Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

This click bait is a day early; April 1st surely is the correct date.

Ah the Daily Express beloved rag of semi- senile old men. Sainsbury's has one million unread copies held in reserve in case they run out of bog roll.

Edited by An Sionnach

I could see Coutinho coming here on loan for a season, especially if Maddison was sold. Seems like a player that desperately needs to resurrect their career and given that Rodgers was the one that turned him into a superstar it might be the only option left in town. He's on reported astronomic wages which probably only Premier League clubs (and only those in Europe) could afford. If we do end up in the Champions League next season (big if given Corona virus), then he's the sort of player you need to keep you challenging for those spots.

Most likely though it's his agent using our name to drum up interest.

Regardless it shows how much progress we made before the season stopped that we're linked to players like him instead of the usual "West Ham, Everton and Leicester linked with lower half of the league Ligue One player."

PS: Hope everyone is coping well in these trying times! Crazy days indeed.

Edited by StriderHiryu

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

To be honest, Coutinho and Telles are the only two players from that that would improve our starting 11. 

Umtiti is class as well, but never coming here and we don’t need a centre back for the starting 11 but someone who can take over from Evans after a year/2 of nurturing. 

Have we ever had a Brazilian play for us?

We’ll have various plans in place, which will dependent upon what happens with the Premier League. 

I’d like to think we’ll make 3 or 4 signings at most. 

Carvalho seems logical if I’m honest. 

Coutinho on loan would make sense. No way we pay more than £80m as a big up clause for him though. Maybe £20m-ish for a season long loan for the Champions League? 

Then another CB to replace Wes. 

We also need another central striker in my opinion. Unless we shift Perez there? 

Guest An Sionnach
4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Barkley is very over rated. I wouldn't take him on a free.

What he lacks in brain he makes up for in physicality. Gotta get a balance.