Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Md9

Ryan bennett

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But giving him gametime here,d oes developed him...Hes Not Coming in,without experience..!!!

Soyu,Don t forget was also,brought in earlier...

in fact over many years,thats how we found und developed our past Great defenders....

We used to always have a strong cover & pack. of them..!!!

Don t get me wrong..I See both sides of the discussion,its just if he had odd gametime with us,he and his teammates,learn to get into sync,and each others games..!!  I actually believe we could of Player him in some games...other PL Teams throw in the odd 1-2,potential players,Not always because of injury or need...

I would of Preferred he stays,and played occasionally....We can afford the risk,that Really isnt one..!!!!  We have seen him,he looks more than alright..!!!

Just think & ponder..for CL  & PL Preparation for Next season.coming from Bristol city,or some gametime with present club...

If seems,it seems that we are far  Too carefull....Trust in your present invested players!!!  We did with Soyu & Evans,in reality they too came as pleasant 1St Team suprises.

Not me, but  Many fans also doubted them..!!!

But he's not going to play whilst Evans and Soy are fit this season, so this is the best option.

19 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

You'd better let Sheffield United know as they've already announced the signing of a player they wanted, when they wanted, for a club record transfer fee.

Also in a position where they only needed cover. But he comes in and keeps the first teamers on their toes, and if hes better he takes their place. Natural progression.

We were hoping to get Demiral at the start of the window, a player who ended up being a regular starter for Juventus and kept De Ligt out of the first team. He would have been ideal as he would probably force his way into the first XI and we would have had three top class CB's.

The situation changed as Demiral became a Juventus regular and got a long term injury. With 12 hours to go we bring in Bennett who has PL experience and a good age at 29. He's come here to fill a hole for the last 14 league games if we get a bad injury to Evans or Soyuncu. We'll keep our tinder dry until the summer and we may go for Demiral again if De Ligt performs and Juventus look well stocked for CB's and if not we'll almost certainly look to bring in a top quality CB when conditions are more conducive to do so. 

• Like 1

Low risk deal. Probably won't play much but if he does, he's got decent experience, looked good last season in PL.

Evans/Cags will be first choice, Morgan/Bennett to cover, Benkovic plays games out on loan (if he can stay fit)

Ask yourselves, would you rather keep an injury-prone Benkovic alongside an ageing Morgan as back up or this?

(It's only 3-and-a-bit months anyway)

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Mark said:

I think he's been identified due to playing in a back three. Rodgers has been flirting with it ever since he arrived so I expect we'll see more of that now but we seem worse off in that setup.

Could be...but be fair,or he wants to Flirt further,then he wants obviously to try and develope it further...for certain  occasional or most futur games/ during season.

36 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Signing a player and hoping they wont play is gReAt BuSiNeSs - I've heard it all now.

How about going out, showing some ambition and spending money on a player good enough that you hope will play? We're supposed to be going for a Champions League place ffs.

We'll be doing that business in the summer, when those players are actually available.

Bennett is simply cover to allow Benkovic to develop by playing first team football on loan. Bennett will have an incentive to play well for us to earn a transfer for Champuons League football next season.

The negativity to this deal is quite frankly neanderthal!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Low risk deal. Probably won't play much but if he does, he's got decent experience, looked good last season in PL.

Evans/Cags will be first choice, Morgan/Bennett to cover, Benkovic plays games out on loan (if he can stay fit)

Ask yourselves, would you rather keep an injury-prone Benkovic alongside an ageing Morgan as back up or this?

(It's only 3-and-a-bit months anyway)

Agreed.  No downside at all honestly.  The state of this thread!

• Like 3

This was by far his best moment for us. Dying seconds winner away at Bristol City when we went up. Nuno had been sent to the stands into the Brizzle directors box and gave it the big 'un in front of all of them when it went in. Superb. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

He’s cover? Average is fine by me as long as he’s dependable which is the impression I’m getting. 

How is he's cover a question? Nothing worth getting upset about as it's just a loan but he'll still be ripped to shreds in the match threads 

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Thought I'd chip in here. 

You've got an excellent bloke here. Professional, committed and a good player. We expected nothing from him when we got him on a free from Norwich but he's been fantastic for us. Made himself first choice at RCB for ages thanks to his performances but then seemed to have fallen out of favour this season, as Nuno wanted Dendoncker playing there for his better ability on the ball. What Bennett is though is a tough, committed defender who is good in the air, and can still play the odd good pass. Plus he has loads of experience playing in both a back four and a five. 

It's sad to see him go but he's probably about 6th choice at Wolves right now even though he has done nothing wrong whatsoever, as Boly has moved over to that side, and Dendoncker is ahead of him too now as mentioned. He'll be a fantastic squad player for you guys. He never kicks up a fuss and always performs well when called upon. 

£5m at the end of the loan is good business for us too, and absolutely nothing to you when you need cover in that position. 

I remember him more from his Norwich days where he was a bit of a donkey but good to hear he can do some sort of job for us. Not sure we should be signing somebody that is 6th choice for Wolves though 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

I remember him more from his Norwich days where he was a bit of a donkey but good to hear he can do some sort of job for us. Not sure we should be signing somebody that is 6th choice for Wolves though 

It's called the Bodgerton effect mate.

• Sad 1

It makes a lot of sense for us.

The only slight problem is that if he has to play due to injuries but doesn’t do very well, what happens when you come to the obligation limit where you have to buy him for £5mil if you play? Surely you wouldn’t use him and have to pay the money, which kind of contradicts signing as a back up.

Do realise £5mil for a centre back who was a first team regular in getting their club into Europe last season is a decent price anyway though.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

12 hours left in the window restricted our choices.

All being well he'll be lucky to get any minutes here at all. He's a short term insurance policy on Evans or Soyuncu getting injured. We didn't need top class just someone who can be competent if required. 

• Like 2

Very sensible signing, Unlikely he will play enough to activate the obligation to buy anyway

On the bench as cover if we need him, which he is more than capable of

Can them bin him off in the summer and go all out for Demiral or whoever else we want when prices will be more sensible

• Like 1

Sensible signing from City.

Even if we signed him permanently, £5m is bugger all in today's market.

This isn't about improving the squad necessarily, but hopefully getting Benkovic a dozen good games in the Championship and then giving us some real options next season in that position.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But he's not going to play whilst Evans and Soy are fit this season, so this is the best option.

My point is,like in the past,and other Teams do...We could Play him ..Todays Player wont be asked to get through constant 35+ games per season,but is part of a rotational system. Even the stars..Like International Rugby/cricket...The word dropped, becomes less a point.Again has mentioned, we had Maybe our no1 CBs,but constantly brought in younger reserves,or Cover players. Leicester used to always   have decent CB cover, Its only since our Promotion it became a noticable problem.

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

This was by far his best moment for us. Dying seconds winner away at Bristol City when we went up. Nuno was sent to the stands into the Brizzle directors box and gave it the big 'un in front of all of them. Superb. 

The two old fellers giving it to Nuno whilst he’s celebrating have killed me lol 

• Haha 2

Sensible bit of business, benko wants game time, we want to keep him happy for the future, he gets his loan move, bring in bennett as cover who by all accounts is happy to come in and play when required, solid, premier league experience, i dont see the downside to this at all