Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

I was slightly inebriated when I posted that :D

People are allowed out for food and essentials. She invited me over for dinner and I brought the essentials...beer!

Not sure they can lock me up for that :fc:

Over here they have locked down certain stores. Somehow "the beer store" which sells only beer was classified as an essential service. The same for the LCBO which sells wine, whiskey, beer etc  . I get it but what a bloody joke, talk about messed up priorities . Why is okay for them to stay open and jeopardize their employees health and safety. I do drink but not to the point where that would kill me if they shut down.  If you go by the logic people need it to take the edge off, then make sure strip clubs and massage parlours stay open.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52087113

Sounds like he had to be browbeaten into this decision, but hopefully it will reduce the amount of casualties.

NB. Oh, and @Kendal Fox, the "left" in the US are blaming Trump for the response here because he is supposed to be the one in charge - or so he says, anyway. Nothing more. Oh, and distributing vital resources based on political whims rather than where actually needs it, too.

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Over here they have locked down certain stores. Somehow "the beer store" which sells only beer was classified as an essential service. The same for the LCBO which sells wine, whiskey, beer etc  . I get it but what a bloody joke, talk about messed up priorities . Why is okay for them to stay open and jeopardize their employees health and safety. I do drink but not to the point where that would kill me if they shut down.  If you go by the logic people need it to take the edge off, then make sure strip clubs and massage parlours stay open.

You don't expect us drunks to be sober in a situation like this do you?  :beer:

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Bloody hell, where are they? I'm still going into the office near coalville a couple of days a week (we've split the staffs office days up) front fancying getting pulled over.

There was a police car waiting on the roundabout on the A6 (where you can turn off for Quorn or Shelthorpe), another one who'd just pulled someone over in the lay-by as you head towards Quorn, and on the way back into Loughborough two police cars (may be same ones) had pulled over another car just after the speed camera on Loughborough Road as you head in to Loughborough. This was about 8pm last night. Don't know if it's always like this, I suppose on a Sunday night now there's not much reason for anyone to be out

5 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

There was a police car waiting on the roundabout on the A6 (where you can turn off for Quorn or Shelthorpe), another one who'd just pulled someone over in the lay-by as you head towards Quorn, and on the way back into Loughborough two police cars (may be same ones) had pulled over another car just after the speed camera on Loughborough Road as you head in to Loughborough. This was about 8pm last night. Don't know if it's always like this, I suppose on a Sunday night now there's not much reason for anyone to be out

Roundabout where old A6 from loughborough meets bypass fromEpinal way  and A6 into Quorn?

Plod sit here all the time, when my mum was at school they lived in the farm house down that road, she hated the walk in the dark.

10 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yet all the current polls have the Cons with a higher approval rating than previously.

Let’s check back on those polls once they run out of body Bags 

today the NHS announced they are rationing ventilators 

that means as a country we are deciding people who might survive are not to be helped ! 

well done Boris and Cummings your doing a great job at killing folks 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Aldi has been the best of the bunch for us through all of this.

Are you doing the Vulnerable hour at any point? Got 3 elderly relatives and the wife has 1 on her side plus her mum that are all struggling health wise. Why we can't take them to do there shop it would be good to know so we can nip in just after it finishes and try get them, soup, bread etc.

Thanks! It's been hell going through the panic-buyers frenzy but we've come out the other side and now have more stock than most competitors due to restrictions put in place. Can't fault the company for that at all. 

We currently only have a half hour from 9.30-10am on a Sunday morning for emergency workers (NHS, Police, Fire etc) to get their shopping but with how the stores are at the moment you're pretty much fine anytime as far as I'm aware. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, promised land said:

Roundabout where old A6 from loughborough meets bypass fromEpinal way  and A6 into Quorn?

Plod sit here all the time, when my mum was at school they lived in the farm house down that road, she hated the walk in the dark.

Yeah but there was another one in the lay-by off the roundabout towards Quorn which had just pulled someone over, and I'd seen two police cars pull someone else over. They were definitely spot checking

9 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I live right next to the canal, and while we've definitely seen more families walking by than usual, probably because they'd normally be at work or out and about further afield, we've also had people drive here, park up and go for a walk. That's never happened in the 7 years I've lived here. It's a no through road housing estate in Wigston, so there's definitely no other reason for them to be here lol

You may live really close to me. I live in some flats that overlook the canal in South Wigston, ive seen more people in the last 7 days either walking along the canal, or walking along the footpath outside where I live than I EVER have at this time of the year over the 8 years I’ve been here!!!

9 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I live right next to the canal, and while we've definitely seen more families walking by than usual, probably because they'd normally be at work or out and about further afield, we've also had people drive here, park up and go for a walk. That's never happened in the 7 years I've lived here. It's a no through road housing estate in Wigston, so there's definitely no other reason for them to be here lol

3 minutes ago, stix said:

You may live really close to me. I live in some flats that overlook the canal in South Wigston, ive seen more people in the last 7 days either walking along the canal, or walking along the footpath outside where I live than I EVER have at this time of the year over the 8 years I’ve been here!!!

image.jpeg.00627721ff920f79b547b528a0096584.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, stix said:

You will do, people are allowed one walk a day with live in family and they are using common sense surely to pick an area that is normally deserted. 

11 hours ago, MattP said:

If the Prime Minister can't go onto TV and talk about theories regarding a pandemic without idiots then deciding in their own head that means he's telling us to get it I don't really know what to say.

It is a shame that just for once you can't see beyond your tory blue spectacles. It is beholden upon any leader at this time to be clear and concise and to leave no grounds for idiots, as you say, interpreting what he may or may not have said. He clearly said that about take it on the chin. Did he then say however, that is not gvoernment policy and our advisors think that is a bad course to follow? No he didn't. Almost certainly because at that time it was a considered route to follow.

When his father said he would still be going to the pub, Boris was directly asked about that in the press conference. Did he come out and condemn it as a reckless act and completely against the governement's advice? No he didn't. In fact I seem to recall he tried to make some kind of joke about it.

This governement's strategy may prove to be good, only when the final body count can be taken can we tell and I wish them every good luck in what they do. However, some of the communication, especially from the Prime Minister, has been, up unil last Monday, confusing at best.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

You will do, people are allowed one walk a day with live in family and they are using common sense surely to pick an area that is normally deserted. 

Canal and river trust have advised people not to use the towpath to exercise due to it not being wide enough to stay 2m apart in places, also they have asked people not to use the towpath where there are moored boats.

We live on a boat on the towpath and I may as well live in the centre of Tesco with the amount of people walking past.

Hundreds of them every day, busier than it has ever been.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

No thanks. You keep your germs away from me as much as you possibly can please. You want to go for a walk, walk out of your front door and walk round the block a few times. Don’t be getting in your car and driving round to mine to do it. 

• Like 2

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m amazed by the number of new runners that I’m seeing. When I restarted running in Jan,

I was lucky to see one. 

Now I’m seeing 5 or 6! 

I have been out running during this lockdown when I wouldn't have before because normally I would do my cardio at the gym but obviously I can't now. I think that will be the majority of the new runners. I have found that i actually prefer running outside than on a treadmill now, I'm hoping to keep that going after this is over. 

Edited by seanfox778

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m amazed by the number of new runners that I’m seeing. When I restarted running in Jan,

I was lucky to see one. 

Now I’m seeing 5 or 6! 

Why are you amazed? I don't get this. I usually play 5 a side twice a week but that's out the window for months. So running is the only real exercise I can do.

I also have much more time on my hands than normal and am couped in the house all day. Finally I am faced with a virus which has been proven to hit overweight and unfit people harder and be more dangerous to them.

I am amazed there isn't more people out running myself. I mean why wouldn't you?

• Like 2