Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

26 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

He was sarcastically responding to a tweet suggesting the Watford players were deliberately testing positive to avoid relegation.

Neil Peter

@Neil1889

Replying to

@SkySportsNews

"I’ve never had much opinion either way about Watford before this but they have behaved despicably throughout this all situation, the tactics employed to try to avoid a relegation are ridiculously transparent. I’d be embarrassed if I was a Watford supporter"

I'd be more embarrassed to be as stupid as Neil.

Ahhh i get ya, sorry wasn’t great English 😂

54 minutes ago, Corky said:

The Brighton captain apparently told his club to tone down opposition to restarting the season.

Interesting that, funny the players want to get back to playing rather than the suits who will happily see this drag out 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

A Bournemouth player tested positive for COVID19 in the latest round of testing.

Before Germany, Spain and Italy had their 'green lights' to go ahead, how many players/staff tested positive? Was it as small a number as PL have had in these rounds of testing? Or none at all?

I hope the Bournemouth player is one of the additional 10 rather than a player previously tested. That would suggest he’s had CV19 at the training ground for three to four days. 

It’s looks like it may be last weekend in June now. It’s going to hinge on UEFA’s cut off date if it’s a silly amount of games every three days or not 

45 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting that, funny the players want to get back to playing rather than the suits who will happily see this drag out 

I was surprised that the suits were so adamant about all the excuses with returning to the season- I mentioned before that I expected more clubs to come out with a tubthumping attitude of not being happy with the arrangements but getting on with it and making the best of a tough situation.

However strong the feeling might've been, it did seem like Brighton were talking themselves into difficulty.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I hope the Bournemouth player is one of the additional 10 rather than a player previously tested. That would suggest he’s had CV19 at the training ground for three to four days. 

It’s looks like it may be last weekend in June now. It’s going to hinge on UEFA’s cut off date if it’s a silly amount of games every three days or not 

he may not be .......  you would have thought that they would have made the protocol such that any of the five that trained with him would be quickly tested again over the weekend so they dont go in on Monday incubating it.......

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Very frustrating actually that the German first two leagues are back up and running, seemingly without incident

Whereas we drag on and on without making final decisions.

Another example of German efficiency over British bumbling about.

It’s simply presentative of where both countries are on the curve/process. 

Liga 3 in Germany is still unresolved with half of the clubs wanting to play and the other half not. 

43 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s simply presentative of where both countries are on the curve/process. 

Liga 3 in Germany is still unresolved with half of the clubs wanting to play and the other half not. 

No it’s much more than that I think. It’s representative of how the two nations (both in terms of government and citizens) have managed the virus

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Very frustrating actually that the German first two leagues are back up and running, seemingly without incident

Whereas we drag on and on without making final decisions.

Another example of German efficiency over British bumbling about.

I am sat here wondering why we need to wait til last week of june when they in training.

Seems very odd.   I am guessing some clubs are still fighting the resumption?

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

I am sat here wondering why we need to wait til last week of june when they in training.

Seems very odd.   I am guessing some clubs are still fighting the resumption?

We're also doing it differently, German teams are isolating together whereas our teams are going home to their families. 

We aren't as far along the recovery path as the German's were and all teams wanted several weeks to get players up to speed prior to recommencement of the season

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We're also doing it differently, German teams are isolating together whereas our teams are going home to their families. 

We aren't as far along the recovery path as the German's were and all teams wanted several weeks to get players up to speed prior to recommencement of the season

We’re doing it differently. Exactly my point

If our players really want to start playing again, like the Germans, they’d do everything to achieve it. We weren’t that many weeks behind in terms of the curve

Just now, Col city fan said:

We’re doing it differently. Exactly my point

If our players really want to start playing again, like the Germans, they’d do everything to achieve it. We weren’t that many weeks behind in terms of the curve

I agree with you mate, was just pointing out the differences in our approach to the reply I was quoting. 

We won't be playing till July I don't think, as with everything in English football it comes down to money. 

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes because we lack common sense it seems.

Why are our players not isolating together?

Given the small window that it may be, I think its a huge gamble to allocate several weeks just for training.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Yes because we lack common sense it seems.

Why are our players not isolating together?

Given the small window that it may be, I think its a huge gamble to allocate several weeks just for training.

Summed it up right there. Every prem team has the money to book out a hotel or provide accommodation at their training facility. We won't as teams simply don't want to return due the financial risks they'll face if they go down. 
If players were isolating from families, the vast majority of complaints go away. You'd have the odd player, e.g. Kante, with previous medical concerns but minus them, the entire playing staff could return.

5 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Aren’t we forgetting that that the UK has had a far bigger outbreak than Germany?So comparing the two leagues is a bit pointless.

I think the point being made is that it's hardly a coincidence.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Aren’t we forgetting that that the UK has had a far bigger outbreak than Germany?So comparing the two leagues is a bit pointless.

Surely that's even more justification for complete isolation from families to start with :dunno:

• Like 1