Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

It is a shame that just for once you can't see beyond your tory blue spectacles. It is beholden upon any leader at this time to be clear and concise and to leave no grounds for idiots, as you say, interpreting what he may or may not have said. He clearly said that about take it on the chin. Did he then say however, that is not gvoernment policy and our advisors think that is a bad course to follow? No he didn't. Almost certainly because at that time it was a considered route to follow.

When his father said he would still be going to the pub, Boris was directly asked about that in the press conference. Did he come out and condemn it as a reckless act and completely against the governement's advice? No he didn't. In fact I seem to recall he tried to make some kind of joke about it.

This governement's strategy may prove to be good, only when the final body count can be taken can we tell and I wish them every good luck in what they do. However, some of the communication, especially from the Prime Minister, has been, up unil last Monday, confusing at best.

Perhaps it was a mistake to mention the herd immunity thing on This Morning, but the bigger mistake has been the malicious lies spread by people claiming that he advocated it as policy. 

One line has been clutched at and held onto for dear life despite the numerous times that he has talked about the interventions needed to flatten the curve.  He has been relentlessly banging the same drum yet people choose to believe this because it suits them politically.   Despicable in my opinion.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I just had to nip out to deliver a care package to one of my wife's colleagues who is alone and isolating.

Suprised by the number of work vans and vehicles on the road.

Even saw a roadside burger van open FFS!

Where was this? Asking for a friend.....:ph34r:

The suicide of the German Finance Minister is a stark reminder that when economies go down, deaths of this sort unfortunately go up. A similar thing happened during the Great Depression in America in the 1920s. The sociologist Emil Durkheim wrote extensively about the four main motivations for suicide, of which this one would be classed as anomic. The others are altruistic, egotistic, and fatalistic.