Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Çağlar Söyüncü: Turkey’s Sensation

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

So there's still a really good chance Turkey will finish 3rd if they beat the Swiss but are they likely not to make it to the play offs with only 3 points? Am I right?  I'm a bit confused with this 3rd place system... 

Teams with most points. Last time 2 teams with 4 points and 2 with 3 went through. 

6 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Yeah it’s not saying much, stood with his hand up again. I’m sorry but the bloke a liability. 

Stood where with his hand up? The only time I saw him do that the ball was already in the net, not much else he can do bar that in that situation is there?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Yeah it’s not saying much, stood with his hand up again. I’m sorry but the bloke a liability. 

He was very good today & a million miles from being a liability.

I'm glad you are not in charge of our transfers

• Like 3

He was quality in that game. Granted he does get caught out with the line sometimes but can't blame him for that as the ball from Bale was quality and Ramsey ran from such a deep position that a couple of other players should have been picking him up.

Also shows that if Ünder applied himself properly and had any decision making ability he'd be a world class winger.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My only worry with Caglar is : Can he play 38 + games this season without getting injured?

If that happens we are truly screwed. Even though Dan played very well today, I'd still like 2 CBs as we seem to be so unlucky with injuries lately. 

On a side issue, those 2 Cruyff turns in quick succession, on I think the same player, was the highlight of the game for me. And to do it against Man City made it all the sweeter. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

I don't know why attackers don't call his bluff on the cruyff turns.

Anticipate it and you win the ball in a dangerous area, if not, he hits a long ball that likely ends up in your teams possession.

They don't call his bluff because they have been taken to the cleaners and don't see what's coming. Cruyff got away with it many times without the move being anticipated.

3 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

They don't call his bluff because they have been taken to the cleaners and don't see what's coming. Cruyff got away with it many times without the move being anticipated.

He does it very well too and if they do try and stop it by stepping in, he can go the other way into space or play the pass. It's a great move to have in his locker and often gets us out of a press and into space so we can build an attack. 

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Soyuncu always plays with more confidence when he's more or less leading/commanding the defensive line. Whether it's been Maguire or Evans in the past hes had a tendancy to get nervous and rash.

I agree. He appears to prefer being the main man in the backline. He looked very good today !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Thought he was MOTM today. Stopped several ManCity attacks and counter-attacks. Won everything in the air, made a couple of vital blocks from Mahrez shots and cut out space as well, always seemed to be in the right place at the right time today.

Think he's got a lot of responsibility on his shoulders this season with the injuries to Evans and Fofana meaning he's going to have to be our senior/leader centre-back, at least until Evans comes back. But thought he coped with that superbly today.

Agree wholeheartedly.  It's as if he saw Dan as a potential weak link and stepped up to completely command the game from the back.  Kasper saw him as the main outlet when distributing the ball, and he didn't disappoint, always taking the right decision, and was coolness personified. Brilliant.  Don't think he needs Evans beside him as much as we all thought.

• Like 3