Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Man City Pre Match

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

There's surely got to be one real statement performance and result against a rival this season, pinning my hopes on it being this game.

I hope so. But surely BR has to do something tactically to throw Man City. I fear teams have read the book on us now and have figured out how to play against us.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, les-tah said:

They can’t win the league. They can’t play champions league next year.  So they literally might aswell save all their players for Real Madrid and I mean literally every Key starter player that’s in the 11. 

they have nothing to gain by beating us and everything to lose if someone is injured for their last champions league game in a few years potentially.

That's not the way Pep rolls, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

To give them longer off. Why would they rest them vs. the team in 3rd place? WHU are a shambles and they could field about 4 reserves and still easily beat them. Heck, we put a reserve 11 out and still beat themlol

Because whether they finish 2nd or 3rd is irrelevant, CL is their season objective now.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Because whether they finish 2nd or 3rd is irrelevant, CL is their season objective now.

Definitely not. There's a good chance they could appeal that and they'll be allowed back in, pointless throwing the league away without it being confirmed (although even if they win another 4 games they should have CL secured)

Despite our magnificent season, perhaps one of the remaining question is our ability to beat the better teams in the league. City knew that they could bully us if they targeted the left-hand side and Mahrez alongside KDB taught Chilwell a few lessons that evening. I'd personally feel a lot more confident with Fuchs there, but doubt this will be the case.

Think this will be a comfortable loss sadly, 2 or 3 nil to them. Not necessarily because we'll play badly but more because they are very good and I think will be seething after the UEFA decision. Mahrez had Chilwell on toast at the Etihad so that will be the area of concern. 

Knowing Brendan he will set us out to have a go, but they will likely punish us for it. Hope I’m wrong though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Definitely not. There's a good chance they could appeal that and they'll be allowed back in, pointless throwing the league away without it being confirmed (although even if they win another 4 games they should have CL secured)

They are going to finish top 4 no matter what, which gives them CL league, whether the 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

CL is their season now.....

1 hour ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Despite our magnificent season, perhaps one of the remaining question is our ability to beat the better teams in the league. City knew that they could bully us if they targeted the left-hand side and Mahrez alongside KDB taught Chilwell a few lessons that evening. I'd personally feel a lot more confident with Fuchs there, but doubt this will be the case.

Chilwell was left exposed, sometimes he had to cover bother of them as Barnes was nowhere to be seen. It was crying out for Choudhury and different tactics but Rodgers for me got his team selection wrong and didn't seem to have any tactics! I was there and Man City could and should have scored a hatful. Fuchs in the same formation, particularly if without Ndidi, would make no difference whatsoever. 

Pep will be more worried about rust than fatigue after a two-week break, unfortunately.  Maybe if we're lucky he'll decide to make sure everyone plays one time between the West Ham game and our game, but I suspect we'll see 8-9 regulars lining up against us.

There's a lot of discussion about Man City rotating/prioritising. Ultimately we've gotta go high tempo on them and see if they like running after us for bit. We will see then how much they are prioritising. 

But if we stand off and be submissive, they will find their pattern.

I'd play something like 5-3-2; Barnes support Vardy in attack for counter attacks. Three in midfield to crowd it out. Three at back to support wing backs in overlaps. 

• Like 2

Expecting a tonking, think we need a bit of a re-think on tactics as the football has been yielding some dull performances in places. Fear this game is going to be about damage limitation though, that said I'd look at getting 3 in the back so we have enough defensive cover. It was highlighted that a contributing factor for us conceding was our full-backs losing their man, perhaps we're asking too much of them going forward, and not supplying the support they need for defending.

Man City are bearable, we showed that under Puel and even under Rodgers the away game last season we kept the quite comfortably at bay until the Kompany screamer and should have equalised through Iheanacho. 

Man City were very good against us before Christmas and they could have got 5 or 6 but we also missed some chances so the one thing that is a likely given is we'll get opportunities and we have to take them. 

I am not usually an advocate of anything other than 4-1-4-1 but we need to frustrate them and have pace to move the ball when we get a chance.

3-4-1-2

Kasper

Soyuncu

Evans 

Bennett

Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

Ricardo

Maddison

Vardy

Barnes

• Like 4

Just win. Please! 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Man City are bearable, we showed that under Puel and even under Rodgers the away game last season we kept the quite comfortably at bay until the Kompany screamer and should have equalised through Iheanacho. 

Man City were very good against us before Christmas and they could have got 5 or 6 but we also missed some chances so the one thing that is a likely given is we'll get opportunities and we have to take them. 

I am not usually an advocate of anything other than 4-1-4-1 but we need to frustrate them and have pace to move the ball when we get a chance.

3-4-1-2

Kasper

Soyuncu

Evans 

Bennett

Chilwell

Ndidi

Tielemans

Ricardo

Maddison

Vardy

Barnes

That's what I'd go with. Maybe with Fuchs if a shift is needed at some point. Agree with the game plan. We can't outplay man city. 

• Like 1

Hard to be massively excited for this, no idea what Rodgers does, but the players rarely look like they have any belief in themselves before we play bigger teams.

Based on recent evidence, I'm expecting a weird change in formation that suits Man City and allows them to exploit an obvious weakness. It'll then take Rodgers either a few goals or 70 minutes to rectify the issue.

Come Saturday afternoon though I'll have forgot all that and have 100% faith that Rodgers will finally get it right :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach

As always for me not leaving Aguero with any clear chance is key . He is one of the best strikers I have ever seen . I would not expect Rodgers to set up the same as the last match . We need to vary our tactics and not be predictable . Long balls can beat the press so I would go with Vardy and Barnes.

15 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Didn’t Pep say after the last game their entire game plan was all about bypassing Ndidi and switching the ball out to the flanks quickly? 

I think 5 at the back is the only solution for this game, we can’t leave Chillwell 1v1 with Mahrez again. 

Completely agree.

Then add five in midfield.

And two up front.

🙏

• Like 1