probably help the situation by picking his most in form players if fit and play them in positions that they're best suited to and confident in. 

If he attempted to do that on current form could he pick 11 player?!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Is this a suggestion Brendan should drop Perez in favour of Nacho? Or you feel there is more?

Despite my grumbling around Sunday's game (Where rather than trying for impossible shots I suggested Maddison should seek the pass, he was actually probably trying to get everyone up and moving)

He probably should sit this out, but just to give him rest.

Barnes as 10, Gray on the wing.

(gulp)

Edited by Dahnsouff

Guest bennytwohats
42 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Such as what? As far as I can see over the past 5/6 games we’ve tried numerous combinations, all the kind of things people on here wanted to see and none of them worked.

eg play Hamza - did, went badly. Play Mendy - did, went badly. Play 352 - did, went badly etc

What are you advocating that we haven’t already tried?

May as well try something completely different. 

-------------------------Vardy

----------------------Maddison

Chilwell --------Preat-----Youri--------Ricardo

-------------Fuchs----Evans------Cags

------------------------Kasper

Bit like an X-wing formation? 

34 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

If he attempted to do that on current form could he pick 11 player?!!

🤣 in fairness you make a very good point. However, for example, I wouldn't persist with the ineffectual Perez out on the right, its utterly pointless, whereas Gray has had an effect when he's come on and played there. Hopefully Choudhury will be back and Iheanacho appears untouched by this spread of malaise and is busting a gut to prove himself.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is this a suggestion Brendan should drop Perez in favour of Nacho? Or you feel there is more?

Partly. Yes Perez definitely out, utterly pointless out wide, for me he's only being picked on price tag and the fact he's a Rodgers buy. Gray in his odd short cameos has offered more in a few minutes than Perez all game. Iheanacho too I believe also fits that mould. Had Albrighton been given half the game time Perez has had he may well have adapted to the system and certainly offers more defensive stability. I'm sure if Rodgers sticks Maddison out on the left again it will just confirm a crass predilection for stubbornness. Iheanacho behind Vardy with Gray on the right and Albrighton on the left may be worth a try. 3 players gagging to impress that are unburdened with a lack of confidence. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Such as what? As far as I can see over the past 5/6 games we’ve tried numerous combinations, all the kind of things people on here wanted to see and none of them worked.

eg play Hamza - did, went badly. Play Mendy - did, went badly. Play 352 - did, went badly etc

What are you advocating that we haven’t already tried?

See answers given below.