Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

What’s gone Wrong (in 20 words or less)

47 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Bit prickly nettle? I hate seeing us lose, though it appears some on here revel in it, that I find incredulous!

Young team, Wilf out, Vardy with niggles and personal shite, some tough fixtures and it's football.... bad runs happen.

Imo support, encouragement and belief are more beneficial than some of the more extreme and dramatic reactions on here. I've even seen hints of Rodgers out and the lost the dressing room shit surfacing.

Finally ,despite this horrible run we are still in fantastic shape, a win and hopefully the confidence will flood back.

Swings and roundabouts mate I just think something doesn't feel quite right about us and I can't put my finger on it, this has been going on for a while now though. Opposite opinions make this forum tick so all's good👍🏻 

• Like 1

Guest Fktf
On 29/02/2020 at 10:01, st albans fox said:

Because players aren’t showing for the ball in tight areas and others aren’t brave enough to make the risky pass when they do ..... confidence .... effort ......

23 words 

This is the answer. When we were winning, we found tielemanns or maddison between the lines, and they either drove forward or sucked teams into a press in the middle so we could find Ricky or Chilwell in space wide. We're not doing either anymore. 

I have been saying for weeks now that our current way of playing has been found out. We always play the same way. Kasper out to either Ricky or Chilly. They try running into final third. Now teams just double team them and have become ineffective. Midfield players now coming deep to get the ball. Making them alot less effective. I have seen this for weeks and I wonder why Rodgers hasn't. Slow, slow build up allowing the opposing team to get everybody behind the ball.The few times he played 2 upfront we appeared much more effective but he immediately went to the formation that has been found out. Also Barnes and Chilly cannot play together. Perez is playing as a winger, but he is no winger. You cannot put square pegs in round holes. We will have to see how we recruit in the summer to see if formations change.

People say we over achieved early season. I tend to believe we are regressing if there is not something going on behind the scene. Also we do have a history of turning on and turning off the football under managers. IE. Ranieri second season. Shaky and then Puel. If we are honest they really did appear to down tools. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

I have been saying for weeks now that our current way of playing has been found out. We always play the same way. Kasper out to either Ricky or Chilly. They try running into final third. Now teams just double team them and have become ineffective. Midfield players now coming deep to get the ball. Making them alot less effective. I have seen this for weeks and I wonder why Rodgers hasn't. Slow, slow build up allowing the opposing team to get everybody behind the ball.The few times he played 2 upfront we appeared much more effective but he immediately went to the formation that has been found out. Also Barnes and Chilly cannot play together. Perez is playing as a winger, but he is no winger. You cannot put square pegs in round holes. We will have to see how we recruit in the summer to see if formations change.

People say we over achieved early season. I tend to believe we are regressing if there is not something going on behind the scene. Also we do have a history of turning on and turning off the football under managers. IE. Ranieri second season. Shaky and then Puel. If we are honest they really did appear to down tools. 

Absolutely bang on.

3 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Agree except the bit about downtooling.

We need more ways to get out of own half. Chilly has been found out, putting heaps of pressure on the rest and on Ricky’s side. We need to have ways out through the middle so that the opposition needs to think twice before double teaming, but unfortunately Maddison is not as good as he thinks he is (stifling Tielemans in the process; and Tielemans has been poor himself). This has been compounded by Chilly though because he has to be able to offer a way out for the CM pair to pass the ball to on the left to stretch the defence but, everytime it goes to Chilly, the whole move is wrecked as Chilly invariably passes it backwards to Soy. You can see the reluctance now in players passing to Chilly now (because they know it will just go backwards). This is a massive handicap. 

As Ndidi has improved so much this year, almost playing as two players, his coming back will help to fill in the hole left by Chilly but we could be so much better if the team as a whole can improve on how they can get out of own half. In this regard, watching Man City (or even Norwich) doing this is a joy to watch - perhaps they can watch videos of them and practise.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Think that about covers it for me too.

8 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Regression to the mean

Hope not but suspect you may be right although we are possibly dipping below our assumed mean right now,, We (family) have been asking this all season as the first half of the season was just so good "are we really this good or is it a purple patch?"

Guest An Sionnach

Making plenty of chances , not scoring , its a striking problem , in the past if they scored one we scored two , no longer.