Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best city for a night out in UK or Ireland

Best City for a night out in the UK and Ireland?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which city provides the best night out in UK or Ireland?

• London
    • Dublin
    • Cardiff
    • Edinburgh
    • Newcastle
    • Manchester
    • Bristol
    • Nottingham
    • Leeds
    • Sheffield
    • Birmingham
    • Glasgow
    • Liverpool
    • Other - please state

London gets a bad rep because of how expensive it is compared to rest of the other big cities but find the right places and you can have a very decent night out.

Having said that, think the best nights out/weekends I had was in Newcastle & Leeds. Hard to choose but went for the former.

Manchester & Liverpool are quality too. 

• Like 3

Manchester is good in the day, I don’t rate it at night time. Liverpool is good in the night but I don’t rate it in the day (town anyway, boozers in suburbs are good). 

Leeds is good both day and night, and it’s arguably getting better. Slightly biased but it’s Leeds for me overall. 

London,hands down..!!  It has simply everything,in every nook and cranny,around every Corner und Side street,

or outside openly  shining bright braggingly proud..!!

Love it of hate it politically, some places over expensive,the interested in  London ,exclusive,quiet,brash ,in between person ,would also find the Not so expensive "gaffs" gigs and Layed back haunts.

Nothing touches London... 

Though to be fair a City with a wide spread geograhically..!!

• Like 1

Glasgow, Dublin, Belfast, Manchester and Newcastle score highly.

Edinburgh's pub crawls score very highly, and I say that as someone who moved out of Edinburgh in the late nineties and dislikes their public school tie rugger bugger types.  

Worst night out ever in the UK was West Bromwich.  A menacing series of sparsely attended pubs which smelled of urine.  The main drag was like Cold War Steve's pictures come to life. Shudder.

• Haha 4

liverpool is superb in the day now the baltic market is doing its thing. it shits all over manchester for pretty much everything, days, nights, people, venues, prices. 

manchester is about 6 quid a pint and it’s fu cking full of people who care more about instagram than having fun. 

leeds is good. 

anywhere down south is shit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

liverpool is superb in the day now the baltic market is doing its thing. it shits all over manchester for pretty much everything, days, nights, people, venues, prices. 

manchester is about 6 quid a pint and it’s fu cking full of people who care more about instagram than having fun. 

leeds is good. 

anywhere down south is shit. 

I mean who needs trip advisor when you’ve got expert reviews like this :D

• Haha 2