Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best city for a night out in UK or Ireland

Best City for a night out in the UK and Ireland?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which city provides the best night out in UK or Ireland?

• London
    • Dublin
    • Cardiff
    • Edinburgh
    • Newcastle
    • Manchester
    • Bristol
    • Nottingham
    • Leeds
    • Sheffield
    • Birmingham
    • Glasgow
    • Liverpool
    • Other - please state

13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Hi guys this isn’t related to UK but prob the best thread to ask. Where is good for a European stag do? We don’t want anything mental just a good city for pubs and bars. Thinking either Amsterdam or Munich. 

Hamburg is a great place for a stag do. Definitely one to consider 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Been to Hamburg before so probably won’t go there again. 

At the risk of being an absolute basic bitch (although tbf you did suggest Amsterdam) have you done Prague before? 

I know it's a bit cliché for a stag but it's a beautiful city, we found some fantastic food there and the beer is both cheap af and also great quality. 

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

At the risk of being an absolute basic bitch (although tbf you did suggest Amsterdam) have you done Prague before? 

I know it's a bit cliché for a stag but it's a beautiful city, we found some fantastic food there and the beer is both cheap af and also great quality. 

No but good shout will mention that 

• Like 1

On 29/08/2022 at 18:55, Unabomber said:

Hi guys this isn’t related to UK but prob the best thread to ask. Where is good for a European stag do? We don’t want anything mental just a good city for pubs and bars. Thinking either Amsterdam or Munich. 

Bruges is excellent. Krakow is great too & not expensive. 
Belfast gets rave reviews, never been, but plan to next year. 

On 30/08/2022 at 14:56, RowlattsFox said:

Its on my potential list for a few days with Mrs in March next year? Would you recommend? 

Take her down the Reeperbahn she'll love it, I had a wild night there on a stag and can only remember parts of it. Sensational stuff

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Any Glasgow pub recommendations for me? Going in a couple of weeks and have a few places earmarked to drag the missus to, but always enjoy a second opinion from FT's connoisseurs of good boozers.

I used to do midweek trips for work regularly but that was 5/6 years ago. Very lively city any day of the week.

The one place I always returned to was a smokehouse with craft beers called The Raven. No idea if still around. Can't remember many other places unfortunately.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I used to do midweek trips for work regularly but that was 5/6 years ago. Very lively city any day of the week.

The one place I always returned to was a smokehouse with craft beers called The Raven. No idea if still around. Can't remember many other places unfortunately.

Yeah, clocked The Raven as it's near our hotel. Will be visiting at some point.

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Any Glasgow pub recommendations for me? Going in a couple of weeks and have a few places earmarked to drag the missus to, but always enjoy a second opinion from FT's connoisseurs of good boozers.

Depends on what you are after. 

Old fashioned city centre boozers: Admiral, Horseshoe, Rhoderick Dhu.

Perhaps better if you have the Mrs to walk to the Merchant City. Plenty of bars and restaurants round the Bell St, Albion St area.  

Maggie Mays used to be lively Saturday T time including live music. 

If you aren't far from the Raven, my favourite restaurant is Chaakoo Bombay Cafe. 

To be honest, you can't go wrong in the city centre. Stay away from the usual chain pubs and you'll have a great time. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Off to Nottingham before Christmas with my brother and old man. Never actually been to many pubs there but heard it’s good. Does anyone have any recommendations please for pubs and places to eat?

Definitely pay a visit to the Canal House.