Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best city for a night out in UK or Ireland

Best City for a night out in the UK and Ireland?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which city provides the best night out in UK or Ireland?

• London
    • Dublin
    • Cardiff
    • Edinburgh
    • Newcastle
    • Manchester
    • Bristol
    • Nottingham
    • Leeds
    • Sheffield
    • Birmingham
    • Glasgow
    • Liverpool
    • Other - please state

Can't believe how many people said London. All the pubs close about half ten!

Had some great pints in Leeds the other Saturday. Whitelock's and the new (think it's new?) Thornbridge gaff by the station, the Banker's Cat, very much deliver. Like Belfast, I like how a lot of boozers there are down side streets and little jitties.

• Like 1

It’s been a while for me, although I always like Newcastle. I thought Cardiff was great, albeit I’ve only ever been when the rugby is on. 

Liverpool, Manchester etc are very good as people have said. 

I always felt uneasy in the likes of Birmingham, Blackpool and Belfast. Not quite as bad as Omagh though, where I once attempted to have a night out. 

London can be hit and miss, depending on where you go.  I’ve had some good nights, terrible nights and outright weird nights. My most recent venture, was an awards ceremony and vaguely remember ending up playing table tennis at 03:00 AM in a Gentlemen’s club. 

9 hours ago, Scotch said:

Weirdly enough, one of the best weekends I've had away was in Preston. 

My missus is from there and can't see why anyone would rate it, either as a night out or a city in general, but I've always enjoyed myself when out there. Has some decent cool bars if I'm out with her and excellent proper boozers if I'm on a day sesh with her stepdad.

• Like 1

Bristol…. By a bit

Clifton and the parks are ace…. Stunning architecture 

Some great food and restaurants and some very cool bars like milk thistle (speakeasy)

Quite a hippy vibe and they don’t like slave traders!

Highly amusing accent too!

11 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Bristol…. By a bit

Some great food and restaurants and some very cool bars like milk thistle (speakeasy)

Been meaning to go to Bristol for a long time now. Was told once it had a Manchester type vibe.

Went to Bristol for NYE 2019 and it was shite, got a recommended a couple places and there were pretty crap. Probably a bad representation of the place but I’ve not had many worse nights out lol 

20 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Went to Bristol for NYE 2019 and it was shite, got a recommended a couple places and there were pretty crap. Probably a bad representation of the place but I’ve not had many worse nights out lol 

If you don't mind me asking where did you end up going. By the waterfront in the centre perchance? 

4 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

If you don't mind me asking where did you end up going. By the waterfront in the centre perchance? 

May well of been! I don’t think I saw the best of the city tbf, was a bit of a shame cos I doubt it’s bad as the night I had.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Bristol…. By a bit

Agree with all that. I often think with Bristol the best nights out are away from the city centre and depends on the vibe you're after. You reference Clifton and I'd probably add North Street and Stokes Croft / Gloucester Road into the mix. Totally different vibe but great selection of places.

If you are looking more central I'd always suggest Wapping Wharf, King St and around Finzels Reach as cracking options. 

Avoid the Waterfront though (well Lloyds Bar, Pitcher and Piano, BSB side anyway!) 

Edited by Brizzle Fox
  • Like 2

In my younger years used to love Manchester and Leeds. Everyone just aways seemed up for having a great time, were cool as **** and non-judgemental. Some cracking clubs. pubs and bars as well. 

This was in the 90s however so they both might be shite now for all I know! 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Yep, checks out

I don’t know why. 

I can’t explain it. 

I’ve just sat and watched all of that in a degree of stunned silence. 

12 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Been meaning to go to Bristol for a long time now. Was told once it had a Manchester type vibe.

With the type of pubs yes. Locals are sound and can be a bit rough around the edges. Other times it feels like London by the Avon with Mummie and Daddie paying for everyone’s drinks 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Was out in Bristol last night. King Street is surely one of the best streets for boozing in the country?

Only managed to do four of the pubs (plus a couple between our hotel and there) but will try and complete the set tonight.

Yeah it's superb - great in the sun with the open square too 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Me and my mates are doing London for the first time in November (international break weekend). Never been for a night out before so no idea where to even head given how big the place is.

In recent years the London days I've enjoyed the most is a crawl along various Thameside pubs from Limehouse to Tower Hill, and also Camden Town.

Make it a day sesh though. Whole city it shite after about 10 at night.

• Like 1