Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

At this point i feel like the season is shot and can't be bothered anymore. The only true thing would be to finish the season but i just dont see how you can call the remaining games legitimate if players have reservations about playing (mental aspect and can impact performance) or we are playing in  neutral venues which to me is a disadvantage for many teams.

No matter which approach you take someone will complain or want to sue.

Shit season to be a champion thats for sure. The only saving grace for Liverpool is they deserve to be champions based on how far ahead they are.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, davieG said:

What's this obsession with neutral grounds and playing some neutral grounds and the rest home and away defies any sort of logic.

From the Merc

Unpopular proposal back on the agenda for Leicester City and rivals - report

All 20 Premier League clubs are set to discuss the idea at Thursday's Project Restart meeting

By

Chris Watson

Connor O'Neill

10:15, 25 MAY 2020

Leicester City's Premier League season could be completed using a combination of home, away, and neutral grounds in a new proposal.

A previous proposal to play all 92 remaining matches at neutral stadiums was scrapped after Premier League chief executive Richard Masters admitted every club, including the Foxes, was against the idea.

The bottom six clubs in the Premier League had been particularly vocal about losing home advantage even with games set to be played behind closed doors.

But now in a new report by the Daily Mail, the Premier League are now believed to be considering a new hybrid model.

The model would see a handful of fixtures moved to a neutral venue in order to allay any lingering safety concerns, but most remaining fixtures would still be played at home grounds.

The report goes on to add that the matches deemed “higher risk” are the ones that will be switched to a neutral stadium.

The reason behind the move is believed to be aimed at preventing fans from congregating outside grounds and causing safety concerns amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Given the amount of people congregating at beaches and in parks, who are left to their own devices I actually have doubts that fans outside stadiums a month from now will be addressed by the police. Although that may not be the case for some high profile games - you can see lots congregating in liverpool or for those avoiding relegation. 

Most of us agreed we wouldn't see the point being outside the KP & hopefully most other fans feel the same. 

24 minutes ago, Bearman said:

As a Rangers supporter I feel the decision made by the corrupt SPFL in Scotland to 'hand' a title to our rivals and relegate Hearts is so wrong. Rangers may have been 13 points behind but they had a game in hand and still to play Celtic twice, win those and it's only 4 points with 6 to play.

Regarding the relegation of Hearts who were 4 points behind with 24 points to play for, that is just crazy! If we take the SPFL's logic, Leicester City would never have won the Premier League. 

A year before they were crowned champions, Leicester were bottom of the league and in serious danger of going down. But they rallied hard in the remaining weeks of the season and avoided the drop. The next year they were champions.

But if a pandemic had struck in 2015, going by Scottish rules, Leicester would have been relegated and there would have been no Championship the following year.

Championship success, relegation and promotion cannot be decided in a boardroom. Otherwise you are questioning sporting integrity.

Stay safe lads.

lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

The obvious way to do it would be to say that all matches will be played at home grounds unless police won't give permission.  That means if a club is unable to fulfil the fixture at home, it's their own responsibility and they will have to find another bit of grass with goalposts, somewhere else.  

Basically, that's the rule now - if a club can't get theri own ground licensed, they have to play somewhere else.

I'd just like to say you've spoken a lot of sense in this thread.

Thanks for posting.

As much as I am for finishing the season, I've got to admit that a little part of me (which is growing as June approaches) would be more than happy for the season to be ended now as long as that guarantees us CL football next season.

9 hours ago, Bearman said:

As a Rangers supporter I feel the decision made by the corrupt SPFL in Scotland to 'hand' a title to our rivals and relegate Hearts is so wrong. Rangers may have been 13 points behind but they had a game in hand and still to play Celtic twice, win those and it's only 4 points with 6 to play.

Regarding the relegation of Hearts who were 4 points behind with 24 points to play for, that is just crazy! If we take the SPFL's logic, Leicester City would never have won the Premier League. 

A year before they were crowned champions, Leicester were bottom of the league and in serious danger of going down. But they rallied hard in the remaining weeks of the season and avoided the drop. The next year they were champions.

But if a pandemic had struck in 2015, going by Scottish rules, Leicester would have been relegated and there would have been no Championship the following year.

Championship success, relegation and promotion cannot be decided in a boardroom. Otherwise you are questioning sporting integrity.

Stay safe lads.

Seen a lot of this, but (and please correct me if I'm wrong) Rangers have yet to offer any evidence that the SPFL are corrupt.

I'm by no means a fan of Celtic (or any rivalry that relies on religion and bigotry, to be honest) but saying the league is corrupt and not offering any actual evidence sort of, you know, smacks of being bad losers more than anything.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate a big long list of hard evidence to the contrary and I'll gladly hop the fence :)

26 minutes ago, FIF said:

As much as I am for finishing the season, I've got to admit that a little part of me (which is growing as June approaches) would be more than happy for the season to be ended now as long as that guarantees us CL football next season.

Unfortunately, traveling may be the issue that stops us playing even if we qualify

9 hours ago, Bearman said:

Stay safe lads.

But would you be saying the same if Rangers were 13 points ahead of Celtic?

Ending sporting competitions in this way is hardly ideal, but the practicalties and costs (for smaller clubs) in finishing the season is not ideal either. 

Who knows what would have happenned if the pandemic hadn't struck? Maybe Celtic's wheels would have fallen off, maybe not. We will never know for sure but it doesn't seem all that likely that Rangers would have beaten them to the title. 

And of course it isn't just the SPFL who have taken this decision. Competitions in all sports, all over the world, at all levels have had to "end" seasons. It is frustrating for those involved, but when we have tens of thousands of people dying from coronavirus none of this stuff is that important. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

We won't be able to go to the games anyway so that's the main reason to get excited out the window. 

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Ending sporting competitions in this way is hardly ideal, but the practicalties and costs (for smaller clubs) in finishing the season is not ideal either. 

Who knows what would have happenned if the pandemic hadn't struck? Maybe Celtic's wheels would have fallen off, maybe not. We will never know for sure but it doesn't seem all that likely that Rangers would have beaten them to the title. 

And of course it isn't just the SPFL who have taken this decision. Competitions in all sports, all over the world, at all levels have had to "end" seasons. It is frustrating for those involved, but when we have tens of thousands of people dying from coronavirus none of this stuff is that important. 

He didn’t say it was likely, just that it was still possible.

We've pulled off enough feats in our time to know that it ain’t over until it’s over (cliche but true).

Changing the rules over halfway through the season is an absolute disgrace in my opinion. They could have easily adjusted next season (made it shorter) and everyone would know the rules before it begins.

I’d be bitter too, if I were a rangers fan.

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Will the likes of Silva and Slimani be drafted back in? Considering the additional subs? 

How many can they have on the bench?

52 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Will the likes of Silva and Slimani be drafted back in? Considering the additional subs? 

They weren't registered as part of the squad after the January transfer window so unless the Premier League allows clubs to register returning players (which I highly doubt) then they will not be able to feature for us

I imagine the dates for transfer windows and registering players will shift according to what happens with when the league finishes etc.

Our 25man squad is as follows:

GK: Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic

DEF: Amartey, Bennett, Chilwell, Evans, Fuchs, Morgan, Pereira, Soyuncu, Justin (u21)

MID: Choudhury, James, Maddison, Mendy, Ndidi, Praet, Tielemans

FWD: Albrighton, Barnes, Gray, Iheanacho, Perez, Vardy

The only player who I think may be able to feature for us if they return from loan is Dewsbury-Hall as he is u21 and does not need to be registered

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

They weren't registered as part of the squad after the January transfer window so unless the Premier League allows clubs to register returning players (which I highly doubt) then they will not be able to feature for us

I imagine the dates for transfer windows and registering players will shift according to what happens with when the league finishes etc.

DEF: Amartey, Bennett, Chilwell, Evans, Fuchs, Morgan, Pereira, Soyuncu, Justin (u21)

The only player who I think may be able to feature for us if they return from loan is Dewsbury-Hall as he is u21 and does not need to be registered

On the development thread it's said that George Hurst is back in training.  Might it be possible that he is included in the squad too?

5 minutes ago, deep blue said:

On the development thread it's said that George Hurst is back in training.  Might it be possible that he is included in the squad too?

He is only 21 so can be played without being named in the 25 man squad

22 hours ago, Bearman said:

Stay safe lads.

The saltiness is rife here. The gap was increasing the way the season was going and it probably saved you guys losing even more ground to Celtic.

Hearts might have a point is being peeved to be fair.

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The saltiness is rife here. The gap was increasing the way the season was going and it probably saved you guys losing even more ground to Celtic.

weird thing to say, football is football, look at our great escape.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I don't think any returning loan player will be able to play, because under normal rules they can't start playing for their parent club until they are re-registered in a transfer window.  There won't be a new transfer window until the season has finished.

5 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I don't think any returning loan player will be able to play, because under normal rules they can't start playing for their parent club until they are re-registered in a transfer window.  There won't be a new transfer window until the season has finished.

Correct, Barnes wasn't allowed to feature for us after his spell at MK Dons

On 25/05/2020 at 23:56, Bearman said:

Stay safe lads.

On 26/05/2020 at 00:23, tom27111 said:

lol

On 26/05/2020 at 09:30, Footballwipe said:

Seen a lot of this, but (and please correct me if I'm wrong) Rangers have yet to offer any evidence that the SPFL are corrupt.

I'm by no means a fan of Celtic (or any rivalry that relies on religion and bigotry, to be honest) but saying the league is corrupt and not offering any actual evidence sort of, you know, smacks of being bad losers more than anything.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate a big long list of hard evidence to the contrary and I'll gladly hop the fence :)

23 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

11 hours ago, Nalis said: