Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ryan Bennett Joins On Loan

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Bit odd from Wolves. I consider them.an outside threat for fourth. I guess they don't and have elected to strengthen us and take the money

They see themselves an outside bet for 4th, not 3rd. ;-)

https://www.lcfc.com/

- Ryan Bennett speaks to LCFC TV after signing for the Club on loan, subject to Premier League approval
- The 29-year-old defender will spend the remainder of the 2019/20 season at Leicester City
- Bennett is excited by the prospect of playing a role in the Club's 'forward momentum'

The 29-year-old centre-back arrives at King Power Stadium after playing 19 times in all competitions for Nuno Espírito Santo's side this season, scoring once in the UEFA Europa League.

Bennett will now link up with City's first team squad for the remainder of the 2019/20 campaign as the Foxes, under Brendan Rodgers' management, look to continue their excellent on-field progress.

Speaking to LCFC TV in his first interview as a Foxes player, the 6ft 2in defender explained why he's so excited to get started with his new colleagues ahead of Saturday's clash with Chelsea.

"Obviously, it’s a massive, massive club," he said on Friday. "You look at the league table now… it doesn’t lie. The team’s where they should be, so it’s great to come in and be a part of that now.

FIRST TEAM Video published 28 mins ago Video duration 03:04

Bennett: It’s Exciting To Be A Part Of This

Deadline Day loan signing Ryan Bennett sits down with LCFC TV for his first interview since joining Leicester City.

"It’s a very, very good club. You can see the way the Club is moving in a forward direction, it’s exciting to be a part of that for the next few months.

"Obviously the forward momentum they’ve had and the new manager coming in has took them to another level.

"It’s one of those games you look at now, obviously playing against Leicester is a tough, tough game and the league table doesn’t lie over this duration.

This is just another sort of journey. Coming into a club that’s excelling in the league, it’s always nice to join a happy environment, so it’s something I’m really looking forward to.

Ryan Bennett LCFC TV

"It’s a credit to the Club, a credit to the team and also the players. I’m hearing it’s a great group of players that are in the changing room, so I can’t wait to see the boys in there."

Bennett, who has won promotion three times in his career, twice from the Sky Bet Championship and once from League 1, is also looking forward to getting to know his new team-mates. 

The authoritative centre-back revealed that Jonny Evans was among the first players he saw at Belvoir Drive on Friday, while also discussing his friendship with James Maddison.

In 2017, the pair crossed paths at Norwich City and Bennett says England midfielder Maddison is one of the people he spoke to concerning his Deadline Day loan switch to Leicester.

The 29-year-old joined the Club on Friday and discussed the 'great environment' at Belvoir Drive.

"It's exciting," he continued. "Obviously, my previous club was doing well as well, so it’s nice having two and a half years of forward momentum really.

"This is just another sort of journey. Coming into a club that’s excelling in the league, it’s always nice to join a happy environment, so it’s something I’m really looking forward to.

"I saw Jonny Evans, that’s about it, but it’s been a long day! It’s finally done, so I guess I’ll meet them probably tomorrow (Saturday) at the game, so we’ll see. 

"I get on well with Madders. He’s probably one of the first people I spoke to when I was coming here. He’s welcomed me, so I’m sure we’ll see a lot more of each other now, so it’ll be nice."

You come in, work hard every single day and see where that gets you. It’s a journey I’m looking forward to, especially to meet all the lads and get started.

Ryan Bennett LCFC TV

Bennett also spoke with Rodgers at the Club's training ground on Friday, a meeting which allowed both to become acquainted ahead of a big period in City's season.

Asked what the manager's message to him was, Bennett revealed: "Just to come in and do your best. There’s not much more to say.

"Obviously the two players who are playing in my position (Çağlar Söyüncüand Evans) are there to stay really, so it’s going to be tough.

"You come in, work hard every single day and see where that gets you. It’s a journey I’m looking forward to, especially to meet all the lads and get started."

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Bit odd from Wolves. I consider them.an outside threat for fourth. I guess they don't and have elected to strengthen us and take the money

Especially when he has played 19 games this year and why would he move?he knows he is a back up to cags and evans but seems really keen about it though.

Could be a permanent signing at end of year maybe.

Wes replacement going forward.?

Edited by womp