Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

20 minutes ago, brucey said:

In theory the fall in new cases should be 1-2 weeks earlier than the fall in deaths... Italy are now seeing the effects of their social distancing with a rapid fall in new cases, but their deaths have been pretty constant for about a week now

This is really good news, especially if it continues for the next few days. For all other countries with similar strategies it demonstrates that even in the worst affected country things can turn round.

• Lowest number of new cases in the last 13 days (since March 17)
  • Highest number of new recoveries (1,590) since the beginning of the epidemic

22 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Wish when journalists are allowed to ask questions in these press conferences they just asked one question (two at most). Some of them ask so many questions in one go and ramble on; by the time they've finished you've forget what the original question was.

Plus: when they ask multiple questions it gives the person answering a good chance of not focusing on the most important question.

These press conferences are just a propaganda exercise. The questioners are hand picked and with no chance of a follow up question so there is no point to them.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, l444ry said:

These press conferences are just a propaganda exercise. The questioners are hand picked and with no chance of a follow up question so there is no point to them.  

Righto mate, how many UFO’s did you spot last night?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think this was just a cover story. C'mon, could any of us convince our other half to get shut in the boot?

Have the police considered he forced her into the boot then was going to drive to the edge if a cliff and then push the car over. The ebay/window thing was just a cover story incase he was pulled over, and it has worked. Traffic violation instead of attempted murder.

Well player sir.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Someone just posted a paper leaflet through the door saying they can help with shopping and other stuff for all this person no's they could have the virus without knowing and is passing it through everyone's door shouldn't be allowed really 

It's all a bit Birdbox at the moment isn't it.

*Knock on the door*

"Don't let them in LOOK AT THEIR EYES"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Actually, after shopping in Shelly Tesco’s today and being held up by dawdling tossers deciding what cheese they’d prefer, perhaps a police baton charge would be in order. 

I had the same in M&S a couple parked their trolley in front of the pie section and took an age, dithering about deciding what to buy whilst I stood a safe distance away waiting patiently before resorting to tutting, sighing and rolling my eyes.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It's good news when any number drops, but I kind of feel the death figure doesn't tell a proper story. We want the new cases figure to drop. 

Agree...

Plus Chasing these sort of statistics over 1-3 day periods,or even over 7 Days is for me totally irrelevant

We are at the start to Middle Stage of put own CV symptoms & Knowledge ,so we will see in these Coming days, so many twists and turns,in any percieved negative and positive statistical turns in any short term graph.!!

I would prefer at this stage,with high priority und pushed by the Media Outlets to see if can we engage,encourage & organise various Work-platforms and groups..

I believe we have already reached that period,where the society from withinitself,has to start helping each other.

Guest Markyblue
13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is it true the reports of Boris fully recovering? 

If so, how's he done that after being diagnosed only 3 days ago ?

Not seen that,  but symptoms apparently  vary from nothing to mild etc up to death. Still seeing reports of 30% plus having no symptoms at all.

14 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

How come Prince Charles has come out of isolation after 7 days yet I’m told 14 days since my first symptoms?

Nope - 7 days after your first symptoms unless you are still exhibiting symptoms. In that case it’s best to hang on for fourteen days if you can or until you symptoms are gone . Members of your household should be 14 days after you first show symptoms unless they show symptoms in which case the seven day rules applies to them too. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Nope - 7 days after your first symptoms unless you are still exhibiting symptoms. In that case it’s best to hang on for fourteen days if you can or until you symptoms are gone . Members of your household should be 14 days after you first show symptoms unless they show symptoms in which case the seven day rules applies to them too. 

Oh that’s good to know. Not that I can go anywhere anyway, but my last symptoms (excluding the complete lack of smell I still have) were 3 days ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I had the same in M&S a couple parked their trolley in front of the pie section and took an age, dithering about deciding what to buy whilst I stood a safe distance away waiting patiently before resorting to tutting, sighing and rolling my eyes.

That’s when you need to use the old polite cough

• Haha 2