Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Çağlar Söyüncü: Turkey’s Sensation

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

James Tarkowski would be a upgrade and someone we wouldn’t need bed in. Got plenty of experience and think someone like Evans would prefer playing with. Cags is abit of a bomb scare, flat footed and gets caught out standing flat a lot of the time. His temperament can also be called into question. Crap at marking on corners aswell and 2 goals in 2 years is gash aswell. We can do better then him. Maguire was better then him and I don’t care what people say. It’s sour grapes. 

Agree he is a bit of a bomb scare but Tarkowski is not an upgrade.

Soyuncu is fantastic in a back 2 alongside a leader like Evans. 

Struggles a bit in a back 3 though and clearly not the "leader" defender you need at the back as Turkey are trying him out to be.

Saying he's crap or people only think he's good just because we were bitter about Maguire is obvious bullcrap though. He's been much better for us than Maguire was for us, almost every important defensive metric shows that and the eye-test confirms it.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Collymore said:

So there's still a really good chance Turkey will finish 3rd if they beat the Swiss but are they likely not to make it to the play offs with only 3 points? Am I right?  I'm a bit confused with this 3rd place system... 

Pretty much. 

There's four 3rd-place finishes up for grabs. To not make even that would be a huge disappointment for them.

• Thanks 1

We know that Soyuncu's main issue is his discipline under pressure. He has all the ability but he rushes in unnecessarily when a cooler head should prevail. 

Having Evans alongside him is important as he does appear to need that guidance. 

By many accounts, Soyuncu had been superb in qualifying alongside Demiral. It might be the pressure of the finals which has affected his performance, and we've seen he's struggled more towards the business end of the season at club level. 

Switzerland are a good side, irrespective of what happens against Italy. They dominated Wales, and you'd expect them to beat Turkey. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

I thought Cags was OK but Turkey were absolutely woeful. 

Loads of pointless little flicks and back heels that never came off and that bald bloke up front makes Slimani look like Van Basten. 

Very disappointed in them in the 2 games I've watched and I think LCFC dodged a bullet with Under

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

So there's still a really good chance Turkey will finish 3rd if they beat the Swiss but are they likely not to make it to the play offs with only 3 points? Am I right?  I'm a bit confused with this 3rd place system... 

in 2016 Portugal got 3 draws in the group stage and progressed so they would stand a chance

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

James Tarkowski would be a upgrade and someone we wouldn’t need bed in. Got plenty of experience and think someone like Evans would prefer playing with. Cags is abit of a bomb scare, flat footed and gets caught out standing flat a lot of the time. His temperament can also be called into question. Crap at marking on corners aswell and 2 goals in 2 years is gash aswell. We can do better then him. Maguire was better then him and I don’t care what people say. It’s sour grapes. 

The Maguire who was part of the defence that finished 9th 2 seasons on the bounce and conceded more goals?