Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The criticism he's had for his performance against Celtic have seriously damaged his confidence. You could see it in the last old firm, the minute he got the ball, he couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Then after a free misses he was scared to shoot because he was being taunted. It culminated in him being 1 on 1 in the dying minutes were usually he would bury it but he was scared to shoot, waited for contact, dived and got sent off. 

He's a man child. People keep talking about "if God attitude changes". Hes been quoted more than once saying hes not going to change and he doesn't have an issue. 

Yeah fair enough, can’t disagree with anything you’ve said. He’s a major marmite player though. You clearly dislike him so will never rate him not even a little bit.

• Like 1

I’d have him here in a heartbeat, scores goals with average players supplying him, add in some quality for Maddison,tielmans, Barnes and a new winger he’d get 10 as vards back up! If we can get 3 strikers for next year, vardy to get 20/25 in all comps, kelechi and Morelos/Edouard 10 each we will be having another good season! I also think Barnes will score more regularly next season too and hopefully a winger can come in and score too 

13 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

On the striker front, we should go all out for Mitrovic, in my opinion. Perfect option for us. With Vardy,  Mitrovic and Iheanacho, that’s all the different styles you need. Also, he’s played with Tielemans and Praet at Anderlecht, he linked up well with Perez at Newcastle, so with that and his Premier League experience, he’ll settle at Leicester easily. He also brings tremendous arial ability which we are a little limited to up front currently, giving us another dimension when trying to break teams down, feeding of crosses from Ricardo, Chilwell, Albrighton and Maddison.

Why would Mitrovic want to come to Leicester and be Vardy's tea boy when there are surely many clubs, PL and otherwise, where he'd be an every game starter?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Why would Mitrovic want to come to Leicester and be Vardy's tea boy when there are surely many clubs, PL and otherwise, where he'd be an every game starter?

Because Vardy is coming up to 34 and probably has a year at the top of his game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

And, all being well Leicester should also have champions league, which is a major draw for players, and Vardy won’t play all the games if we are in four competitions 

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

On the striker front, we should go all out for Mitrovic, in my opinion. Perfect option for us. With Vardy,  Mitrovic and Iheanacho, that’s all the different styles you need. Also, he’s played with Tielemans and Praet at Anderlecht, he linked up well with Perez at Newcastle, so with that and his Premier League experience, he’ll settle at Leicester easily. He also brings tremendous arial ability which we are a little limited to up front currently, giving us another dimension when trying to break teams down, feeding of crosses from Ricardo, Chilwell, Albrighton and Maddison.

Imagine Mitrovic playing in a Champions League game or Man City in the Premier League.... feels like a certain Algerian striker all over again this. great stats btw...

image.png

Edited by Simoken

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Slimani didn’t work here and on paper he’s a better player than Mitrovic. Benteke didnt suit Rodgers play style at Liverpool, I don’t think we need a target man. 

Kelechi and Vardy with Perez is enough for striker in a team that play one up top. Especially if we bring in another winger and Perez drops to the bench in the summer. 

Right, so if not this coming transfer window, which is the window when we bring in (and subsequently bed in) a replacement for Vardy?

40 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Next year mate possibly, 2021 summer transfer window. I think we already could potentially have the man with Iheanacho but every top team needs two class strikers. Think Vardy still has at least 3 years left in tho of being 10+ goals a season. 

I personally think this window. To be in 4 competitions is too much to have just two strikers (ignoring Perez, who seems to be one of them that won’t cement his place as an out and out striker) I’ve not even mentioned injuries, god forbid 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Guillem Balague has apparently said that Leicester are the only club to express and interest in Coutinho.

C3EF4846-C6ED-4AF5-8E5C-09FD1AD3AD17.jpeg

11.5m for a season is worth it IMO. We signed Ghezall for 12.5m and bundled him off on loan after one season, so it would worst case be like that but with a far superior player. 

I remember him ripping us to shreds at the KP a few seasons back, the guy oozes quality. 

• Like 2

Guest Cujek
2 hours ago, whitlock said:

Guillem Balague has apparently said that Leicester are the only club to express and interest in Coutinho.

C3EF4846-C6ED-4AF5-8E5C-09FD1AD3AD17.jpeg

LOL, insane if true.

12 hours ago, Shane said:

Sorry was on about Mitrovic. He’d probably cost 20-30m, we’d be better off putting that money towards a CB/winger.

Sorry, thought that was about Coutinho.

I'd take Mitrovic at $20M, but I still don't see the appeal from his perspective.

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

11.5m for a season is worth it IMO. We signed Ghezall for 12.5m and bundled him off on loan after one season, so it would worst case be like that but with a far superior player. 

I remember him ripping us to shreds at the KP a few seasons back, the guy oozes quality. 

The only problem with this is the money.

We can afford £11.5m for a season but that comes with a compulsory purchase of £53m at the end of it. I reckon we can afford that too these days, but £11.5m on wages is over £220k per week.

If we take Coutinho accepting his entire wages on loan, he's going to want the same money when he signs permanently and we can't really argue against it because we've already kind of 'agreed' that he's worth that.

Also, once he becomes a permanent signing, if he remains on over £220k per week, that blows our wage structure completely out the water. Are we ready to let some of our other players come up to match him, or potentially pay other new star signings a similar wage?

I'd love to see Coutinho here. I think Rodgers would get the best out of him. But personally I don't think it'll happen on those terms just yet. I think we're a few years away from paying our players that kind of money.

25 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

The only problem with this is the money.

We can afford £11.5m for a season but that comes with a compulsory purchase of £53m at the end of it. I reckon we can afford that too these days, but £11.5m on wages is over £220k per week.

If we take Coutinho accepting his entire wages on loan, he's going to want the same money when he signs permanently and we can't really argue against it because we've already kind of 'agreed' that he's worth that.

Also, once he becomes a permanent signing, if he remains on over £220k per week, that blows our wage structure completely out the water. Are we ready to let some of our other players come up to match him, or potentially pay other new star signings a similar wage?

I'd love to see Coutinho here. I think Rodgers would get the best out of him. But personally I don't think it'll happen on those terms just yet. I think we're a few years away from paying our players that kind of money.

There could be a situation where we buy him, but then sell him on immediately? This player lets face it is way too good for Leicester and whilst we have said that about other players in the past (Tielemans), I think there's much less doubt about a Brazilian international that was one of the best players in the Premier League and whom Barcelona paid 140m for. It might not have worked out for him over there, but that is a bit of an odd club in the way they are structured and by all accounts he was very good for Bayern Munich, they just don't want to spend that much money on one player. If he resurrected his career here, surely one of the big boys would be in for him again.

But you are right that those wages are almost twice as much as any player gets at the moment, and I agree that we are maybe as much as 5 years away from being able to offer wages like that. You'd have to be a club who minimum is in Europe every year and more likely the Champions League every year to pay that much.

Still you'd love to see it happen! A truly fabulous player.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shane said:

I don’t think we need another striker. Vardy, Iheanacho and Perez as a versatile option is enough. 

I'd like to see a very promising 17-20 year old striker recruited (if Hirst isn't in that mould) who will get some chances in the 3 cup competitions we are likely to be involved in whenever football fully returns.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

There could be a situation where we buy him, but then sell him on immediately? This player lets face it is way too good for Leicester and whilst we have said that about other players in the past (Tielemans), I think there's much less doubt about a Brazilian international that was one of the best players in the Premier League and whom Barcelona paid 140m for. It might not have worked out for him over there, but that is a bit of an odd club in the way they are structured and by all accounts he was very good for Bayern Munich, they just don't want to spend that much money on one player. If he resurrected his career here, surely one of the big boys would be in for him again.

But you are right that those wages are almost twice as much as any player gets at the moment, and I agree that we are maybe as much as 5 years away from being able to offer wages like that. You'd have to be a club who minimum is in Europe every year and more likely the Champions League every year to pay that much.

Still you'd love to see it happen! A truly fabulous player.

He's potentially going down the route James Rodriguez has gone down and if we spent £11.5m and then £53m on him I don't think we'd ever make money on him again but i'd pay it if he would come here as he is exceptional.

• Like 1