Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Ryan Bennett Joins On Loan

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

All I can say is thank bejeebus we didn't sign this fvcker permanently. All I will say is he is the first player I have seen to be sat down on his arse more when on pitch than when on the bench.

GTF used to walk but his arse would actually be sitting on the pitch at the same time 

21 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

All I can say is thank bejeebus we didn't sign this fvcker permanently. All I will say is he is the first player I have seen to be sat down on his arse more when on pitch than when on the bench.

Haven't you ever seen Okazaki play? O_o :P;) :D 

• Like 1

He might not be a bad player and he might go and be decent for someone else but he looked nothing like a premier league quality centre half when on the pitch for us. 

Slow, cumbersome, poor decision making, average distribution, and he gave off the impression that he wasn't really busting a gut for the cause. 

He leaves with me not knowing what his best attributes are supposed to be. 

• Like 1

I think people are being overly harsh on him and also on Rodgers for signing him. It was a last minute signing to allow Benkovic to go on loan, who else were we going to sign? 

I don't think we intended to use him but we lost both full backs and our form led to us using him. He was solid enough against Palace and Sheff utd but was exposed against Arsenal and Spurs, in games where Evans and Soyuncu were no better 

Glad we've seen sense and not signed him permanently though, we have no enough players on contracts we can't get rid of. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leicester-city/transfer-talk/news/leicester-decide-against-making-ryan-bennett-move-permanent_408157.html

A host of clubs are tracking Ryan Bennett after Leicester decided against signing the defender permanently.

The Foxes had the option to buy the centre-back for £5million but he will now return to Wolves, the PA news agency understands.

Bennett initially moved to the King Power Stadium on loan in January and made five appearances to help the Foxes finish fifth and reach the Europa League.

But with Wes Morgan and Christian Fuchs signing new contracts and Filip Benkovic returning from his loan at Bristol City to provide back-up for Caglar Soyuncu and Jonny Evans, boss Brendan Rodgers will not pursue a permanent deal.

Bennett is now on the market and is unlikely to play for Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo again despite having a year left on his deal at Molineux.

He has been at Wolves since 2017, after joining on a free transfer from Norwich, and has played 92 times – scoring three goals.

He helped them to the Championship title in 2018 and finish seventh in the Premier League last season, qualifying for the Europa League.

The 30-year-old, who started his career at Peterborough, has interest from the Sky Bet Championship and Premier League with the transfer window now open and Wolves are not expected to stand in his way.

Bennett was an unused substitute in Leicester's 2-0 defeat to Manchester United on Sunday which saw the Foxes miss out on the Champions League.

Please name the 'host of clubs' who are tracking Ryan Bennett

I don't really get how people think, he was brought in as back up last minute in case we got injuries/suspensions. 

We got injuries and suspensions he was called upon. He performed about as well as we expected in his first couple of games and was schooled against Spurs.

It was a loan, it hasn't worked out, we move on.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I don't really get how people think, he was brought in as back up last minute in case we got injuries/suspensions. 

We got injuries and suspensions he was called upon. He performed about as well as we expected in his first couple of games and was schooled against Spurs.

It was a loan, it hasn't worked out, we move on.

And we saw why Woves didn’t want him. Not good enough to play in a back 3 or 4. I’ve seen pub team players with better skills. I was hoping he was going to be good but clearly not.

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Doesn't it send alarm bells ringing with the 5 game clause? If he was decent, why would they be bothered how many games he plays.

Weird isn't it, why would we as a buying club want a clause whereby you would have the decision to buy taken away from you? 

It's as if Wolves were trying to trick us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

You've forgotten Shinji already 😭

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Please name the 'host of clubs' who are tracking Ryan Bennett

Mansfield Town

Bristol Rovers 

AFC Wimbledon 

Shepshed Dynamo

To be fair I thought he was bang average, not the total car crash some are claiming he was. If there are a host of clubs tracking him I'd imagine it's top-end Championship clubs.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

That what I was thinking. Pathetic reaction from most in here. Not sure what they were expecting?

Bobby Moore. 

Back in the early seventies I was at Upton Park and a German guy standing next to me said "That Number 6 is a fantastic player, who is he?" 

"Graham Cross mate" said I.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1