Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

From the Times:

- If restart 20 June - remaining rounds will be 7 weekends and 2 midweeks

- If restart 27 June - remaining rounds will be 6 weekends and 3 midweeks

- So whichever option is followed, PL season will end on Sunday 2 August

- FA Cup Final - Saturday 8 August

- FA Cup QFs and SFs in free midweeks

- Season must finish by early August to leave space for completion of CL/EL

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

From the Times:

**** the FA Cup will make it bruuuutal, so many teams are going to get destroyed by that. If it were just 7 weekends and 2 midweeks it would be ok. We are going to see a lot of injuries. I hope we don't lose anyone too important.

30 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

From the Times:

Wow we're gonna be busy. 

Max of 12 games between 27 June and 8th August. 

12 games in 42 days. That, after a period of 3 and a half months with no proper matches, just training. 

:nigel:

5 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

**** the FA Cup will make it bruuuutal, so many teams are going to get destroyed by that. If it were just 7 weekends and 2 midweeks it would be ok. We are going to see a lot of injuries. I hope we don't lose anyone too important.

I'm surprised they aren't trying to get the league done in 4-5 weeks playing 3 games a week and being allowed to use 5 subs.

The FA Cup will be less of a priority but could play in to our hands if Chelsea rest a massive amount of their first choice and we roll the dice.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Wow we're gonna be busy. 

Max of 12 games between 27 June and 8th August. 

12 games in 42 days. That, after a period of 3 and a half months with no proper matches, just training. 

:nigel:

This is where the squads of Man Utd and Spurs being back to full fitness is a bit of a concern. Imagine if we blow top 4, harrowing.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm surprised they aren't trying to get the league done in 4-5 weeks playing 3 games a week and being allowed to use 5 subs.

The FA Cup will be less of a priority but could play in to our hands if Chelsea rest a massive amount of their first choice and we roll the dice.

I don't know if we can afford to do so to be honest, Man Utd and Spurs are both back to full fitness, Spurs especially will benefit greatly, and our remaining fixtures are comparatively quite tough. If we want CL and a fit squad for next season it only makes sense to take the hit in the FA Cup from my point of view.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is where the squads of Man Utd and Spurs being back to full fitness is a bit of a concern. Imagine if we blow top 4, harrowing.

They will be in the same position in terms of match fitness though, If anything more risky for those that have just returned. 

Hopefully Utd bring Pogba back into it, that should screw them over. 

5 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

They will be in the same position in terms of match fitness though, If anything more risky for those that have just returned. 

Hopefully Utd bring Pogba back into it, that should screw them over. 

I think Pogba knows he's not going anywhere, and there's CL football on the line, I can see him very motivated to play.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

8 points lead subject to Sheffield U beating Villa and Man City's appeal.

Judging from the Bundesliga, the first two games will be key as clearly the players are rusty. Games were a higher tempo this midweek. We've got Everton and Palace early doors which are ideal opponents - mid-table, nothing to play. I think teams in that bubble of nothingness are going to really be emphased - **** all to play for, why go running around. 

On the selfish side, probably gain nat's all playing in the CL with no fans until 2021. Obvs, big for finances and players aspirations. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't know if we can afford to do so to be honest, Man Utd and Spurs are both back to full fitness, Spurs especially will benefit greatly, and our remaining fixtures are comparatively quite tough. If we want CL and a fit squad for next season it only makes sense to take the hit in the FA Cup from my point of view.

Man Utd still in Europa League as well as FA Cup so hopefully they'll make a pigs ear of what to do. Spurs could be the problem, you could imagine them in an environment where it feels like an exhibition that they'd reel off 9 straight wins before realising it was real and subsequently have played themselves in to a top 4 spot. Hahahaha

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Man Utd still in Europa League as well as FA Cup so hopefully they'll make a pigs ear of what to do. Spurs could be the problem, you could imagine them in an environment where it feels like an exhibition that they'd reel off 9 straight wins before realising it was real and subsequently have played themselves in to a top 4 spot. Hahahaha

Mourinho has been the most eager to get back playing.....along with rumours he's been having Spurs play games

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thats what I was thinking, those proposed schedules look lighter than a normal season for those in Europe to be honest.

25 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

And 5 subs too.

I cannot think of 3 useful subs we have - let alone 5!!

Surely the 5 subs thing is a bit of a joke, I don't really get it. The cynic in me says it favours the big clubs with big squads. 

Surely changing the rules half way is a bit dodgy, I seem to remember playing Newcastle and possibly Villa, they ran out of subs and had to play with less men. Can they now complain about those matches being unfair? 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

Can't afford to prioritise the FA Cup with that kind of schedule.  We'll have to do some squad rotation anyway but our best players are going to have to be saved for league matches.

Edited by Deeg67

I think the '5 subs' is perfect and its looking likely anyway. People say we haven't got decent players to cover that on our subs bench? 

I've been watching the Bundesliga like many and the tempo is getting higher, but only higher for 60-70 minutes, it's like the are going for a 60-70 minute game win and 20-30 minute subs "close out" or "chase" game. 

Players like tielmans cant close out games at full throttle and depending on the game type neither can our wingers and DM's. We have Praet, Justin, Choudhury, Albrighton, Mendy, Bennett, Gray, Fuchs & James (if fit!). I think that's more than enough to get us across the line.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Will the EL be open by the time we start to play?

43 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Will the EL be open by the time we start to play?

They are certainly intending on trying to finish the EL and CL so not sure what the plan on fixtures dates is, be a nightmare for countries that have already ended their leagues?

• Like 1

I might have missed this.

With the new ‘track and trace’ advice the government announced last night, if one person comes down with it everyone you’ve had contact with is supposed to self-isolate for 14 days.

If one player gets it, everyone involved in contact training sessions with them has to self-isolate for 14 days.

If we get round to playing matches and one player tests positive then every player from both teams would have to self-isolate for 14 days.

Is that right? Or will there be a ‘Cummings rule’ for footballers? 

Edited by when_you're_smiling

5 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

With the new ‘track and trace’ advice the government announced last night, if one person comes down with it everyone you’ve had contact with is supposed to self-isolate for 14 days.

If one player gets it, everyone involved in contact training sessions with them has to self-isolate for 14 days.

If we get round to playing matches and one player tests positive then every player from both teams would have to self-isolate for 14 days.

I thought it only applies if you have knowingly spent more than 15 mins with someone and not kept 2m distance????? And if you are traced,you have to isolate but your household doesn’t?????? 

19 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

No, apparently not because the other player have been tested, assuming they tested negatively.