Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

16 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

There’s a few wingers down the bottom we could defo look at for sure, Sarr being one of them. You got Fraser, Brooks, Grealish, Deulofeu, Cantwell and Buendia too. Hopefully we could snag a cut price deal for one of them AND maybe another attacker if we have some cash spare. 

Grealish would be the standout one I feel, as we have seen this season he is a superb player and would make us better. Estimated around 80million according to various reports. If we believe them. 

I am unsure of Fraser, last season outstanding this season very very average. 

Deulofeu has a lot of ability but his stats for goals and assists are not great. 

Brooks would be good, but after a year long injury would he be as good as before. Very talented player and fits in with profile we have been after. Young, talented players who we can develop and sell for big money. 

Grealish on that list, for me, but huge competition for him. 

17 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

There’s a few wingers down the bottom we could defo look at for sure, Sarr being one of them. You got Fraser, Brooks, Grealish, Deulofeu, Cantwell and Buendia too. Hopefully we could snag a cut price deal for one of them AND maybe another attacker if we have some cash spare. 

Anyone of them, apart from Grealish. 

• Like 1

Cantwell would be a great signing. He can play on the right but predominantly is a left sided player so I’m not sure if we would pursue on that basis if we are saying Barnes Has the left side all sewn up...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Can’t argue with any of that. Grealish is the obvious like you say, Cantwell after that for me personally I think. 

Keep Madders and Chilwell this summer we might have a chance of getting him if Villa go down. Can’t really see how he starts for the other sides near the top with the players in his position that teams have. 

Cantwell looks a very good player and would be ideal competition and squad rotation for Maddison / Tielemans I feel, especially if we get Champions league / European Football. I like the left back Lewis as well but only if Chilwell leaves. 

Would you take Zaha? I feel Grealish loads of clubs after him, and definitely less competition for Zaha. He is always doubled up on at Palace, could be a great outlet with us. Zaha, Vardy Barnes in a front 3 could be good. 

5 hours ago, rico said:

Papers are saying Dan James could be loaned out next season, wouldn’t mind him here

On loan not a bad option. Wont be a starter but for squad games would fit in well. Was sure we looked at him whilst he was at Swansea. 

36 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Grealish is the best one tho mate 

Maybe it’s a personal thing but I think he’s highly overrated. Spends half the game on the floor and couldn’t outstrength a balloon. Seems to strike the ball well tho so that’s one thing...

3 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Maybe it’s a personal thing but I think he’s highly overrated. Spends half the game on the floor and couldn’t outstrength a balloon. Seems to strike the ball well tho so that’s one thing...

He’s a nob and his hair is terrible but sadly he’s a fantastic, fantastic player. I’d have him here in a second. X 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..Still wouldn't have him!!!

There are some players you instinctively take a dislike to.

It is,as if we were offered Harry Kane at £25m......no thanks!!!

Thank god you’re not our manager then!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

I’ve seen him play us live 3-4 times and watched him in other games. I thought against us he has been very poor and his only tactic was to fall over after min contact every time, he got a stupid amount of free kicks against us. He was invisible when we last played them and didn’t get as many cheap free kicks. I think there is a capable player and very strong player there but I think he knows he isn’t the quickest so his main plan in an offensively poor team like Villa is to play for free kicks. I wonder what he would be like in a decent team but from what I’ve seen of him he does the odd good thing and not much else.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..Still wouldn't have him!!!

There are some players you instinctively take a dislike to.

It is,as if we were offered Harry Kane at £25m......no thanks!!!

You wouldnt like Jamie Vardy if he played for another team either but i can bet my life youre glad he plays for us! 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..so, we are developing players for United!!!

Perhaps, not a good idea.

I get what you mean. but having him for one season kind of like we did with Tielemans albeit that was shorter term. Have an option to buy in the clause if James does well. He will be a good option 3rd 4th choice winger and will push Barnes and Perez. On loan so financially not too bad for us especially at the present state. I dont think United will loan to us due to being higher than them and he wont have guaranteed first team for us. I can see him going to a Bournemouth or Palace instead. 

31 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Buendia is the wide man we should be after for the right side. He's been by far Norwichs best player this season but has somehow gone under the radar. 

He's 4th in the Premier League for key passes p/90 at 2.6, only beaten by KDB 3.7, Grealish, 2.7 and Maddison 2.7. 

He's 4th in the league for dribbles p/90, behind Traore, Zaha and Saint-Maximin. 

He makes the most tackles p/90 of any attacking player at 2.3, followed by Richarlison 2.2 and Anderson 2.0

Joint 4th in the league for assists with 7, beaten by KDB 16, TAA 12 and Mahrez 8.

At 23 years old he could be a bargain and would offer us more than Perez does currently. 0 goals is concerning but he's only getting 1.1 shots per game because of his creative role in the team and the fact that Norwich are crap. 

More of a 10 than a winger isn't he? 

37 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Buendia is the wide man we should be after for the right side. He's been by far Norwichs best player this season but has somehow gone under the radar. 

He's not scored a goal and soon to be three relegations in 5 seasons already in his career.

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's not scored a goal and soon to be three relegations in 5 seasons already in his career.

That's a mental record tbf but does it really matter? He's had back to back brilliant seasons individually. There's only so much one man can do to save a team. Off the top of my head I can think of Evans, Maguire, Robertson and Arnautovic all got relegated but are all good Premier League level players. 

9 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

He's 4th in the Premier League for key passes p/90 at 2.6, only beaten by KDB 3.7, Grealish, 2.7 and Maddison 2.7. 

He's 4th in the league for dribbles p/90, behind Traore, Zaha and Saint-Maximin. 

He makes the most tackles p/90 of any attacking player at 2.3, followed by Richarlison 2.2 and Anderson 2.0

Joint 4th in the league for assists with 7, beaten by KDB 16, TAA 12 and Mahrez 8.

At 23 years old he could be a bargain and would offer us more than Perez does currently. 0 goals is concerning but he's only getting 1.1 shots per game because of his creative role in the team and the fact that Norwich are crap. 

Zero goals is zero goals, no matter how you look at it. There's a player in there somewhere but we need more goals right now. The only two players I'd trust to get us those consistently are Vardy and Iheanacho, and we've had trouble playing them together.

11 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I’ve always been in the minority that wanted Zaha here, people always seem to come up with 100 and 1 reasons as to why we shouldn’t go for him, but think he’d be brilliant for us. Others may say his goal contribution isn’t spectacular but imagine the space him and Barnes would open up through the middle.

Would be very exciting but I don’t know how much he’d cost, probably too much taking his age into account and his importance to Palace, we should’ve gone for him summer 2016 or 17 when he was valued at around £40/50 million. 

Zaha would be a dream. I think he's fantastic and a very hardworking player too. Maybe Crystal Palace will be feeling some financial pressure...?