Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just now, StanSP said:

Not worth it then mate. If they don't want to diversify they'll never grow. Their loss! :whistle:

It’s bizarre how tribal people get over regional definitions. I love a good Facebook wind up on shit like that.

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's one way of putting it. 

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It's as valid as the other partisan view imo, only with added benefit of not constantly criticising people who are doing their best to manage an incredibly difficult situation.

It's an interesting discussion, for sure - should one have sympathy for those who have difficult decisions to make while having power, when the vast majority of the time they chose to take on that power in the first place?

I mean, I truly doubt that most people who have power are actively malicious and most of them are, indeed, looking to do their best for the people who put them there (if you live in a democracy)...but two reasonably simple truths are that power often corrupts and when an outcome is overwhelmingly negative, there often isn't much of a difference whether it was caused by incompetence or malice.

Speaking personally, I can see why folks would criticise, but at the same time the only valid judgement of leadership when all of this is over is the count in bodies and suffering so I think whoever leads should at least perhaps be given the benefit of the doubt until then.

Edit: The above with a caveat excepting blatantly idiotic or malicious decisions - like Trump withholding resources from states that didn't vote for him.

Edited by leicsmac

Guest Markyblue

As someone who thinks the government is doing ok even i would say its going to be the advisors were wrong if the shit hits the fan and didn't we do well if everything works out pretty well,  is that not any politicians way.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I'll have a bacon roll and some ketchup please. 

How Dare you..!!!   Ask for a Bloody roll...Leic'shire is cob country....

Bloody plastic..:ill:

Ps....and Brown sauce..!!!   :P

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Let’s check back on those polls once they run out of body Bags 

today the NHS announced they are rationing ventilators 

that means as a country we are deciding people who might survive are not to be helped ! 

well done Boris and Cummings your doing a great job at killing folks 

And this is the reason why 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just talked to a customer at work, her friend, a taxi driver, committed suicide yesterday due to the current situation. 

I'm not sure how many of these types of conversations I can have before it breaks me

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Just talked to a customer at work, her friend, a taxi driver, committed suicide yesterday due to the current situation. 

I'm not sure how many of these types of conversations I can have before it breaks me

Jeez, that’s truly awful. 

Not sure if this is the correct thread, wife is Self employed and has had to stop working since the measurs the PM put in place last week. I have looked into anything she can claim from the govt before start of June (on what Rishi announced last week) - cant claim universal credit because its means tested and my income is too high but looks like she can claim something called ESA? £72 a week, is not great but its better than a smack in the face.

My problem being is how do you actually apply for it? Ive registered for her on universal credit as I assume thats the avenue you have to go down, but massive waiting times on getting her digitally verified. Neither of us have claimed anything in our lives so not used to the system. This ESA benefit isnt means tested so by the looks of it could be fine. Can anyone help? Alos posting this in the questions thread.  Thanks 

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

The suicide of the German Finance Minister is a stark reminder that when economies go down, deaths of this sort unfortunately go up. A similar thing happened during the Great Depression in America in the 1920s. The sociologist Emil Durkheim wrote extensively about the four main motivations for suicide, of which this one would be classed as anomic. The others are altruistic, egotistic, and fatalistic.

I read when the EU forced Greece into Austerity the suicide rate tripled, its a shame people can't see a different way.

5 hours ago, stix said:

You may live really close to me. I live in some flats that overlook the canal in South Wigston, ive seen more people in the last 7 days either walking along the canal, or walking along the footpath outside where I live than I EVER have at this time of the year over the 8 years I’ve been here!!!

Yes I can see the flats from my garden as I look towards the canal. The cul-de-sac near me looked like a car park at the weekend :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Where does the 1 hour max come from? I haven;t seen it anywhere official?

I think originally an hour was suggested, but now they are just saying minimise your time outside.

just been chatting to someone on my street as she walked past with her dog (at a safe distance of course!), She said her parents who also live on the street are both showing symptoms but are refusing to isolate totally as they enjoy their daily walk to Tesco!