Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Guest MattP
17 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

It is pretty brazen to say he told us to go out and catch it, but he went onto National TV and said “There’s a theory we should go out and take it on the chin”. It’s been taken out of context by critics to an extent, but plenty of folks likely saw that or heard of it and thought it was well and fine to go on, get it and soldier through. Combined with his own father going onto TV and saying we should all be going to the pub if you fancy it.

If the Prime Minister can't go onto TV and talk about theories regarding a pandemic without idiots then deciding in their own head that means he's telling us to get it I don't really know what to say.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

If the Prime Minister can't go onto TV and talk about theories regarding a pandemic without idiots then deciding in their own head that means he's telling us to get it I don't really know what to say.

No words needed.:nigel:

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Voting intentions a few months into a landslide govt term is pretty odd

general voter opinion on whether the govt are doing a good job is not 

Isn't it pretty much the same thing though, people either think the Govt are doing a good job or not?

If the Govt ratings dropped it would be seen as the country are not happy with them.

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

So you’re criticising him for talking about a theory he disagreed with, for a theory that never existed and something his dad said.

Sounds about right.

If we wanted to talk about idiotic family members take a look at this lunatic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8117325/amp/Jeremy-Corbyns-brother-Piers-claims-Bill-Gates-George-Soros-coronavirus.html

Imagine being that barmy it makes Jeremy the normal one in the family.

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

So you’re criticising him for talking about a theory he disagreed with, for a theory that never existed and something his dad said.

Sounds about right.

Why on Earth would you talk on length on National TV about a theory you disagree with? That’s Dianne Abbott-level stupidity.

In the This Morning interview he definitely doesn’t denigrate the theory. He just moves on to the next point.

Again, if herd immunity wasn’t a theory that ever existed, why is it being explained, in detail, how it would work?

And yes, his dad going on telly and completely going against his son’s, the Prime Minister, advice makes it look ridiculous. 

Again, either they did see credit in these theories or it’s miscommunication bordering on negligence. 

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Well what IS the point in discussing these theories in public eye if you don’t see any credibility in them? It offers nothing but to confuse the layman on the topic. If you were to have tuned in or half paying attention then and saw Boris discussing taking it on the chin then you’re gonna assume it’s the government’s policy. 

In the midst of a pandemic you should be clear and concise. This is the government’s position and this is the advice. If you haven’t developed a plan yet tell people to socially distance where possible and wash their hands, instead he was blabbing about soldiering on through it. It’s piss poor communication from the PM when communication is key.

33 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Solely the elderly and vulnerable. They simply do not have the capacity, the logistics. the fleet or the manpower to offer a comprehensive home delivery service to the nation...which returns to my original point. 

It doesn’t need to be comprehensive! It’s purely and simply adding to a current service. There have been thousands undeservedly and unnecessarily made redundant already throughout this crisis, and tens of thousands of jobs made available directly in that sector. It can only be a positive thing. They do have the capacity, and the logistics can easily be met, as long as there are people willing to do it, which there definitely is. 

The only downside to this is if the supply isn’t there. 

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Isn't it pretty much the same thing though, people either think the Govt are doing a good job or not?

If the Govt ratings dropped it would be seen as the country are not happy with them.

In a national emergency that’s not necessarily true though is it? 

Any tips for managing the supermarket? I haven't been for a few weeks as we have been self-isolating, but last time we were in Aldi with the impatient people and the empty shelves I hated it. I find big supermarkets stressful at the best of times and always do online shopping, which obviously isn't an option at the moment... Not sure why it's bothering me so much - I can fly half way round the world on my own and be fine, but this is I am dreading! 

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Any tips for managing the supermarket? I haven't been for a few weeks as we have been self-isolating, but last time we were in Aldi with the impatient people and the empty shelves I hated it. I find big supermarkets stressful at the best of times and always do online shopping, which obviously isn't an option at the moment... Not sure why it's bothering me so much - I can fly half way round the world on my own and be fine, but this is I am dreading! 

Things have calmed down a heck of a lot in the supermarket and its far better and easier to shop than pretty much any time I can remember. I work for Aldi and can advise the best time to go is around 9-10am after the initial 'rush'....if you can call it that! We have pretty much everything back in stock now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, MattP said:

If they were all genuinely so worried about what he said and the fact it might misinform the public. Why were they so quick to edit the clip and share it round knowing the damage THAT would definitely cause?

• Like 2

Guest MattP
Just now, Strokes said:

If they were all genuinely so worried about what he said and the fact it might misinform the public. Why were they so quick to edit the clip and share it round knowing the damage THAT would definitely cause?

Very good point.

Sadly we have a very small minority of people in this country who have been getting rather excited about this as it gives then an opportunity to knock Boris and the government, quite sadistic and very strange.

Just now, MattP said:

Very good point.

Sadly we have a very small minority of people in this country who have been getting rather excited about this as it gives then an opportunity to knock Boris and the government, quite sadistic and very strange.

Desperate for a government of national unity, I wonder why?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

These posts did not age well. 

Why ? It was totally controllably but we have an idiot running the country , we needed a total and full lockdown in February once it hit ! 

I was saying that in January and even now with hundreds dying every day Boris the fool still half plays with what’s needed 

I think I was 100% right and japan/South Korea/ Singapore even China have shown it is controllable ... If you have good leadership 

herd immunity should have Seen Boris removed from power straight away 

once again not very bright post by one of our least interesting contributors 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Why ? It was totally controllably but we have an idiot running the country , we needed a total and full lockdown in February once it hit ! 

I was saying that in January and even now with hundreds dying every day Boris the fool still half plays with what’s needed 

I think I was 100% right and japan/South Korea/ Singapore even China have shown it is controllable ... If you have good leadership 

So kind of you to say :wub:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Things have calmed down a heck of a lot in the supermarket and its far better and easier to shop than pretty much any time I can remember. I work for Aldi and can advise the best time to go is around 9-10am after the initial 'rush'....if you can call it that! We have pretty much everything back in stock now.

All Leicester Aldi’s to be rammed tomorrow morning between 9-10am now then. 

As I posted last night I went to Asda about 7ish and while some shelves looked like Cold War Russia still most were stocked. Quiet too which made a change.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Weren't you in Vegas towards the end of Feb for the Fury fight or have I got you confused?

It's a bit rich to say you were demanding lockdown in January and then jumping on transatlantic flights a month later.