Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Md9

Ryan bennett

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

You're right.

Tuesday what was lacking was not talent, youth and energy.

It was character and leadership.

I dont think this is great or exciting but neither do I think it's a bad idea.

What a load of rubbish we lost because we didn't take our chances and there goalkeeper made some outstanding saves. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

They've been playing two players who were previously Midfielders as their 2nd and 3rd CB's whilst Boly has been out.

That's the line everyone spins, but Saiss plays LCB for Morocco regularly and Dendoncker has played RCB for Belgium a few times (though is definitely a DM). It's not as if they've been chucked in there with no previous. 

Boly is back now any way and will likely continue at RCB with Saiss staying put. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Bear said:

That's the line everyone spins, but Saiss plays LCB for Morocco regularly and Dendoncker has played RCB for Belgium a few times (though is definitely a DM). It's not as if they've been chucked in there with no previous. 

Boly is back now any way and will likely continue at RCB with Saiss staying put. 

Your system is unique though, your success seems to me that to overcome not really having any attacking central midfielders in a defensive system, you provide overload from very athletic outside centre halves who can push on and help drive attacks forward. This is effective as both Saiss and Dendoncker can play some quality football. 

I love watching yours and Sheffield Utd's system when in full flow against the so called big teams. 

• Like 1

I think this is a great signing. He’s solid and has Prem experience and by all accounts is a good character. If he’s coming to be backup we couldn’t ask for anymore really. A new signing always lifts the mood too. 

Edited by frany104
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Just joking mate, found it funny that you went from calling him awful... to saying you'd rather have someone else... to saying it doesn't matter.... to saying he'd be an okay signing lol 

I get it now! Yeah I can see why that seemed a bit odd lol. He's not necessarily awful, just had an awful season so far from what I gather, Nuno playing Saiss and Dendoncker over him whenever possible. I'd rather have Vestergaard because he fits the "Morgan" job Rodgers has been using to choose out games perfectly, whilst having performed at a high level for longer and more consistently. 

But it doesn't really matter as he's just a warm body to play in the worst case scenario for less than six months, so if he's for cheap it's a fine signing.

37 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah, but last season Bennet played a lot more didn't he, losing his place to players who were in the same squad the whole time isn't great.

2 hours ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Ryan Bennett was a regular for 1 and a half seasons for Wolves in the Premier League. We all know Wolves have done well since being promoted and surely he contributed to that. Bennett can't be as bad as many on here seem to think. This is a loan deal and we should be open minded. Let's see how he does. We might be surprised. 

He isn’t remotely bad, it’s just not some fancy foreigner who nobody knows anything about. People like them!

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Rob Dorset is a twat. Claiming Leicester fans have been waiting since August to replace Harry Maguire And now finally we have our man. 

:crylaugh:

Errrr....I don't think Ryan Bennett is replacing Maguire! That man is such a silly sausage sometimes! There's media spin, then there's just delusional

16 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Rob Dorset is a twat. Claiming Leicester fans have been waiting since August to replace Harry Maguire And now finally we have our man. 

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

:crylaugh:Errrr....I don't think Ryan Bennett is replacing Maguire! That man is such a silly sausage sometimes! There's media spin, then there's just delusional

Rob's a top pro, and a sound bloke who does like us.

I'm sure if that's what he said there was plenty of tongue in cheek.

Not like FT to go overboard, I know...

• Like 2

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rob's a top pro, and a sound bloke who does like us.

I'm sure if that's what he said there was plenty of tongue in cheek.

Not like FT to go overboard, I know...

He may well be, but he's also clearly driven by SKY spin and it definitely wasn't tongue in cheek. He was almost salivating for ****s sake. 

Always good to read the selling clubs forum, not a bad word to say about him, most fans are annoyed they are letting him go. Must be a good thing. 

I’m surprised Wolves are letting him leave as they have one of the smallest squads in the league.

We must have offered a pretty good deal 

21 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Always good to read the selling clubs forum, not a bad word to say about him, most fans are annoyed they are letting him go. Must be a good thing. 

I’m surprised Wolves are letting him leave as they have one of the smallest squads in the league.

We must have offered a pretty good deal 

Or they have someone else lined up..