Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Man City Pre Match

4 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

@FIF no idea why you have put a laughing emoji but a discussion board is for discussing points. What part of my post is funny? How do you justify that opinion with evidence?

Laughing emojis are for when you think something is funny, like thumbs up are for when you agree. It saves making a pointless post saying I agree or that's funny. I found two parts of your post funny and if they weren't intentional they say more about your "love" for sharky than needs to be discussed.

Albrighton hasn't been fantastic during 2020 (in my opinion) so that was quite funny. And he certainly made no difference at all in the Wolves game. Ran around like a headless chicken and made a few mistakes. 

Love the guy but he's past it at the level we need which is clearly shown by his lack of playing time.

More I think about this game, and the game where we saw Chillwell having a continuous headache with Mahrez and De Bruyne running the show, the more I remember how we created this issue by being unable to get the ball out of our own half (save the Vardy goal break away and a few other infrequent instances). 

I think if we set up to defend we set up to invite the same pressure again.

Rather than 5 at the back I'd be asking a midfield 3 and when needed some of those in forward positions to help out at times, but also try to offer a route forward.

Man City will play a high line and there will be opportunity to exploit that if we can hit them on a counter attack.

I'd be tempted to try this out:- a 4-3-3 formation - possibly even swapping Tielmans and Maddison roles around for this one -if you watch Maddison he's getting good at getting dug in defensively and getting into those spaces in the middle when we have the ball, while Tielemans, given that extra half a second has that killer through ball in him.

Kasper

Chilwell

Soyuncu 

Evans 

Richardo

Maddison 

Ndidi

Tielemans 

Barnes 

Vardy

Inheachio 

A big part of me thinks Praet could be useful in this type of game but I cant fit him in to this formation, perhaps if we score early again, but otherwise this isn't working it allows us to take a front man off and still have 2 men as a focal point to stop the one way traffic.

Just a different way of looking at things other than the defensive formations most seem to be suggesting.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Laughing emojis are for when you think something is funny, like thumbs up are for when you agree. It saves making a pointless post saying I agree or that's funny. I found two parts of your post funny and if they weren't intentional they say more about your "love" for sharky than needs to be discussed.

Albrighton hasn't been fantastic during 2020 (in my opinion) so that was quite funny. And he certainly made no difference at all in the Wolves game. Ran around like a headless chicken and made a few mistakes. 

Love the guy but he's past it at the level we need which is clearly shown by his lack of playing time.

Only slightly ignorant in your reply there pal. 

You clearly watched a different game. 👍🤔

6 hours ago, FIF said:

Interesting sighting of Amartey in this thread.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Last seen at private hospital in Oadby wearing a cast on his ankle .... but no mention that he isn’t fit ...... I’m confused ........

Aha, ive not read the whole thread but came on here to suggest Amartey as an option, if fit! 

He’s adequate as a DM and adds some height/physicality. But where is he?! 

Most likely result is they scorch us again. They're simply much better - it really comes down to whether they're motivated or not, and if there's any PL match they should be motivated for it's us.  But if they don't turn up you have to take advantage, and the best way to do that is with a lineup suited to the quick counterattacks MC is vulnerable against.

Kasper 

James   Evans   Souyuncu     Chilwell 

Tielemans  Ndidi ( Preat if Ndidi inj )

Ricardo                                  Barnes 

Maddison 

Vardy 

Hoping we turn up for this one give a ballsy display need to limit the likes of Mahrez and co time on the ball bully them hit them hard I can see us beating them   2-0  

image.png

Edited by justfoxes

On 15/02/2020 at 16:35, SO1 said:

The magic word is faster. Moving the ball sideways and backwards creates space. We have to do it faster and with tighter triangles so we can get through their midfield.

Sometimes I long for Tika taka football to get us through the tough spots when our play is so slow. Less thinking and more instinct. Faster

Simply put, this = us at our best.

The downside is the slower version has resulted in draining confidence and they look incapable of picking a pass at their worst (which also simply put is the same tactics but slower = us at our "worst" )

They won’t be putting out their strongest 11, with Real Madrid on the horizon and the potential two seasons ban, they will want to win the CL this season, so don’t be surprised if the likes of Fernandinho, KDB, Mahrez, Aguaro and Stirling are all missing. 

A good opportunity for us to get back on track and lift the confidence with a win. 

I’m going 3-0 Leicester, all aboard the positive train. 

Surely very very few of the players who played against west ham will play against us - at least those who are going to be playing in the CL. 

So looks like we might not have to face De Bruyne or Aguerro. 

53 minutes ago, FIF said:

Surely very very few of the players who played against west ham will play against us - at least those who are going to be playing in the CL. 

So looks like we might not have to face De Bruyne or Aguerro. 

I wouldn't bet on that.

It's difficult to see past 5 at the back for this game given what happened at the Etihad. 

Kasp

Evan's     Bennett   Soyuncu

Ricardo                                           Chillwell

Tielemans      Ndidi

Maddison

Nacho            vardy

• Like 1