Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

There could be a situation where we buy him, but then sell him on immediately? This player lets face it is way too good for Leicester and whilst we have said that about other players in the past (Tielemans), I think there's much less doubt about a Brazilian international that was one of the best players in the Premier League and whom Barcelona paid 140m for. It might not have worked out for him over there, but that is a bit of an odd club in the way they are structured and by all accounts he was very good for Bayern Munich, they just don't want to spend that much money on one player. If he resurrected his career here, surely one of the big boys would be in for him again.

But you are right that those wages are almost twice as much as any player gets at the moment, and I agree that we are maybe as much as 5 years away from being able to offer wages like that. You'd have to be a club who minimum is in Europe every year and more likely the Champions League every year to pay that much.

Still you'd love to see it happen! A truly fabulous player.

So we spend on one player what Bayern doesn't want to spend on one player?  I'm all for ambition, but I don't think we've come that far. lol

Coutinho would be wonderful to have - you have to laugh at people claiming he's not good enough to be in our starting 11 when he'd walk through the door as our best player.  But even if he wanted to come to LCFC (which strikes me as very unlikely but who knows, maybe his relationship with Rodgers was that good), there's no way he makes financial sense.  it's sad, but that's just the way it is.

20 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Coutinho would be wonderful to have - you have to laugh at people claiming he's not good enough to be in our starting 11 when he'd walk through the door as our best player.  But even if he wanted to come to LCFC (which strikes me as very unlikely but who knows, maybe his relationship with Rodgers was that good), there's no way he makes financial sense.  it's sad, but that's just the way it is.

You’re right, it probably doesn’t make financial sense and goes against our usual transfer policy. 

I feel we may need to have an exception to the rule with CL football next season and if we hope to really kick on. 

We’ve been very sensible in the way the club/squad has been built but we’ve been crying out for that extra quality since Mahrez left. We’ve tried our chances on the unknown quantities in the attacking end, with no fruition. Coutinho is as ready made and proven as they’ll come, and I think even £64m overall then wages on top after the first season is good value for what we’ll be getting. 

Not only will he improve our squad, it’ll improve our standing in the game. Some of the younger lads might be encouraged to stay, some transfer targets might not see us as the little underdog anymore. 

The sticking point is the wages clearly. The rest of the current squad may get pay-rises as a result (nowhere near £200k/wk). They could understand that this is a Brazilian international who’s played for Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, so long as he doesn’t come in as the ‘big I am’. Then there’s getting new signings to accept the wages that they’re worth rather than using Coutinho’s wages as a reference point. 

5 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I would take 25m

..minimum £50m.

Can't understand why anyone would accept such a derisory amount.

I know he has dropped off recently but this is just a plateau and he will kick on when the new season starts.

Like Vardy people were screaming to sell at £5m and I felt then they were wrong and I feel we would be stupid to sell at anything less than £50m.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Means nothing in this instance ......simply trawls the internet and social media for stories ,,,,,,but knows nothing 

Indy is well known as an obvious fake but I'm baffled he's accumulated such a large following including some blue ticks (Jonathan Northcroft and Eamonn Holmes are amongst his followers) !!!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tuna said:

Indy is well known as an obvious fake but I'm baffled he's accumulated such a large following including some blue ticks (Jonathan Northcroft and Eamonn Holmes are amongst his followers) !!!

It’s one of those things he was once a kfc worker spouting nonsense but now he has such a mass reach I imagine he gets dropped the odd bit of genuine gossip... 25m for Chilwell I can’t imagine is one of those though lol looks to me like he’s Looked at the headline about Chilwell and 25m then put 1+1 together and got 5... said article actually said chelsea want 25m for Emerson and Chilwell is the man fat frank likes lol 

Edited by dbtcity

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

Just read a report that Madders and Chilly have been negotiating new contracts for a while and new contract talks are beginning for Cags and Youri? All are keen to stay apparently?!

Youri would be interesting- he only signed for four years rather than the usual five ........ would be a statement .....

14 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I personally think Aubameyang is the perfect fit for Arsenal's identity. No doubt he's their best player, he's really bloody good, but I've always felt there's a flakiness to him. 

Bit of a flat track bully really, his record against top teams is terrible. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Cihilwell and Youri don’t deserve a wage hike like maybe Cags and Madders could get... but with their patchy form this season it shows they have the backing of the club for the long run and hopefully that confidence behind them will help get them back to top form 

In which case they won’t sign a new contract and in Youri’s case, the end of next season sees him with only two years left ...... will chilly be in the same boat ? 

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In which case they won’t sign a new contract and in Youri’s case, the end of next season sees him with only two years left ...... will chilly be in the same boat ? 

Why would they not sign a new contract for more money? It also shows the club have faith in them. They both need a bit of confidence and that will surely help. It also shows they want to try and keep this team together and carry on their journey.