Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best city for a night out in UK or Ireland

Best City for a night out in the UK and Ireland?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which city provides the best night out in UK or Ireland?

• London
    • Dublin
    • Cardiff
    • Edinburgh
    • Newcastle
    • Manchester
    • Bristol
    • Nottingham
    • Leeds
    • Sheffield
    • Birmingham
    • Glasgow
    • Liverpool
    • Other - please state

Never mind cities... Market Harborough? Northampton? 

Sugar Loaf followed by Enigma on a Saturday night? Guaranteed kick off by some pissed up gammons at closing time?

Being chased up Gold Street when I was 18 by a half-naked bloke flailing his belt around his head and trying to lasso us like a fvcking cowboy just because he thought (wrongly) that we'd skipped in front of him in the queue for a kebab at Milleniums?

Classic nights out. Good times, man.

(absolutely fvcking bleak shitholes)

Edited by RoboFox
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Never mind cities... Market Harborough? Northampton? 

Sugar Loaf followed by Enigma on a Saturday night? Guaranteed kick off by some pissed up gammons at closing time?

Being chased up Gold Street when I was 18 by a half-naked bloke flailing his belt around his head and trying to lasso us like a fvcking cowboy just because he thought (wrongly) that we'd skipped in front of him in the queue for a kebab at Milleniums?

Classic nights out. Good times, man.

(absolutely fvcking bleak shitholes)

You haven't lived until you've done a pub crawl in King's Lynn followed by the last train back to Downham full of 17 year olds with fake IDs trying not to drop their kebab or puke everywhere. 

Only done Leicester, Sheffield, London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leeds, Liverpool and Manchester. Leeds and Liverpool probably come out on top though.

Went to a place called garage in London and their student special offers  were 4 Jagers for £20 and 3 bottles of WKD for £15

17 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

liverpool is superb in the day now the baltic market is doing its thing. it shits all over manchester for pretty much everything, days, nights, people, venues, prices. 

manchester is about 6 quid a pint and it’s fu cking full of people who care more about instagram than having fun. 

leeds is good. 

anywhere down south is shit. 

Can confirm. Bournemouth was decent when I first moved here but is now pretty terrible. Southampton is also bad. Brighton is OK but expensive. 

Maybe I’m just getting old but don’t feel safe in town these days. Especially on weekend nights. Just always feel like something is ready to kick off. It’s probably very similar in a lot of places I guess.

18 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Maybe I’m just getting old but don’t feel safe in town these days. Especially on weekend nights. Just always feel like something is ready to kick off. It’s probably very similar in a lot of places I guess.

Agree with that. Not feeling unsafe so much just having to spend the whole night being careful to avoid getting involved in any aggro and it ruining the night.

46 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Personally I find it much better these days in terms of avoiding twats on a night out. They somehow don't seem as prevalent. Maybe just 'cause I'm older... Or they're all dead.

Leicester was never that bad when I was living there, the city is big enough for a wide dispersion of aggressive, drunk dickheads.

But I spent many Friday and Saturday nights during my teens in Northampton during peak "broken Britain", slip-on-your-smart-shoes-and-polyester-Firetrap-shirt era. I sh*t you not, we couldn't go a weekend without someone getting the arse... It was just a massive concentration of thuggy jeb-ends. 

Thankfully, I'm a wuss so I always ran away. Never been in a scrap in my life.  

Edited by RoboFox

57 minutes ago, shanetko said:

I always felt like this as well. I live in Canada now, ive never even seen a fight on a night out here. Whats weirder is that everyone has to sit down in pubs as they want to make tips, so you cant even really mingle with strangers. 

43 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I always felt like this as well. I live in Canada now, ive never even seen a fight on a night out here. Whats weirder is that everyone has to sit down in pubs as they want to make tips, so you cant even really mingle with strangers. 

Mingle with strangers....dear god, are you mad? 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, shanetko said:

Nah. The kids these days are pussy cats. All.mouth and no trousers.

But Last time I was in town was the AJ Ruiz fight and the atmosphere was mean and nasty, like the old days. And I put that down to the unusual amount of over 40s in town. Scum some of them. 

Knew it'd take a bashing against the cities in the poll - but I've never felt unsafe in Leicester at all.

Birmingham is improving for beers all the time and I love a jaunt there, it's just a bit of a bloody sprawl given its size - it should really be in the northern bracket but it falls short.

Nottingham is alright but it'd be nicer if it wasn't infested with the rudest nonces in the country. Certainly more places for a pint and it's livelier, but the handful of our *best* pubs are better than their best, just about.

where is everyone going for this holy grail of a night out in fu cking manchester? is it just old people voting who think the hacienda is still a thing? 

i go like once a month maybe even more and it is sound enough but don't think i've ever had a night there that's been unbelievable. mainly because, as previously stated, it's full of stuck up minge bags. 

18 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

where is everyone going for this holy grail of a night out in fu cking manchester? is it just old people voting who think the hacienda is still a thing? 

i go like once a month maybe even more and it is sound enough but don't think i've ever had a night there that's been unbelievable. mainly because, as previously stated, it's full of stuck up minge bags. 

I voted Manchester but since Liverpool has been added I would vote Liverpool, but I can't retract the vote.

31 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

or chavvy sluts who want to be fingered!

If this was the top criteria we’d have a very different list 😈😈😈

Edited by shanetko