Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Not joining City

• 2 months later...
On 23/01/2020 at 01:20, foxile5 said:

Nicky Maynard must find a place in here. Hardly been on his uppers since. 

I was reading a piece taken from news now Leicester last week, and Nicky Maynard was saying he wanted to join Leicester but it was taken out of his hands, we offered £6.5 million, but there chairman turned it down, they ended up selling him to West Ham for around £2.5 million

7 minutes ago, dayday said:

I was reading a piece taken from news now Leicester last week, and Nicky Maynard was saying he wanted to join Leicester but it was taken out of his hands, we offered £6.5 million, but there chairman turned it down, they ended up selling him to West Ham for around £2.5 million

I remember that period well.  His career literally went downhill after that season and we ended up buying Beckford!

26 minutes ago, 49er said:

In the seventies:

John Toshack

Allan Hunter

Alan Beer (signed Lanier Robertson instead)

I've heard people call him a lot worse. lol

Also John Tudor from Sheffield United IIRC before he signed for Newcastle.

• Like 1

On 23/01/2020 at 07:51, surrifox said:

Billy Sharp ( about 8 years ago)

Remember that Doncaster accepted a bid from us for something like £6million, Sharp then turned us down claiming he was happy at Doncaster... two days later he signs for Southampton. See his loyality lasted about 48 hours. Sven suffered a lot of down turns while he was manager even with the money he had. 

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Remember that Doncaster accepted a bid from us for something like £6million, Sharp then turned us down claiming he was happy at Doncaster... two days later he signs for Southampton. See his loyality lasted about 48 hours. Sven suffered a lot of down turns while he was manager even with the money he had. 

My recollection was that it was Nigel Pearson who was our Manager at the time of our Billy Sharp bid. And also the transfer fee would have been in the region of £2m to £2.5m.

On 23/01/2020 at 01:01, foxile5 said:

He's at Derby now. So poor choices made amidst the Midlands clubs from Curtis! 

On 23/01/2020 at 01:46, Langston said:

Curtis Davies was an absolute class act for us, had we got him permanently we might not have splashed a load about on Matt Mills. Hard to be arsed about that after the last few years, mind.

Regardless of what people think happened with Curtis Davies, he's an absolute class act of a bloke.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Regardless of what people think happened with Curtis Davies, he's an absolute class act of a bloke.

Yep. Also didn't he only move to Birmingham because it was a permanent transfer, which is probably the sensible option (could be making that up)

On 23/01/2020 at 01:32, Detroit Blues said:

Charles Aranguiz? I can't pretend to know how well he's been, but I remember his transfer speculation thread going well over 100 pages lol

I remember seeing this magazine cover at the time. Fans were more excited by Aranguiz then Kante links....little did we know :-)

https://images.app.goo.gl/w3PwdgfLWa17tJ8y7