Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc-1992

Man City Pre Match

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Paul Tierney in charge. 

100% record with him this season. 2-1 against Spurs and 2-0 against Palace. 

Jon Moss 4th official. David Coote VAR ref did both our games against West Ham. 

Looking forward to seeing Jon Moss looking stony faced in the background as Kelechi scores a last minute winner again.

• Like 1

I'd take a point in this one. The CL ban has the potential to ruin morale for Man City, and they might rest players with Madrid in mind, but I'm sure it will be a tough game no matter what.

Looking at the table and our fixtures, I think we can look forward to getting back on form soon. We've not really been firing on all cylinders for a while now, but I really don't think we're far off. We're still in a great position, and I think we've got a lot of excellent chances to play ourselves back into form starting straight after this match.

I reckon around 65 points should be the target, and that means 4 wins and a few draws will probably do it. From 12 remaining matches, we should be pretty confident of getting that to finish top 4.

On 15/02/2020 at 09:16, TrentFox said:

Schmeichel

Bennett    Evans   Soyuncu 

Ricardo                                    Chilwell  

Tielemans  Maddison  Praet  

Perez   Vardy 

On 15/02/2020 at 09:46, MGLCFC said:

Might go Nacho instead of Perez, but otherwise top team

Drop Barnes -  our most in form player???

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He didn’t look in form last Friday and at their place, the game passed him and Pérez by (yes I know he played the assist for vards) 

Ok…. I didn’t watch last Friday in my defence…. (Don’t ask!)

i was going off the two matches prior to that…

All this talk about the match not mattering because of the ban et al is well and good (even if I don't buy it). But if there was any one league match Pep had reason to treat seriously, it's this one.  We're the one side MC is in direct competition with in the table.

I would really like to see Kelechi out there - just have the feeling he'd pop one against his old club.  He's been in great form and gotten too little reward for it.  Better form than Vardy to be sure, though personally I'd go 3-5-2, play them both and bag the wingers for this one.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guybino said:

Not a direct dig at Chilwell, but didn't we learn anything from the last game Vs Manc?

We can't just pretend it didn't happen! If I remember correctly people were saying Barnes wasn't giving him enough cover, so what's the solution?

Albrighton cloned for both sides. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Guybino said:

Not a direct dig at Chilwell, but didn't we learn anything from the last game Vs Manc?

We can't just pretend it didn't happen! If I remember correctly people were saying Barnes wasn't giving him enough cover, so what's the solution?

Aggression, Mahrez doesn’t like it up him, play Fuchs 

• Like 1

Can't believe people are suggesting Fuchs instead of Chilwell. Yes Chilwell was well beaten in the first match, that was because he had to defend both De Bruyne and Mahrez. Barnes was hopeless helping out in defence and although he has improved recently he still can't be counted on to defend. Mahrez or De Bruyne alone are too good for present day Fuchs - stop living in the past. 

Similarly the calls for Albrighton instead of Perez/Barnes, he was a great defensive cover but he's lost that ability this year. 

It's time to accept the old boys are on their last legs.

Perez should be dropped though and Iheanacho should be in.

Interesting sighting of Amartey in this thread.

Think we have to go 5 at the back with either Fuchs the left sided defender or Bennett the right sided one and Evans and Soyuncu shifted left. De bruyne and Mahrez outnumbered Chilwell last time so we have to stop that this time round, and Barnes and Vardy played a great counter attack last time which really was our only bright spark in that game which led to our goal, so I'd have those two up front. Having no Wilf is probably forcing our hand into playing 5 at the back. 

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Can't believe people are suggesting Fuchs instead of Chilwell. Yes Chilwell was well beaten in the first match, that was because he had to defend both De Bruyne and Mahrez. Barnes was hopeless helping out in defence and although he has improved recently he still can't be counted on to defend. Mahrez or De Bruyne alone are too good for present day Fuchs - stop living in the past. 

Similarly the calls for Albrighton instead of Perez/Barnes, he was a great defensive cover but he's lost that ability this year. 

It's time to accept the old boys are on their last legs.

Perez should be dropped though and Iheanacho should be in.

Interesting sighting of Amartey in this thread.

Albrighton was fantastic in our game the other day at winning the ball back. Helped us to keep a clean sheet Vs Wolves. Especially after the sending off. 

Albrighton for Barnes. Protect Chilly. It'll give Chilly more freedom to bomb forward too.