Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

2 hours ago, shanetko said:

No ta. Think we'll stick with Barnes. 

I don't mind Wilson but only think we should be interested if its a permanent signing. Like Dave says makes no sense helping Liverpool develop a player.

He plays on the other side from Barnes.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers go for Wilson, he's been public about how much he likes him as a player for a couple of years now, sticking point may be Liverpool wanting to do business with Rodgers.  All that said the sort of money Liverpool would want for him i'm not sure it'd be value at all.

1 hour ago, shanetko said:

Not seen much of him at Bournemouth. Has he played on right much?

Weirdly saw more of him at Derby. They seemed to be on tv a lot last season.

Any time i've watched him, for both Derby and Bournemouth, which admittedly is at most a dozen times all in he has played on the right cutting in onto his left foot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He plays on the other side from Barnes.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Rodgers go for Wilson, he's been public about how much he likes him as a player for a couple of years now, sticking point may be Liverpool wanting to do business with Rodgers.  All that said the sort of money Liverpool would want for him i'm not sure it'd be value at all.

Would there be a problem with Rodgers/Liverpool? Hasn't Klopp been renting his house until recently and now been bought by Klopp/Liverpool. Doesn't look like they can't do business albeit not actually football.

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Any time i've watched him, for both Derby and Bournemouth, which admittedly is at most a dozen times all in he has played on the right cutting in onto his left foot.

I’m probably suffering from a brain fade. Thought he was a left winger. Transfermarkt has him as a right winger though so I stand corrected.

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

Would there be a problem with Rodgers/Liverpool? Hasn't Klopp been renting his house until recently and now been bought by Klopp/Liverpool. Doesn't look like they can't do business albeit not actually football.

I look at the Rodgers link as positive, i'd guess Klopp sees a long future at Liverpool, so didn't see a point in continuing to rent. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Not sure how true it is but he tried to get Wilson on loan at Celtic before he went to Derby but Liverpool apparently refused to do business with him, apparently there's a bit of bad blood between Rodgers and the board after negotiating his compensation and some of Rodgers comments about the internal footballing/recruitment structure there after he'd been sacked.  Just what I heard not passing it off as fact.

Edited by henrik_62

7 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Not sure how true it is but he tried to get Wilson on loan at Celtic before he went to Derby but Liverpool apparently refused to do business with him, apparently there's a bit of bad blood between Rodgers and the board after negotiating his compensation and some of Rodgers comments about the internal footballing/recruitment structure there after he'd been sacked.  Just what I heard not passing it off as fact.

Are you seriously telling me that people from Liverpool can get a bit "touchy" if criticized or questioned ?

• Haha 4

Leicester chief claims Liverpool made £22m offer for ‘one of the best’ players he has ‘ever seen’ after scouting trip to Turkey
By Emre Sarigul -March 10, 2020

Leicester City head of recruitment Lee Congerton described Trabzonspor goalkeeper Ugurcan Cakir as being ‘one of the best’ he has ever seen in his life.

Congerton was reportedly invited to Turkish Cup semi-final clash against Fenerbahce by Trabzonspor assistant manager Eddie Newton.

The former Chelsea assistant manager worked together with Congerton for five years.

READ: Turkish league title enters the final stretch
Newton already informed the Blues about Cakir and the London based side have also scouted the 23-year-old as reported by Turkish-Football.

Local Trabzon newspaper Karadeniz Gaztesi reported Congerton as claiming that Liverpool have made a £22m offer for Cakir after waxing lyrical about the young keeper.

“He is one of the best goalkeepers [Cakir] I have seen in my life,” Congerton was quoted as saying after watching the game alongside Newton.

“I was wondering who the goalkeeper was that Liverpool offered £22 [€25m] million.”

The report claims that Chelsea are prepared to offer as much as £20m for the keeper after tracking him following being tipped off by Newton.

Trabzonspor president Ahmet Agaoglu has confirmed interest from Liverpool.

There are offers for Cakir, we continue to receive offers. It’s been said Liverpool have made an offer,” Agaoglu was quoted as saying by Turkish-Football.

“So a team that is undefeated in the Premier League wants my keeper. In other words Liverpool’s goalkeeper is in my goal.”

It now appears that Leicester City have joined the ever-growing list of teams interested in Cakir.

The 1.91m tall keeper has two international caps for Turkey and is expected to be part of the Euro 2020 squad.

Cakir has another four-years remaining on his contract but Trabzonspor are in a poor financial position and could be forced to sell key players this summer.

The Claret-Blues are currently second in the Super Lig, three points behind league leaders Basaksehir but they do have a game in hand.

https://turkish-football.com/leicester-chief-claims-liverpool-made-22m-offer-for-one-of-the-best-ugurcan-cakir-after-scouting-trip-to-turkey/

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Fact Congerton is saying this makes me take it with a dose of salt.

You are Chris Sutton and I claim my £5.

• Haha 1

Wouldn't mind bringing in Marvelous Nakamba in after Villa inevitably drop. We absolutely need to add a Wilf replacement to the squad in case he ever gets injured again. Hamza and Mendy both offer something but play different roles to Wilf. Nakamba has looked pretty good most times I've seen him and plays in a more similar manner. Must be shite playing next to Douglas Luiz though.

Ajer's agent saying today in the media he's off in the summer.  If the fee's that were spoken about last summer (£15-20m) are being offered I'd drive him to wherever he's going myself as he's regressed quite a bit this season.  Leicester should very much avoid this summer at those sort of prices if still interested.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Ajer's agent saying today in the media he's off in the summer.  If the fee's that were spoken about last summer (£15-20m) are being offered I'd drive him to wherever he's going myself as he's regressed quite a bit this season.  Leicester should very much avoid this summer at those sort of prices if still interested.

You just know he is going to be the one we go for! Maybe a straight swap for Benkovic could be good for both parties?

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You just know he is going to be the one we go for! Maybe a straight swap for Benkovic could be good for both parties?

.. just watched the obligatory YouTube video!! 

Looks composed on the ball, no real impact in the last third meaning no end product. 

Love his tackling, going to ground absolutely beautiful to watch and it was always a Benkovic trade mark move. 

I really could watch him slide tackle all night.