Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

19 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Wonder if there will be a noticeable effect from Anfield and Cheltenham? 

11th March, then an incubation period of 7 days or so before symptom onset.. judging by this chart we'd expect related hospitalisations to have already happened, but with related deaths yet to come. The newest numbers seem to have plateaued somewhat. 

EUUpTOJXgAA9JnH.jpeg

7 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

No not if they stick them somewhere 

administering the holding of such a huge number of people is currently impossible, especially as the vast majority won’t have the virus. 

returning travellers can go back home ...... I don’t see the risk ...... 

Guest Harrydc

Left the house for the first time in about a week today for a quite stroll. Got some dirty looks of people people walking dogs etc. Why don't they just mind their own business 

24 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Left the house for the first time in about a week today for a quite stroll. Got some dirty looks of people people walking dogs etc. Why don't they just mind their own business 

I managed just short of 5 miles today, out though rearsby, down to thrussington, country road back to ratcliffe on the wreake and back down broom lane into goscote, passed about 4 people, very few dog walkers, have to say noticed far more cars on the road than than last weekend when we went for a walk.

But everyone I did pass were all very civil, think everyone knows we are all going through the same thing.

I only wanted a short stroll to clear my head, get some fresh air and get our from the 4 walls. But kept going.

Last week was definitely easier with the weather meaning it was much easier to sit in the garden to get some outdoor time.

Edited by Bayfox

Guest Harrydc

So, I've fully shaved my head since I won't be going to the barbers anytime soon.. Anyone else done the same? 

lol

37 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Thoughts on this ? Anyone with a medical background ? .Sounds really a promising treatment. 

wow, that really is pretty significant. Sounds like a lot of distrust about his claims though. 

Edited by rachhere
  • Like 1

Guest Harrydc
18 minutes ago, Messi said:

BDFAD86F-02A1-4420-9BC9-669F42E77A0D.jpeg

Don't think I've ever seen something so funny before. Can you teach me? 

Hungary just went full dictatorship. Bulgaria fining people 4 months wages for walking in the park and using drones to watch over Gypsy communities for 'illegal movements'. I wonder for how many other countries this will be a Reichstag Fire. 

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

To be fair, although there’s not many out and about at the minute, you probably should have put pants on.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, los dedos said:

Thoughts on this ? Anyone with a medical background ? .Sounds really a promising treatment. 

Still an unproven treatment, proper trials still ongoing. Zinc I think has been shown to be useful. The combination of the other two is known to have a nasty potential side effect of sudden cardiac death. Bit of a risk for something not definitively proven to work yet.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Sounds promising, until trump tries to pronounce it!

Trump already did. Well, he typed it last week, on Twitter, saying he had a good feeling about it. Leading to a couple eating fish tank cleaner, which contains one of the ingredients (chloroquine). Both ended up ICU, one died, and the surviving lady went on TV telling everybody she shouldn’t have trusted Trump.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2020 at 18:54, brucey said:

Face mask prices (Particularly the ones that give adequate protection - FFP2/3) going mad on ebay. Now at x3 normal prices for a box of 10, and x5 normal prices for a single mask. Imagine what it’ll be like once it actually starts to spread in the UK. Worrying

One month later, this now stands at approx 25x normal prices for one FFP3 mask. :(

No doubt mostly bought up by healthcare workers unable to source PPE from their workplace. Looked at buying extra hospital scrubs yesterday but even those are now double the price and with a lead time of a few weeks because everyone’s doing the same. At least hand gel is readily available in hospitals now...

21 minutes ago, brucey said:

Still an unproven treatment, proper trials still ongoing. Zinc I think has been shown to be useful. The combination of the other two is known to have a nasty potential side effect of sudden cardiac death. Bit of a risk for something not definitively proven to work yet.

I could understand trying this it the patient was in a very bad way, however if it’s being tested on patients who aren’t critical, it seems a bit of an unnecessary risk. Probably should read the article but it’s 1:40am and I’ve got a headaches