Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

19 minutes ago, Milo said:

Is there a logistical reason why supermarkets can't offer 24 hour deliveries?

There are obviously no delivery slots available for weeks, and they have asked that shoppers come into the store...surely that's the opposite of what people should be doing?   

Not a bad idea this. I'd happily take a 3am delivery slot currently.

I did the big shop on Saturday and although most people were very respectful of the social distancing, my anxiety levels were through the roof (I'm normally pretty laid back), and from the looks on many other shoppers' faces, it was the same for them too. And there was the odd elderly person in store, including one old woman who had clearly been taken in by her son.

Edited by ALC Fox

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I feel like I’ve contracted this. On and off fever, very sore throat, loss of appetite and I’ve got diarrhoea every time something touches my lips. Been like this for four days. For now I’m away from the kids and wife in the back room with my laptop, iPad and phone. 

im hoping it will go away over the next couple of days.

Hope you feel better soon

• Like 1

Guest MattP
49 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Like blaming the person in charge? Or shirk responsibility and redirect anger elsewhere?

• Don't go out and get it. What did Boris first suggest? Go out and get it.
  • Don't shake hands. What did Boris say? He shakes hands happily.
  • Don't go to social places. What did Boris's dad say? He'd happily go to the pub.

Who have people followed?

I have a friend at risk of death and if she goes into intensive care she may die.

You can schoolboy grin and post voting intentions all you want mate.

Some of the blatant lies flying around now about Boris are verging on ridiculous.

He never at any point told us to go out and get it.

27 minutes ago, Milo said:

Is there a logistical reason why supermarkets can't offer 24 hour deliveries?

Aside from some 66.5 million people and the 1.2 million households...possibly not. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

No matter how much older we all become, a level of petulance will always remain.

I think of that hypocrisy and immaturity as a sort of flailing of arms that you'd see from an 8 year old.

Replace not being allowed to go to that sleepover with not knowing how to react to the clusterfvck that is the right and its growing popularity.

Post-factualism is impossible to argue against, and so it's hard not to feel powerless to what's going on, and difficult to maintain a dignified and measured response. What you end up with is an angry response.

While it may not be the time for point scoring now, we must make a concerted effort to highlight the brutal marginalisation of our health service that this government has enforced, when this is all over.

Perhaps people will begin to realise that their actions will have led to actual deaths of actual people. That's a very tangible thing, which can very well be opposed and argued against. Perhaps then we may start to turn the tide.

For now, let's just get through this grim time.

If you get the chance, have a read through this article. It documents, since the end of January, how those on the left were urging people to ignore their concerns over catching the coronavirus, actively encouraging them to go about their lives and urging them to support businesses in Chinatown, which were struggling for obvious reasons. This has led to the virus spreading and becoming much worse than it should have been. It then shows how the same people - democratic councilmen, mayor and commissioners completely altered their stance on the virus and are now blaming Trump, even though it was they who lulled people into a false sense of security first.

That's my problem with what the left has become. And I find it worse coming from them because they are supposed to be the "human" ones if you get me?! Yet they've become dangerously disingenuous.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/the-timeline-of-how-bill-de-blasio-prepared-new-york-city-for-the-coronavirus/

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Some of the blatant lies flying around now about Boris are verging on ridiculous.

He never at any point told us to go out and get it.

It’s funny how it’s often the same people who were complaining about sharing misinformation in the brexit aftermath. Hypocrites.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Aside from some 66.5 million people and the 1.2 million households...possibly not. 

I don’t think he/she is suggesting that supermarkets should or could provide home deliveries to every single household. They’re merely asking the question if they can extend their working hours to provide more households with a grocery delivery service. It won’t solve the problem, but it would alleviate the problem for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, Strokes said:

I think your and others criticism just meets some resistance because it’s literally everything he does or doesn’t do.

I don’t think he gets everything right, I didn’t even want him as leader but he takes a lot of credit from me and he has dealt with many things far better than I would have expected.

Funnily enough there's some things I think he has done alright. Not quite as often as he's got things wrong though but it's not all been an embarrassment. Especially some well publicised misjudgements in the coronavirus concerns. 

Let's face it. It's not just because it's Boris (although he does make it easy). ANY politician in this scenario, be it Labour or Tory in charge, would get scrutiny from all corners. Imagine if Corbyn was fronting this all. I imagine the staunch Tories amongst us would be happily chastising his every move :dunno:

1 minute ago, stix said:

I don’t think he/she is suggesting that supermarkets should or could provide home deliveries to every single household. They’re merely asking the question if they can extend their working hours to provide more households with a grocery delivery service. It won’t solve the problem, but it would alleviate the problem for sure. 

I know - it was a bit of light humour. 

Really, household deliveries are the last thing that a strained supermarket service/supply chain needs right now. 

It would be ideal for those over 70 years old only. 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Funnily enough there's some things I think he has done alright. Not quite as often as he's got things wrong though but it's not all been an embarrassment. Especially some well publicised misjudgements in the coronavirus concerns. 

Let's face it. It's not just because it's Boris (although he does make it easy). ANY politician in this scenario, be it Labour or Tory in charge, would get scrutiny from all corners. Imagine if Corbyn was fronting this all. I imagine the staunch Tories amongst us would be happily chastising his every move :dunno:

I’m sure they would, and like us plenty of staunch labour would be defending him regardless. 

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I know - it was a bit of light humour. 

Really, household deliveries are the last thing that a strained supermarket service/supply chain needs right now. 

It would be ideal for those over 70 years old only. 

Really, household deliveries are the first thing that a strained supermarket service should be thinking about right now. The more home deliveries, the less people in the shop. Especially those elderly and vulnerable that unfortunately don’t have a choice but to go out to the shops. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stix said:

I go by ‘them’ these days  👍

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Like blaming the person in charge? Or shirk responsibility and redirect anger elsewhere?

• Don't go out and get it. What did Boris first suggest? Go out and get it.
  • Don't shake hands. What did Boris say? He shakes hands happily.
  • Don't go to social places. What did Boris's dad say? He'd happily go to the pub.

Who have people followed?

I have a friend at risk of death and if she goes into intensive care she may die.

You can schoolboy grin and post voting intentions all you want mate.

Maybe Up the League Fox was wrong to post voting stuff but pleeeeese let’s not keep bringing Boris into this !! ....  I get the finger pointing at China who held back on passing information to the rest of the world ...   or at Charlie Chan (name changed to maintain his anonymity) who decided to have a pangolin for supper ....  but Boris ! ..  who is trying his best and basically following the advice of the experts !! ...  give it a rest !   He’s only just stopped being attacked cus we had floods ! ...   that was his fault too !   I despair !

I sincerely hope your friend makes a speedy and full recovery from this heartbreaking illness that clogs your lungs till you die ...   unlike my friend who has already succumbed to it ...   and let’s all stay united and pitch in together to get through it.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

If you get the chance, have a read through this article. It documents, since the end of January, how those on the left were urging people to ignore their concerns over catching the coronavirus, actively encouraging them to go about their lives and urging them to support businesses in Chinatown, which were struggling for obvious reasons. This has led to the virus spreading and becoming much worse than it should have been. It then shows how the same people - democratic councilmen, mayor and commissioners completely altered their stance on the virus and are now blaming Trump, even though it was they who lulled people into a false sense of security first.

That's my problem with what the left has become. And I find it worse coming from them because they are supposed to be the "human" ones if you get me?! Yet they've become dangerously disingenuous.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/the-timeline-of-how-bill-de-blasio-prepared-new-york-city-for-the-coronavirus/

Desperate point scoring, I guess. It has been difficult to score points, difficult to argue against nonsense for so long. 

I'm not condoning it but I can understand why it's happened.

For the record I was also wrong on this. Thought it was just another example of the media scaremongering. 

Difficult to sort the truth from the crap at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

In this country, most of the evidence is that this has spread from n Italy. Prior to that, the chap who caught in in Singapore and infected half a ski resort in France was isolated pretty quickly.  I really haven’t seen anything regarding Chinatown contacts being responsible 

I wonder if New York is also down to n Italy rather than their Chinese origin population.  

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I sincerely hope your friend makes a speedy and full recovery from this heartbreaking illness that clogs your lungs till you die ...   unlike my friend who has already succumbed to it ...   and let’s all stay united and pitch in together to get through it.   

Er ..... thanks for that !

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

And in what way are they comparable? How is it possible to redress this? It's not, so stop comparing them. Do our nurses deserve pay rises? Almost certainly. Is that the Kardashians fault, or the government? Unless Kim has started going to cabinet meeting without my knowledge I think we know who's responsible for the low pay nurses get.

By the way, I hate reality tv and everything that family stand for, but it's a ridiculous comparison, as it is when people compare nurses wages to footballers.

Most nurses I know can’t even do three keepy ups 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, stix said:

Really, household deliveries are the first thing that a strained supermarket service should be thinking about right now. The more home deliveries, the less people in the shop. Especially those elderly and vulnerable that unfortunately don’t have a choice but to go out to the shops. 

Solely the elderly and vulnerable. They simply do not have the capacity, the logistics. the fleet or the manpower to offer a comprehensive home delivery service to the nation...which returns to my original point.