Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City (3-2) - Vote Now

Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester City (3-2)

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.6

Total Average Rating

128 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Kelechi Iheanacho 6.8
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Kasper Schmeichel 4.5
  4. Manager Confidence 95% -1%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 28/01/20
Voting Ends: 01/02/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Çağlar Söyüncü
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Ben Chilwell
  5. Ricardo Pereira
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. Harvey Barnes
  9. Ayoze Pérez
  10. James Maddison
  11. Kelechi Iheanacho
  12. Jamie Vardy (sub)
  13. Demarai Gray (sub)

WOW!

I cannot believe how low players have been rated. I just watched us play some excellent football making chances galore, stopped by some great goalkeeping and a poor refereeing decision.

We basically played 2 at the back and nearly pulled it off. Yes Kasper had a poor game and Tielemans wasn't great but most of the others played well. Maddison was a threat everytime he got the ball and looked a class above everyone. Iheanacho looked fantastic, Barnes and Ricardo had some very good moments and Chilwell rushed back to cover so many times even though his mandate was to attack.

This is one of the best games we've played in years - except for the result. But that's Cup football , the league shows your true position, the Cup is the excitement of winning the game. Villa Played their part, the GK was amazing, Grealish was perhaps the second best player on the park after Maddison and their LB had a great game too. we were the better team, they won. 

Maybe we fans have become spoilt in such a short time.

58 minutes ago, FIF said:

WOW!

I cannot believe how low players have been rated. I just watched us play some excellent football making chances galore, stopped by some great goalkeeping and a poor refereeing decision.

We basically played 2 at the back and nearly pulled it off. Yes Kasper had a poor game and Tielemans wasn't great but most of the others played well. Maddison was a threat everytime he got the ball and looked a class above everyone. Iheanacho looked fantastic, Barnes and Ricardo had some very good moments and Chilwell rushed back to cover so many times even though his mandate was to attack.

This is one of the best games we've played in years - except for the result. But that's Cup football , the league shows your true position, the Cup is the excitement of winning the game. Villa Played their part, the GK was amazing, Grealish was perhaps the second best player on the park after Maddison and their LB had a great game too. we were the better team, they won. 

My phone won't let me highlight your last sentence but that's spot on. We're becoming the new Arsenal, we have so many self-entitled supporters. 

Kasper 6 Thought he could have done better for the first goal maybe 

Ricardo 5 We seemed exposed down his side all game and he was at fault for the winner. A certain Mr Simpson wouldn’t have let Trezeguet near that one 

Evans 7 Pick of the back 4 and unlucky not to score 

Soyuncu 7 Pulled all over the place at times by Grealish but still had a good game 

Chilwell 6 Did ok

Ndidi 6 Not his usual dominant performance but maybe he’s not fully fit

Tielemans 5 Faded badly again. Looks slow and laboured at times 

Maddison 8 Our MOTM. On another day he scores a couple and is on the winning side. I thought he was excellent again 

Barnes 6 When he runs at his full back there’s no stopping him. Just doesn’t do it often enough 

Perez 6 Anonymous at times but when we got him on the ball he showed some real quality. Oh and a pathetic play acting episode from him in the first half

Iheanacho 6 Gets an extra point for his goal but up until that point he was awful. No threat, easy to mark and the ball was bouncing off him 

Vardy made no impact and clearly isn’t fit. Not looked the same since Man City away. 

Gray useless for the winning goal. Should get a real telling off for not closing his man down 

Edited by Dickov22
  • Like 1

Kasper - 4 maybe a little harsh, had little to do in terms of shot stopping, for me he needs to be coming out for a high floating cross in the last minute. I have no evidence for this, but how many times do we see goals at the back post when Kasper is standing on or sometimes behind his line.

Ricardo - 5 No real impact going forward, exposed as 2-on-1 (not his fault) and was sleeping thinking the game was finished

Soyuncu - 6 everything seemed a bit rushed but don't think he did too much wrong

Evans - 6 Defended reasonably well, unlucky not to score the winner. Ponderous on the ball though and sometimes too slow to see the pass

Chilwell -  6 - One brilliant defensive header, offered nothing going forward

Ndidi - 6 Not the same as before his injury, did ok

Tielemans - 6 Decent first half, has quality at times but doesn't have the power to control the midfield

Maddison - 7 Could have had a hat trick, some good goal keeper but also poor finishing. Most creative player though by far.

Barnes - 5 Thought he'd turned a corner but was poor last night. Got an assist from a wank shot.

Perez - 4 Non-existent, positionally not sure where he was meant to be

Iheanacho - 7 Great goal scoring instinct, made the finish look easy. Wasn't involved enough but when he was he was a threat

Vardy - 4 Not fit clearly, barely touched the ball.

I don't think we were terrible, score a couple of those chances in the first half and we are probably giving everyone 8s and 9s.

14 hours ago, FIF said:

WOW!

Completely agree that Maddison was virtually unplayable last night and only some top-class goalkeeping denied him a goal or two.

On the other hand, Targett (their LB) only had a great game because Perez was completely AWOL on the defensive side of the ball.

Overall, I am personally not uncomfortable with the ratings. They are SUBJECTIVE after all and rightly reflect that supporters are gutted.  

13 hours ago, M0901 said:

My phone won't let me highlight your last sentence but that's spot on. We're becoming the new Arsenal, we have so many self-entitled supporters. 

Fans are entitled to be gutted and bitterly disappointed that, sitting 3rd on the Premiership log and with one of our most talented squads ever, we could not beat a nondescript team long mired near the bottom of the log over TWO LEGS (not just a one-off where anything can happen on any given day). If that's so-called "self-entitlement", feel free to sign me up!

>

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, FIF said:

WOW!

Une vue solide depuis  la France....Vive les Partisan-supporters Francais...@FIF Le Vieux Renard...:yesyes: