Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ryan Bennett Joins On Loan

22 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Because opponents. 

Because sometimes you have to recycle and start again.

Because inexperience.

Because it's not FM2020.

These could all be reasons.

You coujd be more generous.  One player in particular... chillwell used to push forward like Ricardo... but now he puts it on the deck and considers his options.  He has lost his instinct and his ability to mix it up.  He needs a  mindfulness program to let go of these hang ups.  Both justin and Thomas were a breath of fresh air.

Edited by foxinsocks

4 hours ago, SO1 said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/really-hands-on-wolves-defender-18748778

Interesting article on Rodgers and Nuno Espirito Santo from Bennett's perspective.

Very positive towards both clubs in fairness, however,  the comment 'It wasn’t always about shape. It wasn’t always with a direct purpose' about Leicester compared to Wolves could tend to suggest why Wolves always seemed to be well drilled and organised compared to us, in the latter 6 months, when we looked a bit disorganised and all at sea on occasions. Perhaps you can be too complex and try and instil too many ideas and theories at times. Some players are perhaps a little brighter than others at being able to understand and implement such things. 

37 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Very positive towards both clubs in fairness, however,  the comment 'It wasn’t always about shape. It wasn’t always with a direct purpose' about Leicester compared to Wolves could tend to suggest why Wolves always seemed to be well drilled and organised compared to us, in the latter 6 months, when we looked a bit disorganised and all at sea on occasions. Perhaps you can be too complex and try and instil too many ideas and theories at times. Some players are perhaps a little brighter than others at being able to understand and implement such things. 

Thank You. That's why I posted it. Thought there were a few tid bits people would find to pick at.

I haven't watched Wolves except for our matches and they seem very organized. Like a well oiled machine to be honest.

Very impressed with what Wolves have done and we both seem to be on a very similar path. Granted we do play in different styles but the ambition feels the same. Both have found a system of play and have stuck to it. Everything including transfers around both clubs is supporting that system. I am curious with what you say about instilling ideas but think that systems of play and the fact that Santo has been there for 3 years to implement his ideas might have something to do with it. Maybe this guy could give some insight if he has the time @StriderHiryu

28 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Thank You. That's why I posted it. Thought there were a few tid bits people would find to pick at.

I haven't watched Wolves except for our matches and they seem very organized. Like a well oiled machine to be honest.

Very impressed with what Wolves have done and we both seem to be on a very similar path. Granted we do play in different styles but the ambition feels the same. Both have found a system of play and have stuck to it. Everything including transfers around both clubs is supporting that system. I am curious with what you say about instilling ideas but think that systems of play and the fact that Santo has been there for 3 years to implement his ideas might have something to do with it. Maybe this guy could give some insight if he has the time @StriderHiryu

Yes, I always take a keen interest in what he has to say, he seems far more erudite than me. It's very true that Santo has had more time and as he's gone on, with his ideas and system, they have improved each season. In contrast, and I'm hoping it's just been a hiccup, as Rodgers tenure here has increased and therefore he has had more time to implement his 'philosophy', unlike Wolves, we appear to have taken a backwards step. In fairness to Rodgers, he may well point to the fact that he needs certain different players of his choice to come in to execute his ideas. This didn't necessarily come to fruition at Liverpool or Celtic but he too will have grown as a manager. I don't know much about Santos previous record to be honest though. I just occasionally get the impression that sometimes Rodgers tries to micromanage a little too much and over complicates things.

• 1 year later...

I was chatting to a Swansea season ticket holder yesterday. 

Apparently they’ve played him at fullback on a game 😂 He said he’s not good enough for the Championship and gets booked …. A lot. 

Apparently he turns like a ship and is slow. 

He sanctioned this move to us two seasons ago?