Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

8 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

What he lacks in brain he makes up for in physicality. Gotta get a balance.

Decision making is what separates good from average and I think Barkley will always be average.

On 02/04/2020 at 08:30, Sly said:

We’ll have various plans in place, which will dependent upon what happens with the Premier League. 

I’d like to think we’ll make 3 or 4 signings at most. 

Carvalho seems logical if I’m honest. 

Coutinho on loan would make sense. No way we pay more than £80m as a big up clause for him though. Maybe £20m-ish for a season long loan for the Champions League? 

Then another CB to replace Wes. 

We also need another central striker in my opinion. Unless we shift Perez there? 

image.png.06bf003c6e6660b5a52f53a18bc475f1.png

Huh? Replace Wes? Huh?

On 02/04/2020 at 08:32, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not that enthused by Carvalho tbh, can't put my finger on why.

Might be because he was perennially linked to West Ham, I've never actually seen him play.

I'm with you on this, though I have seen him play a little bit. Doesn't seem to be the quickest, either running or on the ball. Not sure if he'd fit the prem but we'll see. All paper talk atm i reckon. 

It was learned that Fenerbahce's experienced left back Hasan Ali Kaldirim, Leicester City, was one of the leaders of the English Premier League teams, where the national football player Çağlar Söyüncü also wore the jersey.

Fenerbahçe 's star player Hasan Ali sidewalk in the Premier League radar ... before West Ham United this time to come to agreement with veteran left winger stage Leicester City was the suitor. Hasan Ali Kaldirim's name was mentioned with Galatasaray the other day .

Hasan Ali Kaldirim, whose contract will end at the end of the season, is curious about his answer to the transfer offer. The 30-year-old star football player has been wearing the yellow-navy club for 8 years.

Hasan Ali Kaldirim took a total of 932 minutes in 12 games this season with Fenerbahce, but could not produce any score.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

https://www.hurriyet.com.tr/sporarena/hasan-ali-kaldirima-premier-ligden-talip-cikti-leicester-city-son-dakika-fenerbahce-transfer-haberleri-41486217

2 hours ago, Hales said:

Well I hope Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Norwich cannot compete in the next transfer window, whenever that may be. If they cannot pay their staff then they surely do not have the money to buy in that window 🤔

This actually raises a point in my head about FFP....  

Surely this year should be wrote off as  I dont think anyone will be posting a profit... would be slightly unfair to include this seasons figures. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Only 12 goals in SPL this season.. not very impressive. Been good in Europe but struggled last few months. Would be underwhelming for the money they would want

Probably only played a handful of games as most of the time he is suspended.

5 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Apparently interested in Rangers' Morelos.

https://talksport.com/football/691413/rangers-looking-for-alfredo-morelos-replacement-liverpool-striker/

Of course, the main objection to this is his temperament..

Would love him here, yes he can be a idiot at times but the lad is 23, give him time to grow.

If BR can get his head straight we could have a quilty player on our hands.

BR has worked with some nut jobs before like Suarez and got the best out of him

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Would love him here, yes he can be a idiot at times but the lad is 23, give him time to grow.

If BR can get his head straight we could have a quilty player on our hands.

BR has worked with some nut jobs before like Suarez and got the best out of him

It's not just his discipline, his bottle is questionable too. He sh!ts the bed anytime he plays against Celtic. Terrible player. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's not just his discipline, his bottle is questionable too. He sh!ts the bed anytime he plays against Celtic. Terrible player.

He’s had a few decent games against Celtic in the past 2 years but missed pen and red cards have overshadowed that. 

He’s a good player. Could easily come in and play for a West Ham/Soton and score 12-15 prem goals a season in my opinion. Don’t think he’s got the natural technical skills to go any higher than that, but he definitely has the potential. 

I like the fact he’s a nut job, harnessed properly that could be amazing. Don’t think Rangers have dealt with him particularly well to be honest, they’ve allowed him to make a twat of himself on multiple occasions and he’s no.1 public enemy and gets targeted by the entire league. 

Not that I want him, but I think Brendan would get him sorted. 

Edited by TJB-fox

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s had a few decent games against Celtic in the past 2 years but missed pen and red cards have overshadowed that. 

He’s a good player. Could easily come in and play for a West Ham/Soton and score 12-15 prem goals a season in my opinion. Don’t think he’s got the natural technical skills to go any higher than that, but he definitely has the potential. 

I like the fact he’s a nut job, harnessed properly that could be amazing. Don’t think Rangers have dealt with him particularly well to be honest, they’ve allowed him to make a twat of himself on multiple occasions and he’s no.1 public enemy and gets targeted by the entire league. 

Not that I want him, but I think Brendan would get him sorted. 

The criticism he's had for his performance against Celtic have seriously damaged his confidence. You could see it in the last old firm, the minute he got the ball, he couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Then after a free misses he was scared to shoot because he was being taunted. It culminated in him being 1 on 1 in the dying minutes were usually he would bury it but he was scared to shoot, waited for contact, dived and got sent off. 

He's a man child. People keep talking about "if God attitude changes". Hes been quoted more than once saying hes not going to change and he doesn't have an issue.