Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Md9

Ryan bennett

This is a nice tweet. Seems like a nice solid old school Leicester signing to me: 

I am all for investing in youth, but I still think there's room for bringing in older more experienced players, who are just going to pull up their sleeves and get the job done. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

This is a nice tweet. Seems like a nice solid old school Leicester signing to me: 

I am all for investing in youth, but I still think there's room for bringing in older more experienced players, who are just going to pull up their sleeves and get the job done. 

You're right.

Tuesday what was lacking was not talent, youth and energy.

It was character and leadership.

I dont think this is great or exciting but neither do I think it's a bad idea.

• Like 1

Ryan Bennett was a regular for 1 and a half seasons for Wolves in the Premier League. We all know Wolves have done well since being promoted and surely he contributed to that. Bennett can't be as bad as many on here seem to think. This is a loan deal and we should be open minded. Let's see how he does. We might be surprised. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The under 23’s isn’t remotely similar to playing in the championship, neither is playing in the two bit cup against league one teams.

Which we only really have possibly 3 more games in including the quarter final against Newport, a League 2 side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Ryan Bennett was a regular for 1 and a half seasons for Wolves in the Premier League. We all know Wolves have done well since being promoted and surely he contributed to that. Bennett can't be as bad as many on here seem to think. This is a loan deal and we should be open minded. Let's see how he does. We might be surprised. 

We won't be having any of that 'open minded' around here thankyou very much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Yep! I'd love to see fans reactions way back when we signed Huth. I imagine they weren't too dissimilar and look how that turned out... 

When he came Huth was almost universally praised a fantastic loan signing and considerably better than what we had, wasn't he?

I'm not particularly against this but it does reek of squad padding - the option to buy has thrown me a bit.

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

When he came Huth was almost universally praised a fantastic loan signing and considerably better than what we had, wasn't he?

I'm not particularly against this but it does reek of squad padding - the option to buy has thrown me a bit.

Bit of a better pedigree, former league winner 2 times and German international who played at the world cup

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Always thought he was tidy enough. 

Anybody else on this forum, I would call bullshit on this post.

You, I have no doubt have been watching him and making notes since he was at Grimsby Town.

1 minute ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Bet he can’t believe his luck. Managing to upgrade whilst be surplus’ requirements at wolves lol

he is probably first change here whereas at wolves, he is currently third or fourth …….i doubt there is much financially in it for him.

he was unused on the bench for both their fa cup ties against man u so is eligible for the brum/cov game

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Gordon Bennett! This guy must be good if Wolves are loaning him to a potential top 4 rival.

He’s not Portuguese they’re slowly trimming down the non Portuguese players then watch out for a Rebranding for next season they’ll be going by the Name of “ Sporting Wolverhampton !” :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Anybody else on this forum, I would call bullshit on this post.

You, I have no doubt have been watching him and making notes since he was at Grimsby Town.

I mean, that or when he was first choice for a club that got promoted and straight in to the Europa league last year. 

1 hour ago, Suffolk exile said:

I honestly think this is a very sensible, if a little underwhelming signing. I'd much sooner this than splashing £40m on the likes of Dunk or Tarkowski! We need cover, he will do that and without us sinking millions to do it.

Whilst I am as disappointed by the lack of movement this window - look elsewhere, nobody is really doing any business. It is going to be a quiet one. Which to be fair, Jan usually is.

I'd take a boring window over insistent reports that half the league are only a signature away from stealing half the team since we weren't in a position to realistically decline, whether it being due to silly money, players wanting to upgrade either the prestige of the club they're playing for or amount of cold cash, or a black hole instead of a piggy bank.

Sure there were a few mumblings of Maddison leaving but they never really became more concrete than wishful thinking from other's fans

• Like 1