Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Steven Bergwijn

I think he is decent but If I had a choice to persevere with Barnes on the left hand side or sign this dude, Id stick with what we have. Barnes is looking more confident and at home by the game so bringing Bergwijn IMO wouldnt improve the first team. He may improve the squad as it will give us a further option wide left but IMO he isnt at the level where we need to part with Tielemans style cash.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Please stop. I want this to happen so much and as @Jordan knows, I’ve been on a about him for a while. I’m beginning to feel like @SheppyFox with all this angst

There’s a room in the Safehouse for transfer junkies.  It’s quiet and dark and closed off from the world.  They don’t have methadone , but they can give a little something like Diabaté to the desperate .

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well one thing I’d say is that despite looking really promising you never know if he can make the step up or not. Three players in recent seasons that left Holland on big moves have been Justin Kluivert, De Jong and De Ligt and none of them have torn up any trees yet, even if eventually they might all come good. 

I like this player a lot too and definitely think he has massive potential, but don’t see him as a slam dunk. It could definitely go either way with him whereas players like Neres and Ziyech I think would be more of a guarantee. But again I think that’s the sort of club we will be; we will pick up high potential players instead of proven ones and more times than not will improve said player. 

Bit harsh on De Jong who has been great at Barca and with the coaching changes, it’s because as a team they’ve not been performing. 

De Licht definitely not been as imperious and Kluivert has never been A-tier really. 

Anyway, would be fun. If not, I’m not getting too crazy on it! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Scenes when the media team release their Twitter teasers on the morning of deadline day and then 2 hours later it's Jannick Westergaard Jordon Ibe who steps out in the blue kit and not Stevie Bergwijn lol

Fixed.

Edited by Tuna
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Never heard of him, my knowledge of football beyond the Premier League is sadly lacking.

In fact I’ve hardly heard of any of the names we’re linked with.

You’re one up on me pal…. I struggle beyond Leicester City…

Doesn’t stop me getting excited though :frantics:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... although a YouTube video he rarely creates the space or opportunity for his team mates!! 

Good ball control but the end product is lacking. These are his best bits..,. 

He's got 10 assist in 16 games this season. Demarai Gray has got 7 assists in 125 PL apps...

27 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He’s a young player with raw talent. The likes of Mane were hardly world beaters before they joined the EPL. To expect him to be the finished article at his age is just plain daft.

• Like 1