Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think we should go for Tammy Abraham, he fell out with Chelsea about signing a new deal and not being paid the money and now they’ve gone and got Werner. If Chelsea want Chilwell then make Abraham part of the deal, he can be our starting striker in a couple years or even a good foil for Vardy with his physicality. 

We don’t necessarily need a striker as such but he’s a very good player who could be surprisingly available. 

I thought this earlier when reading an article on the Werner signing.

On 02/06/2020 at 09:44, Ric Flair said:

Let's say we only have £60-70m to spend by raising £15-25m in offloading fringe players like Gray, Amartey, Slimani and Silva

I'd target the French and Dutch leagues where ending their seasons early will have lead to bigger financial strains than elsewhere

Malang Sarr - free transfer can cover LCB and LB

Adil Aouchiche - free transfer and can be Maddison's understudy. Rodgers and Congerton have links to PSG young players from at Celtic.

Ibrahima Diallo - £20m DCM in the mould of Ndidi and we tried to sign him in January and an ideal replacement for Mendy

Calvin Stengs and Myron Boadu £45m double bid from AZ - Left footed right winger and a ruthless dynamic striker who both could be world class in a few years

Yeah, like you, I'd like to see Barnes make a wing position his own - It's perhaps why we don't seem to be bothered about Fraser from B'mouth... He's a right footed left winger and I think it's the other side of the pitch we are looking at...

• Like 1

Tammy Abraham ISN'T going to go to ANY club were he has to play second fiddle. He has proven he can be a PL club NO1 striker and anything else would be a step back. Unfortunately I don't see many spots for him in any of the top English teams. Man Utd would have been a good move for him but other than that, if he were to move he would be looking at West Ham or maybe Wolves. 

The smartest move for him would be a top team in Italy or Germany. 

• Like 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

My reasoning in saying why he might come is the ages that Vardy and Werner are both at. He’s not going to displace a 24 year old Werner any time soon, but he might think in a years time he’ll be Leicester’s starting striker (I’m not sure on that one myself, but he might be confident in that). 

It’s interesting you say about a top team in Italy or Germany, I can’t see that happening personally as the reason he hasn’t signed a new contract at Chelsea is because he wants wages he’s only going to get in the Premier League. I think we could convince him to come here but it would be a bit of a shock to some. 

I suppose it depends on the advisors he has around him. 

He could chase the money in the PL, come to us or West ham, get 100k a week and sit on the bench for a while OR, he can play the long game. Go to a Milan or a Leverkusen, get 50, 60k and make a big move in a couple of years. 

A good example of it is Dembele. When he left Fulham, he had PL offers but he was clever, he went to Celtic on less money, made a step up to Lyon for a bit more and is now looking at Megabucks for a top team just 4 or so years later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think we should go for Tammy Abraham, he fell out with Chelsea about signing a new deal and not being paid the money and now they’ve gone and got Werner. If Chelsea want Chilwell then make Abraham part of the deal, he can be our starting striker in a couple years or even a good foil for Vardy with his physicality. 

We don’t necessarily need a striker as such but he’s a very good player who could be surprisingly available. 

I don't think we need a striker, we already have Vardy, Iheanacho and Perez as a versatile 3rd option. 

Chelsea would be mad not to sign abraham up. Can see lampard changing the system a bit like leipzeg in a 4-2-2-2 and get them both up top. 

Personally for us a right winger, attacking mid and cb are far more pressing. Maybe a ndidi reserve but if money is tight as expected, hamza is more than capable with good coaching 

Edited by North Leeds Fox

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I thought this earlier when reading an article on the Werner signing.

Doubt Werner is there to take Tammy’s  spot, more to complement.

I wonder if Dan James is still in Man Utd’s plans? Had a great start but I don’t see him starting next season if the sancho rumours are true. 

His pace on the right flank would prove more than useful and his output hasn’t been bad for a player in his first prem season.

12 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I wonder if Dan James is still in Man Utd’s plans? Had a great start but I don’t see him starting next season if the sancho rumours are true. 

His pace on the right flank would prove more than useful and his output hasn’t been bad for a player in his first prem season.

Been offered new contract on big wages this week at Man U.

• Sad 1

As has been mentioned a few times, I can see a few of the academy players being brought through. Hirst is now make or break for him, can see Knight, KDH and the promising full backs being given chances. 

Would like a Ndidi style player for cover, like the sound of Diallo (who i assume @Ric Flair has some promo deal with the lads agent) someone we could bring through and develop into a starter. 

• Like 1

Would love Lallana, Leon Bailey and Mönchengladbach’s LB Bensebaini to replace Chilly is he were to go. Bensebaini and Bailey may be tough to get but one may be realistic if their respective sides miss out on the CL (and we qualify of course).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

As has been mentioned a few times, I can see a few of the academy players being brought through. Hirst is now make or break for him, can see Knight, KDH and the promising full backs being given chances. 

Would like a Ndidi style player for cover, like the sound of Diallo (who i assume @Ric Flair has some promo deal with the lads agent) someone we could bring through and develop into a starter. 

Haha ive only mentioned Diallo because we bid for him in January and it was decided he stayed put until the summer. He is the obvious choice to join, we often line transfers up in advance. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Haha ive only mentioned Diallo because we bid for him in January and it was decided he stayed put until the summer. He is the obvious choice to join, we often line transfers up in advance. 

You're right we do that often, example with Justin, didn't we scout him the year before?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Demarai Gray’s clone pretty much. 

I get what you mean. Similar traits when playing. I think Gray has been living off his potential for a while now.. Redmond I feel is a lot better with the ball. End product more consistent. For me would be an upgrade on Gray. Not a big name so wont cost a fortune but great ability and can be a good squad player and push Barnes / Perez for the starting wide roles. Harsh on Perez maybe as he is not a winger but that position I feel is our biggest area we can strengthen. 

1 hour ago, eddylcfc said:

Would love Lallana, Leon Bailey and Mönchengladbach’s LB Bensebaini to replace Chilly is he were to go. Bensebaini and Bailey may be tough to get but one may be realistic if their respective sides miss out on the CL (and we qualify of course).

Superb players, we have a solid lead to 5th place but our run of fixtures especially at the end of the season is not easy. If we do qualify for Champions League Bailey especially will be a huge player and massive boost to the current team. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Agree he’s an upgrade on Gray, but at the same time he’s older and he’s never going to be a starter for us. I think the next winger needs to be preferably head and shoulders above the rest, or at least be able to make things happen a few times a game like Barnes does. 

A winger who can do that would be the ideal player for us. Someone recommended Leon Bailey in a other thread. I agree we need a very good winger. The problem will come down to the cost and if these better players want to join us instead of a Man Utd / Chelsea / Arsenal for example. Sarr at Watford could do a job if they do go down. 

52 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I haven’t seen a lot of Bensebaini, but he’s meant to be quite a defensive full back, isn’t he? 

Like I say, only seen brief bits of him so don’t know, but if it is the case wouldn’t you favour a more attacking full back to replace Chilwell’s energy? 

Never seen him prior to the restart in germany but very energetic and attacking from the games I've watched since then. Looked pretty decent