Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Md9

Ryan bennett

39 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Thought I'd chip in here. 

You've got an excellent bloke here. Professional, committed and a good player. We expected nothing from him when we got him on a free from Norwich but he's been fantastic for us. Made himself first choice at RCB for ages thanks to his performances but then seemed to have fallen out of favour this season, as Nuno wanted Dendoncker playing there for his better ability on the ball. What Bennett is though is a tough, committed defender who is good in the air, and can still play the odd good pass. Plus he has loads of experience playing in both a back four and a five. 

It's sad to see him go but he's probably about 6th choice at Wolves right now even though he has done nothing wrong whatsoever, as Boly has moved over to that side, and Dendoncker is ahead of him too now as mentioned. He'll be a fantastic squad player for you guys. He never kicks up a fuss and always performs well when called upon. 

£5m at the end of the loan is good business for us too, and absolutely nothing to you when you need cover in that position. 

Appreciate this post, I think the majority of us are happy with this signing. Yes it is a bit underwhelming when we was linked with a player like Demiral, but like you’ve stated we are adding another leader to the dressing room which could be vital with the second part of the season & he seems a tough fvcker. 

In truth the last few times I seen you guys play against us I thought he was the better of the three cb’s. Not saying he is but performance wise he was the one I was most impressed with.

Happy with this signing but hope we still go for another cb in the summer i.e Demiral. With champions league football we need three class centre backs to allow rotation.

13 minutes ago, nettle said:

It's called the Bodgerton effect mate.

15 minutes ago, nettle said:

Bodgerton is waving his magic wand🤣

Were you happy with yourself when you came up with this? Dont think it will stick mate but keep trying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Thought I'd chip in here. 

You've got an excellent bloke here. Professional, committed and a good player. We expected nothing from him when we got him on a free from Norwich but he's been fantastic for us. Made himself first choice at RCB for ages thanks to his performances but then seemed to have fallen out of favour this season, as Nuno wanted Dendoncker playing there for his better ability on the ball. What Bennett is though is a tough, committed defender who is good in the air, and can still play the odd good pass. Plus he has loads of experience playing in both a back four and a five. 

It's sad to see him go but he's probably about 6th choice at Wolves right now even though he has done nothing wrong whatsoever, as Boly has moved over to that side, and Dendoncker is ahead of him too now as mentioned. He'll be a fantastic squad player for you guys. He never kicks up a fuss and always performs well when called upon. 

£5m at the end of the loan is good business for us too, and absolutely nothing to you when you need cover in that position. 

Is this part of Nuno's plans to have a spy in the camp & to learn about BR's tactics/masterplan?  ;)  ........... or maybe it's a double bluff from Brendan to learn about Nuno's :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Not a lesser team's 3rd/4th choice defender.

Aye because a better teams 3rd/4th choice is gonna be desperate to come “down” to us in the same situation.

Based on who would be a) available and b) willing to come and be a backup for 5 months whilst we send another player on loan to develop and take their place next season, you’re not gonna get many better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Comments like this just show me you have no idea how to run a club correctly. Let me guess you would spend £40m, give him £100k a week & play him twice a season. It’s not FM. 

I'll think you'll find that I don't run a football club mate it's just a bit of fun👍🏻

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Look at those out-of-favour, unwanted, down-the-pecking-order players we've signed in the past ... Huth, Albrighton, Simpson etc. 

Calm yourselves.

I’m not sure if I’m the only one who thinks it, but imo Bennett will be the replacement for Big Wes.

Would be surprised if he gets offered another contract seems to be getting little niggles a lot more often which isn’t like Wes.

Bennett gives you everything you lose in the changing room if Morgan goes.

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How does Benkovic progress if he won't play here either. Makes sense if we want him to push on.

He'd probably get as much experience in the U23's as he would at Bristol City. Have the U23's not been playing against lower league teams and done well in a cup?

1 minute ago, nettle said:

I'll think you'll find that I don't run a football club mate it's just a bit of fun👍🏻

My point is why take the p*ss out of Congerton? This is smart business. 

Offers a back up option with bags of experience, can play to a very good standard & is also a leader. 

At most it’s gonna cost us £5m & that’s if we make it a permanent transfer. Therefore it allows an extra £10/£15m to moved over to the transfer kitty for the summer.

Personally think Congerton has done a good bit of business here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He'd probably get as much experience in the U23's as he would at Bristol City. Have the U23's not been playing against lower league teams and done well in a cup?

What do you play for in the u23’s though? Nothing.

Going to someone like Bristol who are fighting for the play offs, gives us as a club to see how he deals with all the pressure from the fans & in a tense environment with the expectation to win. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

My point is why take the p*ss out of Congerton? This is smart business. 

Offers a back up option with bags of experience, can play to a very good standard & is also a leader. 

At most it’s gonna cost us £5m & that’s if we make it a permanent transfer. Therefore it allows an extra £10/£15m to moved over to the transfer kitty for the summer.

Personally think Congerton has done a good bit of business here.

He did a cracking job at Sunderland, I think I'll reserve judgement on him for a bit longer yet if that's ok by you.

I think ever since we got Rodgers in and started performing well, I’ve got too carried away and started dreaming of the club playing champions league football and being linked to players like Ziyech to Zaniolo, Bergweijn and Demiral... but in reality we are signing players who might come in and do a job... for little old Leicester. 
This signing isn’t the end of the world and I think I’d rather this than the donkey from Southampton, but I was hoping for more.

Anyway January was never going to be easy, Summer will be the clue as to what direction we are heading in. If we get champions league but still sign other premier league clubs back up players and don’t push on (like we didn’t after we’d won the league) then we will be left behind by teams with more ambition (and know what they are doing as West Ham have ambition but haven’t got a clue what they are doing) 

Anyway the squad we have has got us to 3rd so far, hopefully they’ll see it through 

• Like 1

Just now, nettle said:

He did a cracking job at Sunderland, I think I'll reserve judgement on him for a bit longer yet if that's ok by you.

Sunderland as a whole football club was a disaster. Most footballers go to clubs & turn out to be trash. Does it make them trash, not a chance. Sometimes people just don’t fit in at certain places.

How you know that Sunderland’s scouting network was absolute dogsh*t? Congerton can only go off what he’s provided. 

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Playing in a team looking for promotion in the Championship or an U23 team that play like 7/8 games a season against League 1/2 sides that are pretty much always playing their own reserves...which sounds like better development?

• Like 1

Just now, lcfceaves said:

I think ever since we got Rodgers in and started performing well, I’ve got too carried away and started dreaming of the club playing champions league football and being linked to players like Ziyech to Zaniolo, Bergweijn and Demiral... but in reality we are signing players who might come in and do a job... for little old Leicester. 
This signing isn’t the end of the world and I think I’d rather this than the donkey from Southampton, but I was hoping for more.

Anyway January was never going to be easy, Summer will be the clue as to what direction we are heading in. If we get champions league but still sign other premier league clubs back up players and don’t push on (like we didn’t after we’d won the league) then we will be left behind by teams with more ambition (and know what they are doing as West Ham have ambition but haven’t got a clue what they are doing) 

Anyway the squad we have has got us to 3rd so far, hopefully they’ll see it through 

I think once we get Europe & have the new training ground then we can start talking of these type of players. I think you’ll be surprised after the year we won the premier league we think we are a smaller team to what we actually are in fans opinion across Europe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Sunderland as a whole football club was a disaster. Most footballers go to clubs & turn out to be trash. Does it make them trash, not a chance. Sometimes people just don’t fit in at certain places.

How you know that Sunderland’s scouting network was absolute dogsh*t? Congerton can only go off what he’s provided. 

Wasn't your mate Lee in charge of player recruitment at Sunderland?  I assume he would be in charge of the scouting network as well?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Also he wasn't a right lot better at Celtic if you ask me they've bought some right shite there as well.

Edited by nettle

Just now, nettle said:

Wasn't your mate Lee in charge of player recruitment at Sunderland?  I assume he would be in charge of the scouting network as well?

Who should we have signed then?

Name a player at that price, with that much premier league experience, who can play to the ability Bennett can & offers leadership the way Bennett does & can play in a back 4 or 5.

Your quick enough to slate people at the club so let’s see what you suggest.

N yes he would be In charge of the scouting network but you can’t just sack everyone & hire your own people because you lose all trust at a family club like Sunderland.

I don’t even know why I’m entertaining you, your clearly deluded lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1