Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

On 18/04/2020 at 09:31, whoareyaaa said:

Bill gates Foundation funded it and he is now the main backer for WHO since US pulled out but he's got **** all to do with it, yea right.

I find it very interesting that none of the obstacles and problems presented in Event 201 have prepared anyone, despite it playing out EXACTLY the same way in real-life, 6 months after it was staged.

Like, what was the point in him spending all that money on it??!!

It's as infuriating as it is creepy.

Edited by Kendal Fox

47 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If the person responsible for the pandemic plan hadn’t accounted for the fact it might come from China... nonsense.

Experts have been saying for years that there was huge pandemic potential from China. We had already had a warning with SARS. It would be like an Ebola-like disease hitting hard in a few years’ time and, in excusing the poor preparations, someone saying “maybe they didn’t think this thing would come from Africa”.

Perhaps the failing is reliance on one country for vital equipment to tackle a pandemic?

I wouldn’t dare suggest that sending that equipment was out of mistaken belief we wouldn’t need it and less humanitarian and more economically motivated. Not at all... :whistle:

Nope - I mean the persons responsible may not have realised that a Chinese pandemic would lead the country to be shut down completely for six weeks which would starve the worlds PPE supply chain. And yes, you’re right about one country being responsible for the vast majority of PPE. But China makes 40% of the worlds textile fabric and on cheaper qualities, I imagine it could be nearer 70%.  so even if the product was made elsewhere, the raw material is highly likely to be Chinese.  

I just don’t see this changing in the future. Govts will pay lip service but cost will dictate - especially with the vast debts that everyone will have taken on

73-year-old diagnosed with coronavirus sends warning to others

Eric Baker, from Quorn, was diagnosed with coronavirus during a routine appointment at Leicester's General Hospital - despite displaying no symptoms and abiding by lockdown rules.

Makes you wonder how many ways you can come into contact even when you're following the lockdown closely.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

73-year-old diagnosed with coronavirus sends warning to others

Eric Baker, from Quorn, was diagnosed with coronavirus during a routine appointment at Leicester's General Hospital - despite displaying no symptoms and abiding by lockdown rules.

Makes you wonder how many ways you can come into contact even when you're following the lockdown closely.

Not saying he doesn't have it but the testing is apparently for genetic material and something called an exosome which can be produced by anxiety and stress as much as a variety of diseases, not just Covid 19. So people can literally test positive out of fear as much as the actual virus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Not saying he doesn't have it but the testing is apparently for genetic material and something called an exosome which can be produced by anxiety and stress as much as a variety of diseases, not just Covid 19. So people can literally test positive out of fear as much as the actual virus.

Sounds like a soiled underpants analysis would be about as reliable 

6 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I'd probably test positive then.

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Sounds like a soiled underpants analysis would be about as reliable 

Apparently it's a re-working of a test that was developed in the 1980s but it was not supposed to be used as a diagnostic. That goes some way to explaining the lack of accuracy.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Daily Mail..

Whenever I open a new Google homepage tab, I get news etc recommendations, and this came up.

This is obviously a very dynamic story lol Just checked and it now shows

E29D59E2-4705-4070-9229-FC0F0CE55ED2.jpeg.9fbec3ddafe72633860edfd6949e0886.jpeg

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I doubt this is correct to be fair especially the ‘travel possible but discouraged’ bit in May.

Quite agree on that one.

More and more people seem to be about on foot and driving the longer this lockdown continues..

Edited by Wymsey

My wife was told a lovely story today in the supermarket queue by a pharmacist, who earlier in the week was enduring such a busy and stressful shift she fainted, only to be roused from her unconsciousness by the sound of a customer aggressively shouting at her colleague to wake her up so she could sign their prescription.

Hearing all these great stories of people pulling together is really helping me get through this

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

So we are using a test that doesn't actually test for the virus.

Anyone aware of any shops that have delivery slots or is it still backed up for weeks?

Having everyone at home the cupboards are emptying at an alarming rate! Sorted the kids dinner earlier then realised all we had left was a few tins of Alphabetti so I've had that on toast tonight!

:D

Edited by pds

18 minutes ago, pds said:

Anyone aware of any shops that have delivery slots or is it still backed up for weeks?

Having everyone at home the cupboards are emptying at an alarming rate! Sorted the kids dinner earlier then realised all we had left was a few tins of Alphabetti so I've had that on toast tonight!

:D

They are still booked up for weeks, but if you have an account with one of the supermarkets, sit on the website/app from at least 11pm and at some point around midnight you'll end up in a queue. Eventually you'll get through and all the slots for the a new day in three weeks are there and you can book one. 

• Like 1