Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Feel like it's today 

According to the times it's Wednesday:

Copied from another site;

- PL will not require players to be quarantined in a hotel before games resume

- Games expected to restart on 19 June "or more likely 26 June"

- Vote this Wednesday re whether to resume contact training

- Further meeting this Thursday to discuss:

1)  Exact date for restart
2)  TV scheduling
3)  Procedure to decide outcome of league if season curtailed

- Issue of whether relegation

should be scrapped expected to be raised "but it looks unlikely to win widespread support"

• Thanks 2

Just now, lestajigs said:

How long will it take to get the season completed?

League games should take five weeks if they play weekends and midweeks. Probably get the two games in hand done first then complete the season as the fixture list was.

• Like 2

I don’t know whether it would be possible but in the near future it is very likely that things will get back to normal but mass gatherings will still be banned. So it lead me to the idea that instead of using the KP for matches why doesn’t the club just play league games on the show pitch at the new training ground. The 499 seats would more than likely be under the 500 limit for mass gatherings and would allow fans a chance to get back to games quicker. Plus I think it’s better to play in a stadium that size even if empty than an empty KP.

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I don’t know whether it would be possible but in the near future it is very likely that things will get back to normal but mass gatherings will still be banned. So it lead me to the idea that instead of using the KP for matches why doesn’t the club just play league games on the show pitch at the new training ground. The 499 seats would more than likely be under the 500 limit for mass gatherings and would allow fans a chance to get back to games quicker. Plus I think it’s better to play in a stadium that size even if empty than an empty KP.

Unless the Council approve the request to change to one of the conditions of development, the road junction improvements or Highways Agency complete the works to said junction, we'll not be opening the training ground in the near future either.

In reality it wouldn't be approved, no goal line technology, no VAR tech, and I'm not sure if it's the correct PL approved size.

Edited by FoyleFox

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Would be like playing at Bournemouth. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Also using 499 seats would mean jamming people in together. It's more likely that seats in the stadium will slowly be repopulated over time. Say, increments of 10% capacity per month. 

By that point, testing should hopefully be regular and readily available. 

It's not like you'd notice the difference at all the stadiums, if you did this, anyway - like the Etihad... :P

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Why would you want to cram everybody in to a smaller venue? Also I can't imagine there would be suitable facilities for spectators, players, officials or media. Plus health and safety issues, VAR problems, pitch size and ticketing difficulties.

So taking everything into consideration it could work.

June 19th should be return date, as long as everything goes smoothly. Don't see point waiting any longer than that, I get the players are going to be rusty and lacking a bit of match practice but they're not going to be playing any friendlies to help with that. Sooner we restart the sooner it can be completed.

4 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I think the idea is not to limit the total number of people as much as to  space the people out. There's talk here in France that Universities have to look at giving each student 4m² of space in classes and amphitheatres from September - crazy idea but is an example of spacing rather than total number being the important criteria.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I think the idea is not to limit the total number of people as much as to  space the people out. There's talk here in France that Universities have to look at giving each student 4m² of space in classes and amphitheatres from September - crazy idea but is an example of spacing rather than total number being the important criteria.

I'm not talking imminently maybe in 6 months or more if there's a scenario where social distancing isn't necessary but mass gatherings may still be banned. All hypothetical.

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Assuming all the games would be shown live there's the advertising revenue from around the ground displays. They'd also have to set up high quality Video recording cameras and facilities.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Assuming all the games would be shown live there's the advertising revenue from around the ground displays. They'd also have to set up high quality Video recording cameras and facilities.

I can't say for certain but I would imagine a lot of those facilities would already be in place to some degree (maybe not electronic advertising boards). It is in effect a 499 seater stadium from what I gather so it could be plausible. Even in the event of no fans it might be better having 499 empty seats the 32000. I think I read a few weeks back the Barcelona and Real Madrid are looking at doing similar rather than playing in a huge empty stadium.

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

The familiarity of the KP is about all the home side have as an advantage ......  

Guest Markyblue
7 hours ago, Super_horns said:

According to the times it's Wednesday:

Copied from another site;

- PL will not require players to be quarantined in a hotel before games resume

- Games expected to restart on 19 June "or more likely 26 June"

- Vote this Wednesday re whether to resume contact training

- Further meeting this Thursday to discuss:

1)  Exact date for restart
2)  TV scheduling
3)  Procedure to decide outcome of league if season curtailed

- Issue of whether relegation

should be scrapped expected to be raised "but it looks unlikely to win widespread support"

The problem i see with scrapping relegation is it completely changes the bottom 6 mentality in their remaining games and that has got to impact on the finished table.

6 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The problem i see with scrapping relegation is it completely changes the bottom 6 mentality in their remaining games and that has got to impact on the finished table.

It’s been discussed on here but the general feeling is that no relegation = no point in bothering to finish the league .....

• Like 1

What's this obsession with neutral grounds and playing some neutral grounds and the rest home and away defies any sort of logic.

From the Merc

Unpopular proposal back on the agenda for Leicester City and rivals - report

All 20 Premier League clubs are set to discuss the idea at Thursday's Project Restart meeting

By

Chris Watson

Connor O'Neill

10:15, 25 MAY 2020

Leicester City's Premier League season could be completed using a combination of home, away, and neutral grounds in a new proposal.

A previous proposal to play all 92 remaining matches at neutral stadiums was scrapped after Premier League chief executive Richard Masters admitted every club, including the Foxes, was against the idea.

The bottom six clubs in the Premier League had been particularly vocal about losing home advantage even with games set to be played behind closed doors.

But now in a new report by the Daily Mail, the Premier League are now believed to be considering a new hybrid model.

The model would see a handful of fixtures moved to a neutral venue in order to allay any lingering safety concerns, but most remaining fixtures would still be played at home grounds.

The report goes on to add that the matches deemed “higher risk” are the ones that will be switched to a neutral stadium.

The reason behind the move is believed to be aimed at preventing fans from congregating outside grounds and causing safety concerns amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

What's this obsession with neutral grounds and playing some neutral grounds and the rest home and away defies any sort of logic.

From the Merc

All 20 Premier League clubs are set to discuss the idea at Thursday's Project Restart meeting

By

Chris Watson

Connor O'Neill

Leicester City's Premier League season could be completed using a combination of home, away, and neutral grounds in a new proposal.

A previous proposal to play all 92 remaining matches at neutral stadiums was scrapped after Premier League chief executive Richard Masters admitted every club, including the Foxes, was against the idea.

The bottom six clubs in the Premier League had been particularly vocal about losing home advantage even with games set to be played behind closed doors.

But now in a new report by the Daily Mail, the Premier League are now believed to be considering a new hybrid model.

The model would see a handful of fixtures moved to a neutral venue in order to allay any lingering safety concerns, but most remaining fixtures would still be played at home grounds.

The report goes on to add that the matches deemed “higher risk” are the ones that will be switched to a neutral stadium.

The reason behind the move is believed to be aimed at preventing fans from congregating outside grounds and causing safety concerns amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

This will probably include any home game whereby Liverpool win the league, or someone avoids relegation etc I would imagine. 

2 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

someone avoids relegation

.....and those teams have already said they won't vote for neutral grounds. 

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

.....and those teams have already said they won't vote for neutral grounds. 

Quite, there must be better ways of managing it. But it seems like they want to try and water it down and push it through.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

From the Merc

By

Chris Watson

Connor O'Neill

The obvious way to do it would be to say that all matches will be played at home grounds unless police won't give permission.  That means if a club is unable to fulfil the fixture at home, it's their own responsibility and they will have to find another bit of grass with goalposts, somewhere else.  

Basically, that's the rule now - if a club can't get theri own ground licensed, they have to play somewhere else.

• Like 1