Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Md9

Ryan bennett

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Every football club has space for a player that can expect to start if they prove themselves to be better than the players currently playing. 

You need to think about the dynamics of the dressing room - maybe we are trying to get cags to commit to a new contract ..... bringing someone in now to possibly put him on the bench will help that !

its vital we sort out the CB issue in the summer ..... it’s not so vital for the next three months ........ I suspect the club know who they want if it isn’t benko and won’t take a second best option now ...

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

No way we go 3 at the back if Benkovic is going out on loan. You can't reasonably sustain that formation with only 4 centre backs (we have 3 fit).

Maybe your right but he wants that option maybe to change the formation during a match!  He won't always start that way but for a few games he might want to employ 3 at the back!

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

You'd better let Sheffield United know as they've already announced the signing of a player they wanted, when they wanted, for a club record transfer fee.

Also in a position where they only needed cover. But he comes in and keeps the first teamers on their toes, and if hes better he takes their place. Natural progression.

Because obviously they identified him as someone they wanted and he was available for a reasonable financial package. It's almost as if every situation is different. 

By your logic, Man should just show some ambition and put the £ on the table for Maddison, Chelsea should show some ambition and put the £ on the table for Chilwell, Man City should show some ambition and put the £ down for Soyuncu. Sod the financial ramifications of that, value for money and what our position is. Just ambition gets you what you want when you want. Sound. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Benkovic need to play, not sit on the bench watching Evans and Soyunco!

It about developing Benkovic!

But giving him gametime here,d oes developed him...Hes Not Coming in,without experience..!!!

Soyu,Don t forget was also,brought in earlier...

in fact over many years,thats how we found und developed our past Great defenders....

We used to always have a strong cover & pack. of them..!!!

Don t get me wrong..I See both sides of the discussion,its just if he had odd gametime with us,he and his teammates,learn to get into sync,and each others games..!!  I actually believe we could of Player him in some games...other PL Teams throw in the odd 1-2,potential players,Not always because of injury or need...

I would of Preferred he stays,and played occasionally....We can afford the risk,that Really isnt one..!!!!  We have seen him,he looks more than alright..!!!

Just think & ponder..for CL  & PL Preparation for Next season.coming from Bristol city,or some gametime with present club...

If seems,it seems that we are far  Too carefull....Trust in your present invested players!!!  We did with Soyu & Evans,in reality they too came as pleasant 1St Team suprises.

Not me, but  Many fans also doubted them..!!!

12 minutes ago, Beechey said:

No way we go 3 at the back if Benkovic is going out on loan. You can't reasonably sustain that formation with only 4 centre backs (we have 3 fit).

Weve gone three at the back with Fuchs and Chilwell playing there whilst we have 4 CBs, doesn't seem unreasonable to think he might go three at the back with a CB that's spent the last few years playing in a three

He’s a right sided CB that can cover for Evans if he picks up a knock in the next 14 games. He’s not cup tied. He’s unhappy where he is because he’s not even first reserve at CB for Wolves at the moment. 29, experienced. Knows the league. Will probably only be here 4 months and play 3 games tops. He also was a cheap as chips FPL pick a few seasons back and earned me a shit load of points off the bench.

He’ll do a job on loan then we’ll give him back. 

What’s not to like?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

But what's the point. Could just keep Benko? Pointless all-round. This lad won't even get a game.

but that is the point, we cant keep benkovic and not play him it will stunt his development. we someone who is capable if required, but that will happily sit there knowing he probably wont play. this signing is solely focused on getting benkovic out on loan and a decent run of games heading into a full pre season.

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Thought I'd chip in here. 

You've got an excellent bloke here. Professional, committed and a good player. We expected nothing from him when we got him on a free from Norwich but he's been fantastic for us. Made himself first choice at RCB for ages thanks to his performances but then seemed to have fallen out of favour this season, as Nuno wanted Dendoncker playing there for his better ability on the ball. What Bennett is though is a tough, committed defender who is good in the air, and can still play the odd good pass. Plus he has loads of experience playing in both a back four and a five. 

It's sad to see him go but he's probably about 6th choice at Wolves right now even though he has done nothing wrong whatsoever, as Boly has moved over to that side, and Dendoncker is ahead of him too now as mentioned. He'll be a fantastic squad player for you guys. He never kicks up a fuss and always performs well when called upon. 

£5m at the end of the loan is good business for us too, and absolutely nothing to you when you need cover in that position. 

Unpopular opinion but I'm pleased with this. One thing we do need is more bodies and from this he seems to fit the sort of characters we prefer.

13 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

You'd better let Sheffield United know as they've already announced the signing of a player they wanted, when they wanted, for a club record transfer fee.

Also in a position where they only needed cover. But he comes in and keeps the first teamers on their toes, and if hes better he takes their place. Natural progression.

Perhaps our targets were not value for money in this window ? Perhaps we didn't feel a desperate need to pay what we believed to be over the odds for one of our top targets (there are some windows in the future where we may make the decision to do so). 

The club are sitting 14 points clear of 5th and still in the FA Cup. We have Fuchs and Wes in cover and added  Bennett to further strengthen the depth for the next 6 months. If this football club is not in the champions league next season, being in the position that we are in. Believe me, it will have little to do with what we have done during this window. If the gap from 5th was more so 3/5 points, i think the club would have taken a more adventurous approach this window. 

Bennett will add value to squad and improves it from what we currently have (he has more experience than Benkovic and more in the tank than Wes). 

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Is he better than Benkovic?  We are desperate for a centre back with Morgan out injured at the minute.

The point is not that he has to better than Benkovic.  The point is that for his own development Benko has to play, and the club isn't comfortable relying on a guy who's only had one senior match this season in the event of injury.  So they need an anti-awful CB for cover, and Bennett is just that.  It's fine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Because obviously they identified him as someone they wanted and he was available for a reasonable financial package. It's almost as if every situation is different. 

By your logic, Man should just show some ambition and put the £ on the table for Maddison, Chelsea should show some ambition and put the £ on the table for Chilwell, Man City should show some ambition and put the £ down for Soyuncu. Sod the financial ramifications of that, value for money and what our position is. Just ambition gets you what you want when you want. Sound. 

Nope, no more than in the sense your logic was that it's impossible to sign any players at all in January because you can't just 'get what you want'. Besides, yeah, if those clubs genuinely want the player and want them in their squad now then yes, putting money on the table wouldn't be a bad way to go about it.

I’ve no qualms with this one, I think it’s a smart move for two reasons. Firstly, it helps Benkovic develop which is essential if we don’t want to waste his potential.

Secondly, Bennett is a solid defender who knows the league well, is decent on the ball and a good aerial threat. Plus he has experience playing in a back 3 which will be valuable if we decide to use it again. With Morgan picking up a few injuries, having another experienced pro around is totally fine by me. If he struggles, there’s no major dramas as it’s a loan, and if he’s a success we can pick him up for £5mil, which is pocket change, to continue his rotation role in the squad. I’d far, far rather this than the £15mil deal for Vestegaard that was mooted!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Signing a player and hoping they wont play is gReAt BuSiNeSs - I've heard it all now.

How about going out, showing some ambition and spending money on a player good enough that you hope will play? We're supposed to be going for a Champions League place ffs.

Ha ha, ambition ?  Ricardo, Maddison, Tielemans, to name just a few recent signings who would get into any premier league side bar the top two and who have helped us achieve 3rd at the minute and beyond what most level headed supporter would aspire to.

2 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He is not a new signing chaps, he's cover for the 4th CB position. Don't be underwhelmed. See it for what it is. Benkos development program

I'm not sure, Rodgers has gone on all season about wanting the option to play a back three.