Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Man City Pre Match

Hope the players AND the fanfare up for this. Need to get some good chants going for the cheating money laundering cash infused tossers....if they give us the usual stick about Ranieri...let's give it back with interest....

• Like 1

First game in a long time where I simply do not know what to think. Can go either way and I keep changing my mind every hour. We're either in for a hiding or a new system will be our "plan b without Ndidi" saviour. I hope BR has a "go big or go home" attitude with this one, to me it's a bit of a free hit in a strange kind of way. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Surely it’s got to be...

The Leicester’s going Europe and Riyads staying at home.

Funny but they'll just come back with "he's won more than you" or "he left cause you're shit".

Wonder how long it'll be before they start with "you stabbed him in the back". Absolute weird fanbase them lot.

I just hope the players are up for this and give it their best shot. Especially Vardy needs to get back into the swing of things, I want him to score against Manchester City so bad.

Just don't repeat the performance away from home, where we took the lead and then crumbled big time (Mahrez vs. Chilwell, say no more).

I do also hope our midfield shows up again, it's been missing for a while now.

Maybe we can profit from a bit of dressing room unrest at Manchester City, with talks about a European ban and Sterling potentially leaving among others.

Edited by MC Prussian

.. the concensus is that we will go three at the back, with Bennett joining Soyuncu and Evans.!!

I hope this might just give us the stability and confidence we have lacked beating the press. Praet will be a pretty important cog in this game and I would like him to sit and be the mainstay of the midfield with either Tielemans or Maddison pulling the strings beside him. 

Nacho and Barnes central further forward and Vardy upfront. 

Manchester City will not be sitting back and moving the ball quickly through midfield to Vardy has always found them struggling to contain him. Kompany has been lucky not to receive a red on two occasions and I do not think they are any better with their existing personnel. 

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. the concensus is that we will go three at the back, with Bennett joining Soyuncu and Evans.!!

I hope this might just give us the stability and confidence we have lacked beating the press. Praet will be a pretty important cog in this game and I would like him to sit and be the mainstay of the midfield with either Tielemans or Maddison pulling the strings beside him. 

Nacho and Barnes central further forward and Vardy upfront. 

Manchester City will not be sitting back and moving the ball quickly through midfield to Vardy has always found them struggling to contain him. Kompany has been lucky not to receive a red on two occasions and I do not think they are any better with their existing personnel. 

Although Laporte is back and has seemingly given them a bit of stability back, but yes Vards on his A game will still cause them lots of problems. Let's hope he finds his mojo back! 

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

We don't fare well against the better technical teams so can't see past them controlling the game, us struggling to keep possession and continually hoofballing up the pitch to Vardy who will have three players on him straight away.

A loss today unfortunately. 

Plenty of room for Barnes then.

Gonna be hard for us to do much with N'didi missing. Just too important for us to be missing against a team like Man City.

I would gladly accept a point tonight and to get through without injuries.

The rest of the team would have to play out of their skin a la December 2016 to get something out of it. Would be massive to get a result today all the same. Could start the European Party in the city tonight. 

Edited by Blue ROI

Please, please, please can we just give it ago today.

For whatever reason against the 'top' teams or in our big games this season we've been far too passive, defensive, arguably scared, you could even point the finger at players not turning up in these games for some bizarre reason - you'd think they'd be up for it, proving their worth in these type of games, instead they go hiding with tails between legs.

You could make accusations we've been far too passive in a majority of our games since November/December time, but against the 'top' teams and our big games this season more so.

Please just give it ago, rough them up.

God I hate this passive shite and Man City/Pep are the kings of it. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

What I don't understand is why so many people insist on the style, there is a time and a place for it but some people think it's the be all and end all and you simply cannot mix it up or play in other styles.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I just hope the players are up for this and give it their best shot. Especially Vardy needs to get back into the swing of things, I want him to score against Manchester City so bad.

Just don't repeat the performance away from home, where we took the lead and then crumbled big time (Mahrez vs. Chilwell, say no more).

I do also hope our midfield shows up again, it's been missing for a while now.

Maybe we can profit from a bit of dressing room unrest at Manchester City, with talks about a European ban and Sterling potentially leaving among others.

In fairness to him, it was more like Chilwell vs Marhez and DeBruyne.