Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Man City Pre Match

For Pep it's all about rhythm. It'll be a near full strength side, ready for Madrid. Just hoping the couple he does rest are KDB and Laporte. And maybe Aguero?! 

Personally think he'll go as good as full strength and hope to win the game inside 60-70 mins. If we can be patient I think our best chance is in the last 20 when their minds turn to midweek.

Took a quick glance at the Man City fan forum (see link below), and the overriding sentiment seems to be that this weekend’s game is secondary to the coming Champion League’s game away against Real Madrid next Wednesday. Accordingly, the overwhelming majority of comments thought their best players would be rested against us or at most not play for the entire match. Several would settle for a draw, and others pointed out that even a loss would not hurt them (either on the log or the bigger picture).

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/leicester-a-pre-match-thread.344741/

1 hour ago, sdb said:

For Pep it's all about rhythm. It'll be a near full strength side, ready for Madrid. Just hoping the couple he does rest are KDB and Laporte. And maybe Aguero?! 

Personally think he'll go as good as full strength and hope to win the game inside 60-70 mins. If we can be patient I think our best chance is in the last 20 when their minds turn to midweek.

Hope not. If we set out merely to contain them, we will be hammered - and deservedly so! Once these get into a rhythm, forget it.

Guest An Sionnach

Will he play Stones? , if he does then we will get good chances to score . Its time for Jamie to snap out of this dry spell . There could well be a few goals in this one.

59 minutes ago, sdb said:

If we play them at their own game we're fooked

It’s not either-or. Doing more than simply trying to contain them for 70+ minutes is not synonymous with “playing them at their own game”. Conversely, give them the run of the park for 70+ minutes, and we will be truly forked and stuffed.

Think Sterling was a bit daft and naive in mentioning how 'great' Real Madrid are as a club..

Their defence is still quite shaky and a liability at times.

Reckon it'll be a free-flowing high-scoring game.

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Pep full of praise for Vards today 

“In the box, in the final third, he is exceptional. He is one of the best strikers I have ever seen”

well we know who’s ear he’s going to be in at full time this year 

I don’t think Pep wants to sign Vardy. 

36 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

A performance tomorrow that gains any points will be incredible.

I doubt we’ll get one - but if it means young players getting experience losing a pressing game that next year we might win, rather than going back to 3 DCM’s to steal a lucky tactical win.... I’m cool. 

We’re not Man City - we are work in progress. I’d rather play the right way and lose than play in a manner that doesn’t develop the squad.

Cuntraversial, I know - but there it is! Win in the right way or die trying - no lessons are learnt from any other way and BR knows it.

That’s a good argument but we’re at a point in the season where we need to pick up points, even if we play to counter the opposition.