Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

40 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Would anyone want Cantwell here? Linked with us although more heavily linked with other clubs. 

Yes, I initially thought he was a flash in the pan but the more I watch him, the more he seems to have the technical and mental ability to become a superstar. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But they don’t have to and even if they do go, we will end up paying up a large part of what we owe them on their contacts either in a lump sum or in the form of receiving a low fee on their sale (more likely)  ......

Yes quite true, But their Contracts are built into our Wage budget over the Contract lifetime. This effectively means we cannot commit to new Contracts as we have to stay within FFP. Rules.

Loaning them out is helping the accounts but not necessarily the Balance sheet as we still have the Commitment sitting there.

What usually happens is they are paid a percentage of their Contract to cancel it and move to another club.

They're sitting on the Balance sheet valued at 50 Million plus Salary Contracts of 10 to 20 Million.

They have no future here it seems so just clean up the situation by getting rid and bring in two more players who are badly needed to advance the team further.

Yes it will most likely cost us 10 to 20 million in resale value less any savings in salary. But that's the nature of the business.

We've done really well from the Maguire and Mahrez Transfers plus lesser amounts from others.

You never get them all right that's the nature of the Transfer Market. We just need to take the hit and move forward.

As the team is crying out for a couple of key signings. A big summer coming up

Cantwell is a bit more of the same, although I get the impression that he actually has a bit of grit about him.
If it were a choice between Cantwell type and Doucore type though, sorry Todd.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Is Cantwell really what we need? Another physically weak midfielder?!?

Agreed. Would only look into it if Madders went. Even then I think a steelier 10 might help the current squad 

Edited by sdb

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, I initially thought he was a flash in the pan but the more I watch him, the more he seems to have the technical and mental ability to become a superstar. 

More potential than Grealish I think. Can play as a winger too!

• Like 2

Fraser

Cantwell

Doucoure

Ake

Grealish

Mings

Maupay

All potentially great signings from relegation threatened teams. Should get them for a knock down price too if their team goes down. For the record I think Grealish will go to a bigger club than us, with Doucoure being the best signing of the lot (much needed midfield steel).

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Guest An Sionnach
39 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

More potential than Grealish I think. Can play as a winger too!

Is he the reason they let Maddison go ? He would have to be a replacement for Maddison or Tielemans , couldn't see it working otherwise.

23 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fraser

Cantwell

Doucoure

Ake

Grielish

Mings

Maupay

All potentially great signings from relegation threatened teams. Should get them for a knock down price too if their team goes down. For the record I think Grielish will go to a bigger club than us, with Doucoure being the best signing of the lot (much needed midfield steel).

Docoure and Ake from that list for me. Plus 2 of Brentford's BMW attack

26 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Docoure and Ake from that list for me. Plus 2 of Brentford's BMW attack

Just watched the Brentford highlights from yesterday. Would have loved to have played their starting 11 in the cup. So much creativity. 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Is he the reason they let Maddison go ? He would have to be a replacement for Maddison or Tielemans , couldn't see it working otherwise.

We don’t need replacements, we need a squad! It’s what we’re seriously lacking at the moment! 

Would love Pedro on a free. He’s obviously one of them (Vardy type) that keeps them selves fit. He’s obviously still got it. Plenty in the tank. Bags of experience. A position in which we need to strengthen. He’s won the lot, the lot!

Also, he’s really good mates with Perez, apparently. If we qualified for the CL this guy would be an incredible free signing.

• Like 2

I know there is currently no links for us to make a move for Harry Wilson on loan, but listening to him talk last weekend, I don't see him getting much game time at Liverpool next season, but with 7 goals this season an room for improvement, would a loan for both sides be good all round for player and both clubs to further his development, he'd have to improve being around a better squad than Bournemouth, an low risk a loan move. Thoughts? 

Why would we want to help develop other PL Team's players, if he's what we want and with an option to buy maybe but otherwise let's get our  own players and develop them.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I know there is currently no links for us to make a move for him, but listening to him talk last weekend, I don't see him getting much game time at Liverpool next season, but with 7 goals this season an room for improvement, would a loan for both sides be good all round for player and both clubs to further his development, he'd have to improve being around a better squad than Bournemouth, an low risk a loan move. Thoughts? 

No ta. Think we'll stick with Barnes. 

I don't mind Wilson but only think we should be interested if its a permanent signing. Like Dave says makes no sense helping Liverpool develop a player.

1 hour ago, shanetko said:

I don't mind Wilson but only think we should be interested if its a permanent signing. Like Dave says makes no sense helping Liverpool develop a player.

Wilson can absolutely play on the right too, though.

10 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Wilson can absolutely play on the right too, though.

Not seen much of him at Bournemouth. Has he played on right much?

Weirdly saw more of him at Derby. They seemed to be on tv a lot last season.

2 hours ago, shanetko said:

The other wing? Barnes has to start