Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best city for a night out in UK or Ireland

Best City for a night out in the UK and Ireland?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which city provides the best night out in UK or Ireland?

• London
    • Dublin
    • Cardiff
    • Edinburgh
    • Newcastle
    • Manchester
    • Bristol
    • Nottingham
    • Leeds
    • Sheffield
    • Birmingham
    • Glasgow
    • Liverpool
    • Other - please state

Liverpool/Manchester top two any order. 

Leeds close third, followed by Sheffield.

After that as Miquel said, Leicester never feels unsafe and decent boozers so would probably be my fifth pick, then probably Nottingham. 

I agree with Scouse anything south of Northampton is shite. Either too expensive or just devoid of any atmosphere or decent drinking culture. I heard rave reviews about Bristol but it was full of nobhead students who clearly have daddy & mumsy pay for their Palace and Supreme clobber but still dress and act like scruffs.

Can’t comment on Newcastle or Scotland, never been out up there. 

Sounds weird as fook but I’ve had some sensational nights out in Bangor up in North Wales. Proper North Wales town with the big student population keeping all the pubs and bars open and brilliant sights on the drive over. Company probably helped and the hills are a bastard, but always a special mention for me.

Most of London is ****ing class if you hate yourself inordinately. If you don't, most of it is dreadful. 

Edinburgh is wank outside of the Fringe and slightly less wank during the Fringe. 

Manchester is just a northern Essex, full of Love Island wannabes. 

Newcastle is fairly sound, Bristol is decent but I'd go with Leeds, got the perfect balance of everything for everyone. 

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Would love to know who the five people who voted Nottingham are and why. I live here and it's a decent city full of absolute tossers. Give me Leicester's best bars / pubs anyday. 

mad how wrong literally everyone on here always is about everything imho 

On 29/02/2020 at 18:33, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Would love to know who the five people who voted Nottingham are and why. I live here and it's a decent city full of absolute tossers. Give me Leicester's best bars / pubs anyday. 

Not been out there for a few years but it was excellent every time I did. 
I doubt there’s any higher tosser to person ratio there than there is here. Even though that’s apparently blasphemy to not ‘8 all Forest Cov and Derbeh scum’.

On 26/02/2020 at 10:23, RoboFox said:

Never mind cities... Market Harborough? Northampton? 

Sugar Loaf followed by Enigma on a Saturday night? Guaranteed kick off by some pissed up gammons at closing time?

Being chased up Gold Street when I was 18 by a half-naked bloke flailing his belt around his head and trying to lasso us like a fvcking cowboy just because he thought (wrongly) that we'd skipped in front of him in the queue for a kebab at Milleniums?

Classic nights out. Good times, man.

(absolutely fvcking bleak shitholes)

Never really saw too much beef outside Enigma when it was still going. Seems scraps in Harborough have become more regular since the Kings got the monopoly on post-midnight "clubbing" (if you can call it that).

As for N'ampton, I can't seem to find my night out story from there I posted on here a few years ago so I'll have to type it out again:

Went out there pre-Christmas with a few mates and saw a bit of aggro in Bridge Street (shock) - one bloke in a penguin Christmas jumper against a couple in other Christmas jumpers. The penguin bloke properly slugged the girl of the couple and she took the chinning like Carl Froch, barely even registered. Her boyfriend then smashes the guy back in the face and shouts at the top of his voice: "RIGHT, YOU AND YER PENGUIN - FVCK OFF!" lol

Edited by Voll Blau

1 hour ago, shanetko said:

Not been out there for a few years but it was excellent every time I did. 
I doubt there’s any higher tosser to person ratio there than there is here. Even though that’s apparently blasphemy to not ‘8 all Forest Cov and Derbeh scum’.

There definitely is a higher ratio, I couldn't care what football side they support, arseholes are arseholes.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

There definitely is a higher ratio, I couldn't care what football side they support, arseholes are arseholes.   

Does Nottingham have a higher proportion of bald blokes than elsewhere in the UK as far as you've observed?

I swear whenever I see clips of Forest fans on social media they're always bald.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Fair enough. Your opinion. Our club and city is full of judgmental arseholes to be fair. Thankfully outweighed by the good.

Edited by shanetko

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Looking for good bar & food recommendations for Liverpool? Already got the Baltic triangle noted down thanks @ScouseFox 

Been a while since I’ve been over. Leaf on Bold Street is good. There used to be a place called Bier (or something like that) down there too but that might have gone. There’s also a pub just by there called Fly in the Loaf which I liked. Kazimere Garden was cool when I visited. Eaten at a place called George’s kitchen. That was nice. Nice tapas place opposite there too. 

The Beehive and The Blob if you see them. 

Edited by Manini

27 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Looking for good bar & food recommendations for Liverpool? Already got the Baltic triangle noted down thanks @ScouseFox 

My mate owns Maray in liverpool which is a great place for food and cocktails. They’ve just opened a new pub called the one o’clock gun you should check that out. Looks a good spot at the docks.

Edited by Unabomber

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

My mate owns Maray in liverpool which is a great place for food and cocktails. They’ve just opened a new pub called the one o’clock gun you just check that out. Looks a good spot at the docks.

Just came back in to say Maray. Tell your mate he’s good at what he does. 

• Like 2