Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They are still booked up for weeks, but if you have an account with one of the supermarkets, sit on the website/app from at least 11pm and at some point around midnight you'll end up in a queue. Eventually you'll get through and all the slots for the a new day in three weeks are there and you can book one. 

Cheers. Yeah got Tesco and Asda accounts. Will give it a go.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

73-year-old diagnosed with coronavirus sends warning to others

Eric Baker, from Quorn, was diagnosed with coronavirus during a routine appointment at Leicester's General Hospital - despite displaying no symptoms and abiding by lockdown rules.

Makes you wonder how many ways you can come into contact even when you're following the lockdown closely.

my sister in law works in a care home, got sent home and for a test at Edgbaston because she started getting a cough and had a high temperature, result came back yesterday and was negative, woman who works next to her in the same office, same thing and her result was positive. That says to me either the tests aren't reliable or some people are lucky

One more thing on the political side of things. I for one am as frustrated as anyone regarding BJ missing those 5 meetings however you simply cannot politically evaluate this situation until a lot further down the line. It's a little bit like judging the Iraq invasion on the day of the invasion. A lot happened later which changed the direction of subsequent public opinion and the same will happen here.

29 minutes ago, pds said:

Anyone aware of any shops that have delivery slots or is it still backed up for weeks?

Having everyone at home the cupboards are emptying at an alarming rate! Sorted the kids dinner earlier then realised all we had left was a few tins of Alphabetti so I've had that on toast tonight!

:D

I ordered an Amazon Fresh delivery and it was delivered next day...maybe worth looking in to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

my sister in law works in a care home, got sent home and for a test at Edgbaston because she started getting a cough and had a high temperature, result came back yesterday and was negative, woman who works next to her in the same office, same thing and her result was positive. That says to me either the tests aren't reliable or some people are lucky

I could be well off of the mark but maybe your sister-in-law carried it and suffered no symptoms previously? 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Apparent lockdown exit phases:

27374510-8233761-image-a-28_158728423441

It's just a plan put forward by a few ministers I think. It's unrealistic it will pass with fixed dates though. I expect the ideas in the phases are quite similar to how we'll open up in stages, but you can't be that exact about those dates.- they'll have to trail each phase for a while to see what effectt it will have/ It may never be safe enough to get to the green phase for example if the R number rises back above 1 on the amber phase.

• Thanks 1

Getting this One World Together at Home concert playing in virology labs.

If this doesn't give them an incentive to find a vaccine soon, nothing will!

On a side note, where we're The Vaccines and The Cure?

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You might find this article useful

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/19/scientists-raise-concerns-about-quality-of-uk-covid-19-tests

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Just been in the garden and there are dozens of lights like satellites in the sky, very high up all following the same arcing trajectory.  Never seen anythin like it.  It's the alien invasion.  I told you!

Elon musks starlink

Just now, murphy said:

They're still coming.  It's freaking me out.  Look out of your windows!

will do, I seen them the other day and no shit there was 3 stars in the sky behind these going past and 2 of the stars kind lit up and moved and were no longer stars lol wtf 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

will do, I seen them the other day and no shit there was 3 stars in the sky behind these going past and 2 of the stars kind lit up and moved and were no longer stars lol wtf 

This was a line of lights, all following the same path in the sky, high up and moving at speed but silent like satellites but there must have been 50 in the space of ten minutes one after another!  :o

I'm actually quite freaked out.  That was not normal.

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Just been in the garden and there are dozens of lights like satellites in the sky, very high up all following the same arcing trajectory.  Never seen anythin like it.  It's the alien invasion.  I told you!

thank you for encouraging me to look at the sky, its so clear and pretty and moreso than normal but i hadn't though to look up. happy that I did but didn't see the moving lights