Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Md9

Ryan bennett

2 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Remember Robert Huth....enough said!!

Not quite the same is it? Huth had won the Premier League title twice and had experience at international level. Bennett has been relegated three times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think this is a very solid signing, really can’t understand why so many are moaning.

Like he’s only here as back up and it gives Benkovic a good opportunity to go and get some valuable 1st team experience in proper football rather than in the Scottish league.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Been having an awful season with Wolves. To be honest I'd have rather had Vestergaard, but whatever it doesn't need to be long term and he has a lot of experience playing as a 3rd centreback. He can be an ok backup

I don't think I've ever witnessed someone type schizophrenic before lol....

I think it's some shrewd business by us.

Reliable, solid cover for Soy and Evans. I'd also expect any defender's game to rise a level playing alongside and learning from Evans especially, and even the lesser experienced Cags.

Allows Benko to get some much needed game time and progress with his development, with an option to recall from loan should we find two of our central defenders injured at the same time, which isn't all that likely.

Might not be the most exciting and flamboyant signing we've made but it's one which makes total sense. We're third in the Premier League, and realistically we're only behind  two clubs who have colossal resources compared to us, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edited by smr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I didn't write schizophrenic in there? Unless I'm going insane or something... :ph34r:

Just joking mate, found it funny that you went from calling him awful... to saying you'd rather have someone else... to saying it doesn't matter.... to saying he'd be an okay signing lol 

• Haha 2

just the kind of player I was told we would be signing back in November and December. the club didn't expect to be able to get their main targets because clubs don't want to sell or will ask for silly money. there will have been a lot of effort gone into the window and plenty of talk but sometimes deals just can't be done and people should realise that it's not for a want of trying. 

The club knows the dynamics change for the summer window and we weren't desperate for anything other than cover so why overpay. The view is the current squad has got us this far and the toughest part of the season is now past. This might turn to a permanent as 5m is good for a Wes replacement but the club will still be going after another CB in the summer, there will be 2 in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Remember Robert Huth....enough said!!

No relevance whatsoever 😂 

Here to provide cover until the end of the season, comes with prem experience, nothing exciting but wasn’t expecting whoever it was that came in to be anything but. Benkovic going out on loan to the Championship will give him good game time to give the club an idea of his fitness and ability in the English game. Close season we can then look at Benko or other options and not dive into any rash decisions like some people think we should in Jan. 

This makes perfect sense, more than good enough to play back up plus he’s an experienced head for a young squad. And it allows Benkovic to go out and get game time and match fit ready for next season. Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, 3stevo said:

No relevance whatsoever 😂 

Here to provide cover until the end of the season, comes with prem experience, nothing exciting but wasn’t expecting whoever it was that came in to be anything but. Benkovic going out on loan to the Championship will give him good game time to give the club an idea of his fitness and ability in the English game. Close season we can then look at Benko or other options and not dive into any rash decisions like some people think we should in Jan. 

Huth came on loan initially......

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Premier League experience, will happily sit on the bench, a "captain", probably costs **** all, allows Benkovic to get desperately needed game time...

Literally there is no down side to this. 

I sometimes think you lot expect us to go and get Virgil Van Dijk.

Yep! I'd love to see fans reactions way back when we signed Huth. I imagine they weren't too dissimilar and look how that turned out... 

• Like 1

Proabably the best we could do. Benkovic will get matches at Bristol which is what we want for his development. This guy will be fourth choice centre back and if we are lucky with form and injuries will play next to no part which is exactly what Benkovic would have done. Option to buy doesn't mean we have to.

He's a solid pro with experience at this level.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep! I'd love to see fans reactions way back when we signed Huth. I imagine they weren't too dissimilar and look how that turned out... 

In fairness that was before a lot of people decided they were Leicester fans :whistle:

Winning the league was the worst thing to happen to this forum.

• Thanks 1

preparing for champions league.

will need a few players to get a gig here and there so others can rest after champions league games.

the good winger will come once we secure champions league status.

Edited by MPH

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If Stoke had been below us in the league you might have a point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I thought he was a regular for Wolves, who have they signed to replace him?

They've been playing two players who were previously Midfielders as their 2nd and 3rd CB's whilst Boly has been out.