Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Md9

Ryan bennett

Nothing wrong with a loan signing like this, just fills a space in the squad for a few months before doing proper business in the summer. Also has good experience of playing in a 3 and with Rodgers signalling he wants that option it probably makes sense. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I actually think it a pretty clever move.  

I think he's been identified due to playing in a back three. Rodgers has been flirting with it ever since he arrived so I expect we'll see more of that now but we seem worse off in that setup.

Hopefully not cup tied and we won’t see him start a prem game as won’t be needed 

likely to see him on the bench whilst wes is struggling with injury - probably have Fuchs as cover tomorrow 

Grear for benko to go out and prove his fitness so we know where we stand come the summer 

not bothering to read the thread as many of you won’t have a clue about running a football club !! 

26 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

But what's the point. Could just keep Benko? Pointless all-round. This lad won't even get a game.

nor will Benko - thats the point. This, Im assuming, gives an opportunity for Benko to get real game time for half a season so that he can progress and have an oppotunity to stake a fiirst team claim. Hes not going to progress if he stays with us warming the bench and not playing

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1

We sold Harry Maguire's right knee cap for 5m, so hardly the end of the world if this doesn't work out. Interesting to know if it's an option OR an obligation.

EDIT: Update:

Very good deal if you ask me. We are probably getting a loan fee for Benkovic that covers the loan fee for Bennet. If he's half decent or forced in due to an injury to someone else we can pick up for peanuts.

If he's complete crap we've invested almost nothing. Rudkin on top form!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Just now, Mark said:

I think he's been identified due to playing in a back three. Rodgers has been flirting with it ever since he arrived so I expect we'll see more of that now but we seem worse off in that setup.

I think he like it as a opinion, we shall see. 

It probably the only way we can get both Vardy and Nacho in the side, plus it solves our winger problem.

The issue hasn't bee the formation, but the personal in my opinion, Fuch, Morgan, Chilwll , not real the players to be the 3rd CB.

I still think Ricardo and Chilwell can be very good wing backs. 

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Nothing wrong with a loan signing like this, just fills a space in the squad for a few months before doing proper business in the summer. Also has good experience of playing in a 3 and with Rodgers signalling he wants that option it probably makes sense. 

It’s also with an obligation to buy 

Signing a player and hoping they wont play is gReAt BuSiNeSs - I've heard it all now.

How about going out, showing some ambition and spending money on a player good enough that you hope will play? We're supposed to be going for a Champions League place ffs.

If Benkovic,is ok to go out on loan,surely he his fit and ready,to be kept here,and be given some Part of gametime....

I normally Don t question,any Player investment,I rather encourage...( And Bennet should be welcomed..!!!)...but just IMO,a  strange one!

Maybe, he can give,or come and suprise us like Evans did....

He pulls that blue Shirt with the foxes badge over his head..then he gets my Full support..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Why on earth would anyone be upset by this. 

He's cheap cover that's clearly good enough to hold the fort at this level. 

Because some people are only happy to see us buy Carlos Kickaball.

I think is very shrewd business!  

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Signing a player and hoping they wont play is gReAt BuSiNeSs - I've heard it all now.

How about going out, showing some ambition and spending money on a player good enough that you hope will play? We're supposed to be going for a Champions League place ffs.

What else do we do? Sign someone who expects to start every week? We needed cover, we now have cover..... 

• Like 2